View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Vuvuzela Phinfever 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Vuvuzela Phinfever
IamPZ wrote:
Idk what's worse... trying to read the German or the English Translation lol.

This is the first time we've made it to the 2nd round since 1930... awesome!

Hopefully we can keep up the pressure on opposing teams... we should have won this game at least 3-0... these guys have to know their positions on the field better. That offsides was inexcusable and then two straight shots right in front of the goal were booted over top of it...

You guys made it to the 2nd round in 2002 man. Lol. I think the 1930 thing was the last time you had won the group.

PZ, Dempsey was NOT off sides. That was a bogus call. The refs have jobbed them a couple of times. John Harkes during the broadcast was saying how they've jobbed them in 2002 and 2006, which I don't agree with, but this World Cup they certainly have been unlucky with calls.

Didn't end up mattering because they won the group, so, maybe they've gotten all the bad luck behind them.

I think the US can beat Ghana. It's going to be a good game though. Surprisingly the US is actually going into a game with more talent than the opponent. Ghana plays hard and are FAST though, much faster than Demerit, Bocanegra and the rest of the US's back line. They give up a lot of space in the midfield though, from what I've noticed, so Dempsey should have a good game playing that attacking midfield role. I think he can really expose them down the middle of the field that way and get some opportunities.

How about Italy losing!!! Come on Slovakia! Knock those Italian you-know-what's out of the tournament. Hate the Italians.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:15 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
You guys made it to the 2nd round in 2002 man. Lol. I think the 1930 thing was the last time you had won the group.

PZ, Dempsey was NOT off sides. That was a bogus call. The refs have jobbed them a couple of times. John Harkes during the broadcast was saying how they've jobbed them in 2002 and 2006, which I don't agree with, but this World Cup they certainly have been unlucky with calls.

Didn't end up mattering because they won the group, so, maybe they've gotten all the bad luck behind them.

I think the US can beat Ghana. It's going to be a good game though. Surprisingly the US is actually going into a game with more talent than the opponent. Ghana plays hard and are FAST though, much faster than Demerit, Bocanegra and the rest of the US's back line. They give up a lot of space in the midfield though, from what I've noticed, so Dempsey should have a good game playing that attacking midfield role. I think he can really expose them down the middle of the field that way and get some opportunities.

How about Italy losing!!! Come on Slovakia! Knock those Italian you-know-what's out of the tournament. Hate the Italians.

Dude I am the Italians lol so shush yo face!!

Weren't you born in the US?? Stop saying you guys like you're not an American lol.

Idk the stupid radio dude said it was the first time we made it so far since the 1930's... stupid guy giving me false info.

I also watched the replay on the offsides thing... idk, it was close. Could have went either way, but we still won so it doesn't matter. Like I said, we had plenty of opportunities to make that a 3-0 game at least.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:50 am

Sorry PZ I forgot. Nothing against you or Italy or anything like that. I just hate the way they play soccer. The defend, defend, defend and then go on the counter attack, score a goal, and then just drop back and defend again. It's a complete waste of all the talent that they have and they have gotten away with it for too long.

Man up and play some soccer. Geez. I'm glad they're out. Couldn't hate the way they play more.

Like I said I'm rooting for the US. But I can't call 2 teams "we". Lol. Gotta stay true to my homeland!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:20 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

I have alot, and I mean alot, of family in Mexico....Do I root for Mexico? NO! I was born in the USA.....everything else doesn't matter really, JMO

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 pm
Profile YIM

The Hen wrote:
I have alot, and I mean alot, of family in Mexico....Do I root for Mexico? NO! I was born in the USA.....everything else doesn't matter really, JMO

See what I mean... it's where you were born in my eyes as well. I got family in Italy, Ireland and Switzerland but I'm 100% for America 1st...

It's disappointing to see Italy out so early... but clearly they weren't playing well enough to deserve to make it further. Switzerland needs to win when they play in order to keep it going... I'll be rooting for em!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Hen wrote:

Dang, Henry. I thought El Paso was a country and you all got bounced out before it began. I learn something new every day;)

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
The Hen wrote:

Dang, Henry. I thought El Paso was a country and you all got bounced out before it began. I learn something new every day;)

Lmao!! Dave never fails to come through w/ some sorta joke! :awe:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm

By that same logic, I should be a Patriots fan, PZ should be a Jets and Giants fan, Hen should be a Texans fan...

