All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I agree that he doesn't inspire his teammates to play better, but the Dolphins didn't look good with Matt Moore either against the Ravens. Matt Moore was supposed to be the QB that inspired everyone with his fiery personality.

Alex Makrides wrote:
“What have I told y’all,” ESPN's Stephen A. Smith said to his fellow First Take hosts. “Jay Cutler is a disease. This dude, any team, everybody. I mean Jay Cutler -- you could say Jay Cutler is the cure to anybody else’s disease.”

Cutler finished the night 22 of 37 for 213 yards, two touchdowns and the one interception. Those numbers are a little misleading because one touchdown and a good deal of those yards came during garbage time.

“Any time you are going to go against (Cutler) something good is bound to happen,” Smith said. “He’s horrible. He can’t galvanize anybody. We’re going to talk about the 45 points we saw dropped on Miami. Here is the deal. These guys look uninspired, disinterested and every time Jay Cutler is your quarterback, that’s usually what happens number one.”

The Dolphins sit at 4-5 with an offense that ranks 31st in yards per game at 275 yards and last in points per game at 15.2 points.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/ste ... 6R2vtqaBM/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Sorry but its the truth. He's not a leader.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

The terrible thing is that he feels that he being a leader by trying to stay even keeled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:34 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

90% of these talking heads were all on board with the Gase-Cutler connection and how he was coming in to save the day...

Matt Moore sucks and Kaep kneels so a decision was made, most supported it. Take the 6 wins and get ready for the draft and FA...

Heres a novel idea, maybe fix the o-line that has been an issue for 3 coaching staffs now...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:42 am 
Phinfever Admin
Phinfever Admin

I'm probably wrong, I'm made aware of that fact quite often on the internet, however, I feel like Cutler missed a really big chance here this year. Throw Gase into that mix as well if you want to.

They had the chance, probably a rare one in the NFL if you think about it, to just "let it fly". When Tannehill went down and Cutler was hired, expectations were a mixed bag. Sure people had high hop-es because they've worked together before. But everyone should have realized it could've been a disaster.

He got off the plane in that first practice and people were raving about his arm. Back shoulder throw this, that and this and that and that and this.

Gase dialed the offense down or something, I don't know. This dink and dunk stuff, no real deep threats when you have a guy like Parker/Stills/Landry is absurd to me.

So to sum my point up, they both had a chance to say you know what "eff it" we're going gun slingin' this year and those who don't like it can go cry on Twitter, if we're gonig to lose, we're going to do it balls out slinging the rock.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Smith took the words out of my mouth while I was watching the game. I felt the exact same way almost word for word. Injury or not.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
I'm probably wrong, I'm made aware of that fact quite often on the internet, however, I feel like Cutler missed a really big chance here this year. Throw Gase into that mix as well if you want to.

They had the chance, probably a rare one in the NFL if you think about it, to just "let it fly". When Tannehill went down and Cutler was hired, expectations were a mixed bag. Sure people had high hop-es because they've worked together before. But everyone should have realized it could've been a disaster.

He got off the plane in that first practice and people were raving about his arm. Back shoulder throw this, that and this and that and that and this.

Gase dialed the offense down or something, I don't know. This dink and dunk stuff, no real deep threats when you have a guy like Parker/Stills/Landry is absurd to me.

So to sum my point up, they both had a chance to say you know what "eff it" we're going gun slingin' this year and those who don't like it can go cry on Twitter, if we're gonig to lose, we're going to do it balls out slinging the rock.

I agree with everything you said. It’s hilarious how dramatically opposite the gameplan turned out to this. It’s pathetic, embarrassing, not bold at all and boring. That would have given a young guy with potential like Parker to have a ton of deep ball ‘reps’ during live action going into next season with T Hill. Especially at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kap is a better qb.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Skip to about 4 minutes in if you want too. They start focusing in on Cutler then.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:17 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Looking at clips of past Cutler play the way off throws seem to be a part of his repertoire imo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:06 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AQNOR wrote:
Looking at clips of past Cutler play the way off throws seem to be a part of his repertoire imo.

