View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rookies CB Nolan Carroll & OLB Koa Misi Praised 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Rookies CB Nolan Carroll & OLB Koa Misi Praised
Quote:
Nolan Carroll & Koa Misi Praised
Sun Jun 13, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Miami Herald reports Dolphins rookie CB Nolan Carroll and OLB Koa Misi impressed during the team's offseason work. "Nolan is real athletic and quick -- he will play a lot of years in the league," SS Yeremiah Bell said. OLT Jake Long said Misi "is quick off the line, very strong for his size." ILB Channing Crowder added, "He's still getting a rush even when he goes against Jake and OT Vernon Carey." OLB Quentin Moses said "college to the NFL was night and day for me, but Misi has made the transition easily. He looks so smooth; his motor stands out."

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Re: Rookies CB Nolan Carroll & OLB Koa Misi Praised
if misi becomes a starter the reason for it will be because he can stuff the run. For years in miami jason taylor has played on the outsided single mindedly focused on rushing the passer, he always took an outside route to the passer and rbs could easily be productive rushing to the spot jt vacated. Misi at utah played all over the front of the defense there including nt and he never got run-by, pancaked or manhandled like Jt will when he plays against Miami. as for carroll we can only hope that he is a player that doesnt concede anything a la shaun smith 2009, who routinely gave receivers ten yard cushions. both of these rookies represent hopefully the progression of the defenses mentality: physicality and no free yardage,

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Rookies CB Nolan Carroll & OLB Koa Misi Praised
Glassblaster, do you watch football? Because stating that Misi can stuff the run without ever seeing him play a down in the NFL is ludacris. So is stating how Jason Taylor was the reason for productive rushing of an opponent.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Rookies CB Nolan Carroll & OLB Koa Misi Praised
Iowafin wrote:
Glassblaster, do you watch football? Because stating that Misi can stuff the run without ever seeing him play a down in the NFL is ludacris. So is stating how Jason Taylor was the reason for productive rushing of an opponent.

In college that was his best attribute. He's surprisingly strong for his size and he uses his great quickness and speed to his advantage.

I'm with you in that I want to see it at the NFL level. He's going from a 241# weak side 43 DE in a lower level college conference to a 255# strong side OLB in the NFL. I can easily see him getting man handled by the Vernon Carey's and Damien Woody's of the NFL on occasion if he has a laps in concentration, but I think he can do it. He is playing on Langford's side, so, that makes his job a little bit easier.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]