IDK. I guess I was just brought up with it. I root for the US in any other sport. Soccer is just a Portugal thing I guess. Plus it's the only thing we got!! lol

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Big Dave wrote:
The Hen wrote:

:fart: , LOL

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:43 pm
Profile YIM

Phins Rock wrote:
By that same logic, I should be a Patriots fan, PZ should be a Jets and Giants fan, Hen should be a Texans fan...

IDK. I guess I was just brought up with it. I root for the US in any other sport. Soccer is just a Portugal thing I guess. Plus it's the only thing we got!! lol

Countries vs States... Apples to Oranges

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm

IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I never got that. Apples and oranges are both fruits...both have their own juices...both are delicious and are best from California...

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I never got that. Apples and oranges are both fruits...both have their own juices...both are delicious and are best from California...
Rooting against America means rooting against freedom. :ann0y:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:39 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

C'mon now, we all know Florida oranges are the best!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 am

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Portugal-Brazil on Friday. Neither team has anything to lose and lots to gain. Two rivals, sister countries...great teams...If your near a TV or a computer I recommend watching that game. It's going to be epic.

Thanks for the scoop. I'll be sure to tune in.

Sorry I recommended it. Both teams very content with a tie and did not even put their best players out there.

Ah well. We're in the sweet 16.

VIVA PORTUGAL!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Portugal-Brazil on Friday. Neither team has anything to lose and lots to gain. Two rivals, sister countries...great teams...If your near a TV or a computer I recommend watching that game. It's going to be epic.

Thanks for the scoop. I'll be sure to tune in.

Sorry I recommended it. Both teams very content with a tie and did not even put their best players out there.

Ah well. We're in the sweet 16.

VIVA PORTUGAL!!!

Dave, permission to make a new avatar for JP?? Somewhere along the lines of "American Embarrassment"...

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

PR is suffering from the same problem most South Florida sports fans have. They live down here and were raised down here, yet they root for a team from across the country because of family ties or simply because that team is better.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 am

This is tense...

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Ugh... how disappointing... once again the refs showing no love towards the US... but we played sloppy either way

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:46 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

IamPZ wrote:
Dave, permission to make a new avatar for JP?? Somewhere along the lines of "American Embarrassment"...

LOL.

Well, we are out of it at the hands of Ghana once again. We played well in the 2nd half, but that was the only part of the game that we dominated. I thought we passed and moved the ball better than Ghana, but Ghana played better defense and has a dangerous fast break. I'm proud of our team though. They just ran out of gas in the extra periods.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW

Bradley doesn't know what he is doing.

How could you start Ricardo Clark? The guy is absolutely awful and doesn't match-up well against Ghana at all. Against a team like Ghana you need to be able to do a lot of 1-2 passing up front with your forwards, so what does Bradley do? He starts Findley up front with Altidore. The guy probably just picked up a pair of cleats a couple of years ago, he doesn't know how to play the game, all he has is speed.

I love Altidore. He didn't have a good game but he'll be fine. Since he was 16, and nobody was really talking about him, my dad kept telling me "forget about Adu, this guy is the future of American soccer". Right on the money. Just wish Portugal has a striker of his caliber.

The US is obviously lacking a lot of things and it is still going to take a few years, (until the soccer academies here in the MLS really start producing good talent), before they can really compete in the World Cup, but what the US is really lacking more than anything right now is a winger. Donovan CAN play the wing, but he is much better in the middle of the field, IMO, where he can get the ball in space and distribute on the counter attack and attack down the middle of the field that way. The US has NOBODY who can attack the wing in transition and whip in good crosses for Altidore and Dempsey; neither in the midfield or on defense.

I was talking to a friend after the game and he was saying how the US got plenty of crosses into the box, they just could not finish. Those aren't crosses; that's getting a ton of bodies in the box and floating something in there hoping the goalie lays an egg. Your not going to get any power on those headers, and not nearly enough to beat the goalie from 10 yards out. I'm talking about real crosses on the counter attack with bodies moving towards the net. That's what's dangerous.

