All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If we do not resign Landry, it would be my lowest point in being a Dolphins fan. You have to keep your playmakers unless you have someone to take his place. I don't see anyone to take his place.

RotoWorld wrote:
Jarvis Landry caught 6-of-11 targets for 95 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 11 loss to the Buccaneers. Landry's 2-yard touchdown in the second quarter was his league-leading sixth touchdown catch from inside of the 10-yard line on the season. Landry had a 49-yard catch and run to open the second half from Matt Moore, which is promising moving forward if Jay Cutler is going to miss time because Landry has been a sketchy fantasy performer with Moore under center over the past year and a half. Even if Moore starts next weekend, continue to use Landry as a WR2 against the Patriots in Week 12.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9405/jarvis-landry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:33 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
If we do not resign Landry, it would be my lowest point in being a Dolphins fan. You have to keep your playmakers unless you have someone to take his place. I don't see anyone to take his place.

RotoWorld wrote:
Jarvis Landry caught 6-of-11 targets for 95 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 11 loss to the Buccaneers. Landry's 2-yard touchdown in the second quarter was his league-leading sixth touchdown catch from inside of the 10-yard line on the season. Landry had a 49-yard catch and run to open the second half from Matt Moore, which is promising moving forward if Jay Cutler is going to miss time because Landry has been a sketchy fantasy performer with Moore under center over the past year and a half. Even if Moore starts next weekend, continue to use Landry as a WR2 against the Patriots in Week 12.

This may be laughable, but their reluctance to sign Landry only makes me believe they are banking on Carroo being able to step in and take that role.

I'm only sure of one thing. Which ever route they take will prove to be the wrong one.

Landry is not a game changer, but is a chain mover.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:51 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:

A lot of times moving the chains changes the game...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Dphins4me wrote:
This may be laughable, but their reluctance to sign Landry only makes me believe they are banking on Carroo being able to step in and take that role.

I'm only sure of one thing. Which ever route they take will prove to be the wrong one.

Not laughable at all, except it may be Rashawn Scott and not Carroo according to Salguero. Barry Jackson tweeted that Landry wants something like 5 years $65 million and that isn't happening for a slot guy. Carroo was a healthy scratch yesterday and Salguero noted that Scott just looks like the better receiver. Carroo's draft status is the only thing saving him at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

You have to move the chains to score TD's later. I am afraid they think Stills and Parker can carry the load going forward. Parker is still trying to do more than have a lot of potential. The way things are going I could see Miami decide to let Landry walk.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

Yes, we already made this mistake with Wes Welker. Lets not do it again. Stills is fine, Parker is the one not producing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:

Yes, we already made this mistake with Wes Welker. Lets not do it again. Stills is fine, Parker is the one not producing.

Welker's career was made when Miami traded him. Had he remained a Phin. He would be just another overachieving Wr. In two yrs in Miami he scored 1 Td.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:11 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
zatrex99 wrote:

Welker's career was made when Miami traded him. Had he remained a Phin. He would be just another overachieving Wr. In two yrs in Miami he scored 1 Td.

No QB will do that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

T Hill is going to need him for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:44 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:

No QB will do that.
Correct and we know how much Miami has struggled to get into the endzone over the past decade. FG city.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
FG city.

Well, well ... get ready for this. We had some practice at this yesterday.

I hope Gase practices his shot put this week.

:haha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
FG city.

Well, well ... get ready for this. We had some practice at this yesterday.

I hope Gase practices his shot put this week.

:haha

Those never get old. A true staple of Dolphin history. That first gif couldn’t have possibly have been after a FG though...right? We always whooped OAK with Tony here. Not gonna lie. I liked Tony Sparano a lot, just not as a head coach.

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]