All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I will say that the running game is in Gase's style right now. They just need a back who can do what Drake and Williams can do. It would be interesting to see how Drake looks with better blocking.

Dave Hyde wrote:
The Dolphins? They looked fine without Ajayi this night, too. You saw the idea of Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake. Williams had six catches for 47 yards and 14 yards rushing on seven carries. Drake had six catches for 35 yards and 69 yards rushing on nine carries.

Add all that up — 83 yards rushing and 82 yards receiving — and you have a productive back. That’s the idea. We’ll see where it goes now that defenses have seen the idea of how it works.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:28 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

RB's aren't the problem for sure. We are fine with the two we have.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Drake had a costly fumble. This team isn't good enough to overcome fumbles, holding penalties etc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

bobby0112 wrote:
Drake had a costly fumble. This team isn't good enough to overcome fumbles, holding penalties etc.

Definitely. Which is why we lost this close game. How many penalties in the 4th quarter? Not smart.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Outside of that huge fumble, I liked what I saw from Drake last night.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The problem I have with the fumble is it killed momentum. Miami had just recovered an onside kick and was in FG range. They were up 6-3. The fumble was the result of trying to run through the pile with 1 arm on the ball. Not only costly but, stupid, mistake. They also played a weak Raiders Team at home and couldn't pull of the win. This team is -65 in points overall.... there are better teams with worse records. This season is pretty much over. How many times did the defense tee it up on the 50 and the offense just sputtered. Cutler is an 11 Million dollar mistake. Should've tanked the season and gotten a decent draft choice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Fumble hurt but I really like Drake. This guy will go for 1200 next season plus he can catch the ball.
But I agree. Last nights game is usually one we tend to pull out and win. Especially at home.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Penalties were the #1 reason we lost. Murdered drives.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
The problem I have with the fumble is it killed momentum. Miami had just recovered an onside kick and was in FG range. They were up 6-3. The fumble was the result of trying to run through the pile with 1 arm on the ball. Not only costly but, stupid, mistake.

Live and learn.

NFLJunkie wrote:
This season is pretty much over.

I felt that way when the squad was 4-2.

Dolphin Dad wrote:
Penalties were the #1 reason we lost. Murdered drives.

Oakland fouled THREE consecutive times and converted for 25 yards.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more info from Joe's Schad's tape study.

Joe Schad wrote:
Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams can be exciting, explosive weapons. The trading of Jay Ajayi for a fourth-round pick was not a popular one, obviously. But an under-discussed part of the reasons to move on from Ajayi is Gase wanted to see more of Drake and Williams. In this game, the two totaled 12 catches and each made a thrilling play that somewhat rewarded Gase’s confidence. Drake cannot fumble, as he did in the second quarter. But as demoralizing as that play was, Drake has the ability to exhilarate with his blinding speed. This adds a dimension that Ajayi just did not offer. The play to remember for Drake came in the third quarter. It was a 2nd-and-10 at the Miami 35 and Drake exploded through the middle, headed right, picked up key blocks from Anthony Fasano and Kenny Stills, threw a defender to the grass with a stiff-arm and dashed down the right sideline for a 42-yard gain. This is why Drake, given 10-14 carries in any given game, is likely to pop at least one for 40 or more, driving up his yards-per-carry average. Miami needed more big plays. On two other plays in the second quarter, Drake showed off dangerous pure speed and acceleration (on a swing pass) and a stronger-than-advertised physique and mentality (plowing through the middle and breaking a tackle on an inside run). Also in the second quarter, Williams showed why he is a favorite of Gase. Williams can be slippery but he can also pack a surprising punch. Williams’ first start of the season of course provided a remarkable second-quarter score. Williams brings an energy, relentlessness, spark and spunk the Dolphins have seemed to be missing. Jay Cutler rolled to the right and Williams caught the ball at the Raiders’ 10. Williams ran toward the right sideline and braced for a hit at the 3-yard line. Two Raiders put their heads down and one slammed in Williams’ shoulder pads. But Williams has an uncanny ability to stay on his feet after contact. He possesses great balance. Williams spun away and back inside after the collision, as if he were a pinball, stepped over a fallen Jarvis Landry (key block) and fully extended on a dive over the plane of the end zone for the score. It was extra effort. It was the ability to believe that a play does not end when contact occurs. It was, to say the least, encouraging.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... -a-review/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would have benched Ajayi one more time to send a message. Neither guy in our backfield have his ability to break tackles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

With all those yards after contact. I don't see these guys ever being able to carry the load.. Ajayi was super human behind this those guards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
With all those yards after contact. I don't see these guys ever being able to carry the load.. Ajayi was super human behind this those guards

You don’t feel like acknowledging that that exact style of play will inevitably lead to a quick retirement at the same time?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:27 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

You don’t feel like acknowledging that that exact style of play will inevitably lead to a quick retirement at the same time?

It was the lines fault!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

It was the lines fault!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Just because you fail to acknowledge the line is the problem... And until we get our qb back, know way this team can score points.

At 20 million the guy is a steal... Top ten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Just because you fail to acknowledge the line is the problem...

No. The point went over your head. His style of play behind THAT LINE is a recipe for disaster for HIM. It was an indictment on both. We have all come to realize you aren’t the deepest thinker here but what I said was far from subliminal. Has a single person here defended the OL? Once? No? Ok.

:yay:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Yeah...getting humiliated in every nationalized televised game in which they play! Ajayi will laugh his butt off when he gets a super bowl ring at the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Has a single person here defended the OL? Once? No? Ok.