But they're young and experienced at the same time already. In 8-12 years, (maybe by the time the World Cup comes back to the US in either 2018 or 2022), I think that they can be ready to compete. Are they ever going to have as much talent as Brazil, Argentina, Spain, etc? No. But they play as a team and with a lot of heart and they do have more talent than a lot of people give them credit for.

Ah well. They have a good future. Better future than Portugal, I have to admit. That's disappointing though; I thought they had a great chance to beat Ghana.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Clark played hard, but he was definitely outclassed on the field. Within the first 10 minutes he all ready had a yellow card, and was picked clean and could not recover to stop Ghana's first goal. We played much better once he went back to the bench.

One thing I will say though is that Clark wasn't on the field in the extra periods when we gave up the game winner.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I came away disappointed in some of the really bad calls by the refs. Also, I'd like to shove those vuvuzela horns where the sun doesn't shine. They were nothing more than obnoxious.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW

There was one slide kick by Ghana where the guy didn't even go for the ball, he straight up just leg sweeped Dempsey with the ref standing there watching and nothing was called. I'm yelling at the TV like wtf was that!!

Altidore had a pretty bad game, imo... he had quite a few chances to make something happen and he just came up flat footed and kind of looked like he had never played before. The team as a whole came storming in for the first half hour of the 2nd half... then kind of died off again.

We need to be a lot more consistent if we stand a chance in this tournament.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:32 am

Brazil playing some beautiful soccer today. Holand is diving all over the place. The refs are going to look at that at halftime and give them some yellows for it in the 2nd half.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Brazil playing some beautiful soccer today. Holand is diving all over the place. The refs are going to look at that at halftime and give them some yellows for it in the 2nd half.

My coworker must be watching it on ESPN360 as I hear him swearing over in his cube and I see a soccer match streaming on one of his monitors. LOL.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:33 am
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

My coworker must be watching it on ESPN360 as I hear him swearing over in his cube and I see a soccer match streaming on one of his monitors. LOL.

:)

Must be Brazilian as the refs are not giving them any love today.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:44 am

The Orange Crush continues on.....

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Hen wrote:
The Orange Crush continues on.....

There you have it! My brother lives in the Netherlands, so, they were my third team:
1. USA
2. England (used to live in Ipswich)
3. Orange Crush (not the players;)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

So Big D you lived in Ipswich, i live just north opf there, Framlingham, what were you doing here in the middle of nowhere? :grin:

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Soooooo,

Spain and the Dutch for it all!

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:58 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Ipswitch? Is it England or Middle Earth? ;)

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:33 pm

The Hen wrote:
Soooooo,

Couldn't hate each team more.

Ah well. I guess I have to root for our Iberian Peninsula neighbor. Spain has the most talent I have ever seen, probably more so than Brazil's 2002 team.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Anevyn wrote:
So Big D you lived in Ipswich, i live just north opf there, Framlingham, what were you doing here in the middle of nowhere? :grin:

Actually I lived in Saxmundham which was close enough to Ipswich that we used to visit there. My pops was stationed in a military base near there. I went to high school at Woodbridge. I really enjoyed it there.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Which airbase, Saxmundham is only 5/6 miles away from Framlingham. Woodbridge is a great little town, although Suffolk has a tendancy to be 20 years behind the rest of Britain. :)

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
The Hen wrote:
Soooooo,

Couldn't hate each team more.

Ah well. I guess I have to root for our Iberian Peninsula neighbor. Spain has the most talent I have ever seen, probably more so than Brazil's 2002 team.

Just for you PR......

:)

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:04 pm
Profile YIM

Thank you Hen. I appreciate it.

Now if you'll excuse me........

Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:13 pm

How did De Jong not get a red card for that challenge? Ridiculous.

This reminds me of when the Netherlands played Portugal back in '06...same type of challenge on Ronaldo went for just a yellow. This one was even more serious as it went right into the chest of Alonso. You would think the officials would have learned.

Decent game thus far non the less. As in all sports, the 2nd half of a championship should get better as the teams are more settled down and in tune to the game.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:53 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's in extra time right now. I get the feeling that Spain is the better team, but the Netherlands are hanging in there.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:59 pm
Profile WWW

Iniesta wasted so many opportunities leading up to that. Good to see him bang that home.

Miami is going to party tonight.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2