Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:33 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Joe Schad
November 20, 2017

... “I wish (Parker’s) route was a little bit cleaner on the one in the end zone,” Miami coach Adam Gase said Monday. “But I think it’s kind of like one of those things where I wish Jay (Cutler) could have thrown it a little bit sooner. Probably the look we got in practice wasn’t exactly like that. But it was pretty close. We had the look we wanted. We’ve got to hook up on that. And both those guys can be a little better on that.”

You know, usually, DeVante has been pretty reliable and when the ball hits him in the hands as far as catching it,” Gase said. ...

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... rceptions/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

The one in the end zone was a bad throw by Cutler. The out pattern was on Parker for not pulling it down.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The interception that bounced out of Parker's hand was Cutler's fault as well. The coverage was way too tight, but you have to give him props for threading that ball in there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Big Dave wrote:
The interception that bounced out of Parker's hand was Cutler's fault as well. The coverage was way too tight, but you have to give him props for threading that ball in there.

I just rewatched the play again and have to say that interception was all on Parker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:45 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I think Miami was waiting to see if Parker broke out this year before deciding on whether to pay Landry. As Salguero pointed out in a recent article, Parker has nagging injuries and his play suffers due to it. Unless Parker goes on a tear over the final 6 games we may see Landry get his extension (or at least the tag) and Miami may look for a jump ball type WR later in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:50 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Yeah Parker just hasn't put it all together on a consistent basis. They have him signed through 2018 but unless it suddenly clicks Landry is getting paid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

bobby0112 wrote:
Yeah Parker just hasn't put it all together on a consistent basis. They have him signed through 2018 but unless it suddenly clicks Landry is getting paid.

It doesn't mean Miami has to ditch Parker per se, but they don't have to preemptively pay him. He's under contract next year and could obviously be tagged or extended the following year if he "breaks out."

Most of these deals Miami sets up can be dumped after two years, or, restructured. Kenny Stills' deal is paying him a lot next year and is fair game to be reworked in 2019. They aren't in cap h'ell, they just can't make too many major moves next year. Extending Landry is a must because he will either continue to be Tannehill's top target or will be a rookie QB's best friend.

Miami may need to consider another Brandon Marshall type in the draft, someone who can basically play power forward. I keep reading about this kid Jaleel Scott from New Mexico State. He's 6'5 and has some bulk.

There were also rumors that Gase really wanted Alshon Jeffrey who happens to be an upcoming free agent. Lots of time for things to play out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
There were also rumors that Gase really wanted Alshon Jeffrey who happens to be an upcoming free agent. Lots of time for things to play out.

Gase loves his receivers. What Gase really needs is a quarterback with a gunslinger attitude. Moore does it well when he goes in with the game seemingly out of reach. I wouldn't call Tannehill a gunslinger. He's been taught so much to be careful with the ball that he may never get that out of his mind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:33 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

bobby0112 wrote:

Landry is getting paid. I'm just not sure by what team.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:02 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:

Landry is getting paid. I'm just not sure by what team.

Players like Landry like to win, too. I wouldn't think there will be a hometown discount to stay in this mess. I'm sure that Landry thinks he can fit into any offense and be productive.

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]