His play is right where has been in the past. :haha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Cutler is who we thought he was. Even in that year with Gase in Chicago they still were 6-10 which might be where we are heading. But if he is truly injured and his ribs are preventing him from throwing the ball downfield Gase has got to get past his ego and get him out of there. We are just wasting the big play ability of Landry , Stills and Parker.
Facing a bad Tampa Bay team at home with Fitzpatrick at QB should however get us a win this week.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Cutler is who we thought he was. Even in that year with Gase in Chicago they still were 6-10 which might be where we are heading. But if he is truly injured and his ribs are preventing him from throwing the ball downfield Gase has got to get past his ego and get him out of there. We are just wasting the big play ability of Landry , Stills and Parker.
Facing a bad Tampa Bay team at home with Fitzpatrick at QB should however get us a win this week.

I agree...No way Fitzpatrick is as good as our backup...Guys like that are hard to find...

I'm thinking this is the matchup that Stills has been waiting for....He will continue his break out season.

And as far as Cutler is concerned. His 12 TD's and 6 int is looking strong .. He just needs a little more time to get in sync with his stud wr's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:

Once we're mathematically eliminated, Gase needs to alternate Doughty and Fales to see what we have going into next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Once we're mathematically eliminated, Gase needs to alternate Doughty and Fales to see what we have going into next year.

I would like to see Fales at least play in game action...Doughty seems to be getting a free ride because Dan has a crush on him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:14 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
Doughty seems to be getting a free ride because Dan has a crush on him.

When Cutler got hurt and Fales was added to the roster, Gase gave Doughty a raise to lessen the snub. I do believe this is the last year we can stick him on the practice squad. Might as well see what either can do.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... 49213.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Cutler was barely throwing down field before his ribs.

Now I'm going to get everyone really angry with this bold prediction...

Piece all these things together = Gase loves to stick with "his guys". Cutler wants to play again next year. Fales is his guy from Chicago. According to Matt Cannata, there was tension last year between Gase and Tannenbaum, cured by winning then, but it has resurfaced. Tannehill, even though Rapapport said would be starting next year, was not given an unquestioned vote of confidence by Gase according to an SI interview. He was also technically forced upon Gase because that was part of the deal with his hiring. Denver, with Coach Vance Joseph and an awful QB situation, is desperately looking at QB upgrades for next year because their window is closing with that roster/defense...

Watch Denver trade multiple picks for Tannehill, Cutler get re-signed, Moore let go, and Fales become the new backup.

I wouldn't necessarily be livid over this if Miami spent a very early draft pick on a QB, but it better be a top QB and not a 5th round project. I really don't want Cutler back, but if we have to suffer through one more season while Gase grooms a rookie of his choice then I'd be ok with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:10 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily be livid over this if Miami spent a very early draft pick on a QB, but it better be a top QB and not a 5th round project. I really don't want Cutler back, but if we have to suffer through one more season while Gase grooms a rookie of his choice then I'd be ok with it.

I appreciate the hypothetical, but it's contrary thinking. If Cutler and Fales are Gase's guys, he's not going to draft a top QB to groom. It would also put him on the hot seat.

But, if there is actually a good qb to grab in this draft, I'm not totally against the idea.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I can't watch much more of this. Cutler has two devestating picks so far and there are still 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Time to clean house and purge this offense of its stink.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:03 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Now 3 picks with 10 minutes remaining in the 2nd. 10 points for the Bucs via turnovers and they are driving for more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:16 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Gase, grow a couple and put in Moore, please.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Cutler is awful today, but the rest of the team sucks too. Parker can’t catch a ball that hits his hands, but the defender can....that INT was on Parker. Landry coughing up the ball after a nice play sucks as well. Big pass to Landry nullified by a stupid penalty on the line. Return men making bad decisions. Team out coached big time too. Only thing keeping the score down at all is poor execution at times by a bad Bucs team. They had no first half TD’s in the last 5 games, but the Dolphins are everyone’s B.

If Gase can’t turn some of this around, fire his butt and send Cutler out the door with him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jammer, Cutler isn’t here next year. As much as I’d love to say I guarantee you, I will give you this instead. 90% + chance his as is gone. As much hate as he has gotten this season, Gase is a pragmatic individual. There is no argument to back Cutler with. He’s done.

It’s certainly not going to be Moore either. It’s either Tannehill or someone who is playing his final weeks in CFB right now. I REALLY do not want to draft a young guy with this OL though. That could be an absolute waste of a pick and with little fault of the rookie himself. It would be sabatoge.

That is my biggest reasoning in saying give T Hill another year while investing into the OL heavily in both the draft and free agency. If he gets hurt again, so be it. Fix that OL before we even think of using a 1st round pick on a QB.

