All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:15 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

4th and 7/8 on their 27 yard line, the Patriots fake the punt and get the first down. I could not get over that play the entire game. It was disrespectful, and we took it.

Hal Habib wrote:
The Dolphins were livid that Michael Thomas wasn’t credited with a fumble recovery on a punt early in the second half. They should have been livid that Bill Belichick thought so little of their coverage that on the first series of the game, he called a fake punt from his 27-yard line. With 8 yards to go for a first down. Upback Nate Ubner took the snap and ran 14 yards. Four plays later, it was 7-0 and New England was on its way.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... -patriots/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

disrespectful? I know your sentiment and respect where that comes from, but.....

....this reminds me of a quote by Herm Edwards, it goes something like "You Play To Win The Game!!" With emphasis on YOU, PLAY, TO, WIN, THE, GAME.

Or the movie with Tom Hanks and the girls baseball team: "There's no crying in baseball!".

Well, both of those things apply here. There is no "disrespect" in NFL football, and you play to win, not earn brownie points. Nor should we feel sorry for the Dolphins when they are outsmarted and outplayed.

The Dolphins have to earn that respect, and they have to become good enough and smart enough and well coached enough to keep accomplished teams like NE from succeeding when they try stuff like that.

And it may not be as outrageous but back when Marino first pulled the clock play, when the Fins were going good, I'm sure Jets fans considered it bush and disrespectful.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:27 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Disrespectful? You play to win the game. Nice call by the pats

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:57 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yea. You cant take your foot off the pedal. Disrespected did not even come to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:27 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

It was probably because they listened in on the headset call and knew the play that was going to be run.

Patriots fans think the Dolphins play dirty...Not use to being smacked in the mouth like that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, guys, you know that I didn't take it personal, but the Dolphins should have. Belichick's a genius.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, this is embarrassing.

Dave Hyde wrote:
“He can take his’n and beat your’n, and he can take your’n and beat his’n.” Bum Phillips said that about Don Shula. But linebacker Trevor Reilly is just the latest former Dolphins that Bill Belichick has put to good use. It was non-news when the Dolphins cut him in mid-October and the Patriots claimed him. He’d played little and been cut previously by the Jets and Patriots. So what has Reilly done on his second stint in New England? He’s played a serviceable middle linebacker on a defense that’s given up 8, 16 and 13 points the past three weeks. He was injured late in Sunday’s third quarter, but he’s become a nice addition for the Patriots. Put him on the list of former Dolphins who have helped Belichick to varying degrees: Wes Welker, Larry Izzo, Rob Ninkovich, Jonathan Freeney, Jonas Gray … Oh, and former Patriots who have helped the Dolphins in the Belichick era? Um … was he coaching when Irving Fryar and Nick Bouniconti came to the Dolphins?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:49 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

Dave Hyde wrote:
“He can take his’n and beat your’n, and he can take your’n and beat his’n.” Bum Phillips said that about Don Shula. But linebacker Trevor Reilly is just the latest former Dolphins that Bill Belichick has put to good use. It was non-news when the Dolphins cut him in mid-October and the Patriots claimed him. He’d played little and been cut previously by the Jets and Patriots. So what has Reilly done on his second stint in New England? He’s played a serviceable middle linebacker on a defense that’s given up 8, 16 and 13 points the past three weeks. He was injured late in Sunday’s third quarter, but he’s become a nice addition for the Patriots. Put him on the list of former Dolphins who have helped Belichick to varying degrees: Wes Welker, Larry Izzo, Rob Ninkovich, Jonathan Freeney, Jonas Gray … Oh, and former Patriots who have helped the Dolphins in the Belichick era? Um … was he coaching when Irving Fryar and Nick Bouniconti came to the Dolphins?

Proving once again this is all about coaching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

A gutsy call that changed the momentum of the game. Disrespect is more like have a huge lead but driving for a late TD in the 4th quarter to run up the score.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Dave Hyde wrote:

Proving once again this is all about coaching.

Not just here tho, the Patriots pick up guys from all over the league and, well...

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Five days after being signed off the Buffalo Bills' practice squad, defensive end Eric Lee played 25 snaps in his NFL debut for the New England Patriots and finished with four tackles and one sack in the team's win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This just shows you what happens when a player believes in the system that's in place and has trust in the staff. They come in and give everything they have on every snap.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
Not just here tho, the Patriots pick up guys from all over the league and, well...

Quote:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Five days after being signed off the Buffalo Bills' practice squad, defensive end Eric Lee played 25 snaps in his NFL debut for the New England Patriots and finished with four tackles and one sack in the team's win over the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

I think everyone had a sack in that one. I thought I saw Brady dragging Matt Moore down at one point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:37 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

More like:

"This is an awful team, let's just convert it and go score."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

zatrex99 wrote:
Makchell wrote:

A gutsy call that changed the momentum of the game. Disrespect is more like have a huge lead but driving for a late TD in the 4th quarter to run up the score.

It was disrespect solely in this fact. There was absolutely no fear in the Pats that had it failed that Miami was a threat to score. Miami earned that lack of respect.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:00 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Belichick loves to rub our nose in it that at the time they are better than us. The Pats really needed to fake a punt against the Dolphins, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
It was disrespect solely in this fact. There was absolutely no fear in the Pats that had it failed that Miami was a threat to score. Miami earned that lack of respect.

Right there. Belichick may say all the positive things before a game, but actions during the game speak louder than words. He doesn't think this is a good team, and neither do we. There was no fear in failing to get that first down inside their own 30 yard line. That is on us.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]