What's to defend? They are horrible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I yearn for the days when we had the 28th best offense..But not until we get our qb back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
I yearn for the days when we had the 28th best offense..But not until we get our qb back.

It gets tiring seeing every comment you make goes right back to Tannehill. Tannehill isn't playing this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

It gets tiring seeing every comment you make goes right back to Tannehill. Tannehill isn't playing this year.

I feel the same way about blaming the line for everything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:

They are still here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:36 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

They are still here.

Hopefully they get smart, find two guards and a center in the off season and when Tannehill comes back, so does our offense next year.

I hate to admit Jammer is right, but there is something wrong with Cutler. He's throwing wounded ducks out there and the pressure on him wasn't that bad last night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

zatrex99 wrote:
I hate to admit Jammer is right, but there is something wrong with Cutler. He's throwing wounded ducks out there and the pressure on him wasn't that bad last night.

Why? Jammer is arguably the most solid dude on here and I’ve been saying the same thing about Cutler. I knew before the 2Q that he wasn’t feeling right. Anyone who has played the position knows he was injured. He isn’t a great QB but he is nowhere near THAT bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I can handle the O looking bad, considering the injuries. What I cannot stand is the D. Besides a rookie Lber being injured, they should not be this bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:04 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

Why? Jammer is arguably the most solid dude on here and I’ve been saying the same thing about Cutler. I knew before the 2Q that he wasn’t feeling right. Anyone who has played the position knows he was injured. He isn’t a great QB but he is nowhere near THAT bad.

Jammer needs to get a little riled up from time to time. As do we all. I respect Jammer as a poster.

I've just been hoping he'd turn it on, that he could replace Tannehill for a season. You can point to the line, the playcalls, both are a huge factor, but he's just off. He seems happy to play, happy to let Gase coddle him, but has no intentions of putting it on the line for the team. But then you hear the contrary, how he was chomping at the bit to play the next week after he broke his ribs. So yes, I'm thinking he's lost his fastball now and Gase has to hide that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Why? Jammer is arguably the most solid dude on here and I’ve been saying the same thing about Cutler.

Sorry you aren't getting your props AFC.

:haha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

zatrex99 wrote:

I'm the one that said something is wrong with Cutler. Been pointing out since week 2 that easy throws are way off. I don't think his surgically repaired shoulder is right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

I'm the one that said something is wrong with Cutler. Been pointing out since week 2 that easy throws are way off. I don't think his surgically repaired shoulder is right.

OK, OK. You get one, too, Rich.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:11 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
[quote=“Rich”]I'm the one that said something is wrong with Cutler. Been pointing out since week 2 that easy throws are way off. I don't think his surgically repaired shoulder is right.

OK, OK. You get one, too, Rich.

Image[/quote]

LMAO, I saw that coming. It should be more obvious to people. And I’ll say again, he isn’t a great QB, but he isn’t nearly as bad as he has showcased with Miami. Cutler isn’t right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:01 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Cutler is right where his career numbers in the past have been..This is nothing new...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

They are still here.

This is a qb league..We don't have one..This is not the worst line in the league talent wise and not even close to it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Cutler is right where his career numbers in the past have been..This is nothing new...

There ya go again little thinker. Looking at the stats. Forget the film. I’ve played the position long enough to know that you don’t get to the point where Cutler is by consistently throwing ducks as bad as he did last night.

He broke multiple ribs just a week prior. That can have tremendous impact on your throwing motion. It can be something else as well and I am not DEFENDING him, just stating that something clearly isn’t right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:31 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:

There ya go again little thinker. Looking at the stats. Forget the film. I’ve played the position long enough to know that you don’t get to the point where Cutler is by consistently throwing ducks as bad as he did last night.

He broke multiple ribs just a week prior. That can have tremendous impact on your throwing motion. It can be something else as well and I am not DEFENDING him, just stating that something clearly isn’t right.

Ok living with Mommy......He is on his third team for a reason.

This is nothing new...And I'm sure it wasn't for you in pop Warner.

But hey coming from a guy that played pop Warner qb and has missed every game but two this year... You should know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
Ok living with Mommy......He is on his third team for a reason.

This is nothing new...And I'm sure it wasn't for you in pop Warner.

But hey coming from a guy that played pop Warner qb and has missed every game but two this year... You should know.

You don’t know me little guy, I say this with a smile on my face and trust me when I tell you, thank your almighty god you don’t. It takes a b**** and a mental midget to make assumptions about someone over the internet they never met a day in their life. And over football?

I would have too much fun with you.

Stay in your lane. Nobody likes you for a reason. I wonder why you never posted a picture of yourself on here? Self hatred? Take a hard look in the mirror.

That’s all I’m willing to go Dave. You can have at him. Up to you. This clown offers absolutely nothing but distraction to ANY discussion on here. You know it, I know it and everyone else knows it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Rich wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

You're also the guy that thought starting Matt Moore was a great idea. IDK what it is with Cutler. Maybe you're right, it's his shoulder. But he looks like he's aloof. No fire whatsoever. No gumption. I really think Tannehill would've produced better, that we would be at least 5-3.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Moore should have started imo. He has had about one practice with the first team all year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:04 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Moore shouldn't have even been on the team if this is the confidence they had in him...And yes I said that the backup should have been upgraded.

We needed someone with more upside.. Having two backups is no way to go into another season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Jay has to be laughing all the way to the playoffs.

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next