I called all this BS when the team was sitting ‘pretty’ at 4-2.

Thank god for the ‘17 Hurricanes and Mark Richt. This city needs a break. How empty does The Rock look right about now?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Jimmy Johnson just said " Adios Jay Cutler go back to broadcasting."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
jammer wrote:

I appreciate the hypothetical, but it's contrary thinking. If Cutler and Fales are Gase's guys, he's not going to draft a top QB to groom. It would also put him on the hot seat.

But, if there is actually a good qb to grab in this draft, I'm not totally against the idea.

Not necessarily. If Gase recognizes Fales as backup quality at best that is where he will keep him.

Doesn't matter now, I jinxed the hypothetical yesterday. If Cutler comes back I will treat next season the way I treated 2007 - don't bother to watch, barely bother to care.

Oddly enough, I saw a lot of chatter on Twitter post game about trading Tannehill for picks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:51 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Jammer, Cutler isn’t here next year. As much as I’d love to say I guarantee you, I will give you this instead. 90% + chance his as is gone. As much hate as he has gotten this season, Gase is a pragmatic individual. There is no argument to back Cutler with. He’s done.

It’s certainly not going to be Moore either. It’s either Tannehill or someone who is playing his final weeks in CFB right now. I REALLY do not want to draft a young guy with this OL though. That could be an absolute waste of a pick and with little fault of the rookie himself. It would be sabatoge.

That is my biggest reasoning in saying give T Hill another year while investing into the OL heavily in both the draft and free agency. If he gets hurt again, so be it. Fix that OL before we even think of using a 1st round pick on a QB.

I don't disagree with any of this. If Cutler comes back because Gase wants "his guy" then Gase needs to go too.

I'm hoping he realizes that he cannot just plug and play guys he has a history with. This should be a humbling, learning experience for him.

As I said earlier, and it was mentioned again yesterday, there appears to be a personnel power struggle brewing between Tannenbaum and Gase. Changes are coming one way or another next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:57 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Oddly enough, I saw a lot of chatter on Twitter post game about trading Tannehill for picks.

Though I'm still against not keeping Tannehill, I could really see him going to Jacksonville. They're just a qb away it seems. Denver or Arizona would also be nice landing places for him. I'm starting to feel we're just wasting him here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
jammer wrote:

Though I'm still against not keeping Tannehill, I could really see him going to Jacksonville. They're just a qb away it seems. Denver or Arizona would also be nice landing places for him. I'm starting to feel we're just wasting him here.

I don't think they'd give him away or cut bait, it would have to be a multiple pick offer. If Bradford gets you a 1st and 4th, or if Alex Smith gets you multiple 2nds then you aren't dealing a guy with another 5 or 6 years of starting ability for a cheap pick.

I think Denver makes the most sense with all the talent they have and their window closing. I hadn't thought of Jacksonville but he is the type of QB Tom Coughlin loves - by the book, hard worker, tough, no off field issues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:10 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:
jammer wrote:

I don't think they'd give him away or cut bait, it would have to be a multiple pick offer. If Bradford gets you a 1st and 4th, or if Alex Smith gets you multiple 2nds then you aren't dealing a guy with another 5 or 6 years of starting ability for a cheap pick.

I think Denver makes the most sense with all the talent they have and their window closing. I hadn't thought of Jacksonville but he is the type of QB Tom Coughlin loves - by the book, hard worker, tough, no off field issues.

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st, but we all know how this team gives away players for less than market value...sigh

if we do trade him, I want to see him go to a team that has a chance (like Denver or Jax). He deserves that for the beating he took here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

zatrex99 wrote:
I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 1st, but we all know how this team gives away players for less than market value...sigh

if we do trade him, I want to see him go to a team that has a chance (like Denver or Jax). He deserves that for the beating he took here.

I don't know that a team would give a top 15 pick for him (meaning no first from Denver). If Jacksonville holds on gets a pick in the low 20s then that plus a mid rounder makes sense.

Denver would probably have to offer up a 2nd this year and maybe 1st next year when they would presumably have a better record.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Funniest tweet about Cutler yesterday -

"If Jay Cutler owned a funeral parlor, nobody would die. He is bad luck."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

We should trade Cutler for a 2nd then...28th 24th... What's the difference?

No excuses?

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]