Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ray Maualuga waived
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... lbs-arrest

Maualuga has gone after his arrest, not really ideal, but I guess not a big loss either considering some of the play from our line backers this season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's been a crazy year. I just get the feeling that it will be hard for Gase to motivate this team to be more than below average.

Jason Lieser wrote:
The Dolphins waived linebacker Rey Maualuga after he was arrested this morning.

Miami-Dade County lists the charge as battery, which was first reported by Pro Football Talk. The police file on his arrest had him booked at 12:46 p.m. today and has his bail at $1,500.

Pro Football Talk broke the news that he was arrested on battery charges in Miami and is currently being held. Andy Slater of AM 940 reported the allegation is that Maualuga was at Club E11even in Miami at 8:30 a.m., and the allegation is that he refused to pay a $40 bar tab and grabbed the victim by the throat.

The Dolphins waived Maualuga at 3 p.m., creating an open roster spot in advance of Sunday’s home game against Tampa Bay. Letting him go left the team with five linebackers. Miami originally signed him to replace second-round pick Raekwon McMillan, who tore his ACL in the opening preseason game.

The Dolphins filled Maualuga’s spot by promoting practice squad running back De’Veon Smith to the active roster. Smith is an undrafted rookie from Michigan who has been with the team since April. He rushed for 846 yards and 10 touchdowns last year.

Practice squad linebacker Neville Hewitt, who played all 16 games and had five starts for Miami last season, is a candidate to be signed if Miami determines it needs help at the position.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... er-arrest/

Post subject: Re: Ray Maualuga waived
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

“Grabbing by the throat” is now considered battery? God help this country.

I’m not excusing what he did, but labeling that as battery sounds insane to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:16 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

No way a Dolphin does this. Sounds like fake news to me. Not paying a $40.00 bar tab .... they must have him mixed up with a Patriot or Jet.
What a season ... no doubt we take it out on Tampa Bay tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

“The crime of Simple Battery or Misdemeanor Battery is defined under Section 784.03, Florida Statutes. In Florida, the term battery means: Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.“

....I think this is pretty much the definition for battery in all 50 states. Surprised folks don’t know this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
“The crime of Simple Battery or Misdemeanor Battery is defined under Section 784.03, Florida Statutes. In Florida, the term battery means: Any actual and intentional touching or striking of another person against that person's will (non-consensual), or. The intentional causing of bodily harm to another person.“

....I think this is pretty much the definition for battery in all 50 states. Surprised folks don’t know this.

Battery just sounds like an extreme word. Like Rey grabbed him by the throat than choke slammed him. I don’t think of battery when someone ‘non consenually’ touches someone’s face. Oh well.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:12 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Why wasn't Malaluga at home doing the homework Gase assigned? I mean, Gase assured us that's what he wants his players doing at home, instead of out drinking and partying and spending their well earned millions. Tsk! Tsk! The nerve! A league investigation by prized researcher Ted Wells should be launched immediately if not sooner. Wells can make it part 4 of the horror/comedy book titled, How The Dolphins World Turns. Part 1 of course is the Incognito Bullying Report. Part 2 is titled, Offensive Line Coach Does Lines Report. And how can we forget part 3: Linebacker Disappears in California, reported abducted by Aliens. And if none of this works, then Gase should waive Rashad Jones! Yeah! Teach them all a lesson! He can systematically work his way down the roster to the least valuable player, which at this point it remains a close call between Kiko Alonso and John Denney.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
He can systematically work his way down the roster to the least valuable player, which at this point it remains a close call between Kiko Alonso and John Denney.

Don’t talk **** about John. That’s my long snapper.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
He can systematically work his way down the roster to the least valuable player, which at this point it remains a close call between Kiko Alonso and John Denney.

Don’t talk **** about John. That’s my long snapper.

Whoa .. whoa! Those are fighting words, carreramia! I almost grabbed you by the throat for that one. That's worth as much as a $40 bar tab.

:haha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:11 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Big Dave wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Whoa .. whoa! Those are fighting words, carreramia! I almost grabbed you by the throat for that one. That's worth as much as a $40 bar tab.

$40?? Pfft! No problemo brother....that's half the price of a stinkin' Dolphins tix, the other $40 we can blow on wings and things while watching real NFL football in any of a dozen TV screens not showing the woeful Fins.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Battery just sounds like an extreme word. Like Rey grabbed him by the throat than choke slammed him. I don’t think of battery when someone ‘non consenually’ touches someone’s face. Oh well.

:)

Hense the word Misdemeanor. What you described might get you felony.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:57 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Why in the world would anyone Criticize John Denney? LS is a position you can grab any year as a UDFA, yet he's held the position since 2005???

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:43 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

zatrex99 wrote:
Why in the world would anyone Criticize John Denney? LS is a position you can grab any year as a UDFA, yet he's held the position since 2005???

get ahold will ya? I guess I have to explain it: I was only kidding around and mocking Kiko. I would imagine the lowest guy in most rosters would be the long snapper.....geeezzz....you would think I criticized Mother Theresa.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
....geeezzz....you would think I criticized Mother Theresa.

It’s the same #@&% level of disrespect. Don’t talk **** about John.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:20 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

if you're serious, then ur nuckin' futz...but I don't think you are. It's funny though.....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

get ahold will ya? I guess I have to explain it: I was only kidding around and mocking Kiko. I would imagine the lowest guy in most rosters would be the long snapper.....geeezzz....you would think I criticized Mother Theresa.

Sorry, I'm having problems finding my sense of humor watching this team disintegrate this year. On the other hand, I am amused with the Jerry Jones/Rodger Godell feud.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Speaking of LBs, it sounded like Stephone Anthony was having a decent game before he got hurt. Can anyone confirm? I didn't get to watch yesterday and could only follow via Twitter. I kept reading he was playing Nickel ahead of Timmons.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:09 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I saw him make one decent play.

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]