Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: DeVante Parker ... bust?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Pitiful. To me, it looked like he ran the wrong route as Matt thought he was going to turn outside rather than inside. The look on Matt's face said it all. Either Parker is a bust or he is poorly coached.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Anyway, the Dolphins were trailing 21-10 and had the football on the New England Patriots’ 15 yard line. Quarterback Matt Moore wanted to throw to DeVante Parker in the end zone. And Parker, who the Dolphins believe is their most gifted receiver, was in one-on-one coverage against Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore.

Moore underthrew the football. And Parker, seeing the underthrow, did absolutely nothing to stop his route, convert to a defensive back, and at least knock the ball down.

So on one play the Dolphins were betrayed by a quarterback, who after the game took responsibility for leaving a key pass “short.” And they were betrayed by their most promising wide receiver, because Parker took responsibility for his poor reaction.

Parker, meanwhile, disappeared on that fateful play when he should have been stepping up to save his quarterback. And in a game the Dolphins needed him to play big, he caught one pass for five yards.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:52 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We haven't had a real QB here in like ages so that's the only pass Parker gets. Still, like Tannehill who after all these years remains on the "clock" I guess Parker will follow the same route until he just goes away probably due to salary issues. For now Parker is just one more exhibit of the Tennenbaum draft disaster. What do we have? Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel ho-humms this issue today in his column. Tunsil? Xavier Howard? Parker? Carroo? Where are the building blocks of this franchise he asks. We could have added Ajayi but he's already gone a victim of Gase's arrogance. So we have no backs, no QB, no offensive line, no WRs, and no TE. And a pretty crappy, unimaginative, simpleton offense by the Whisperer.

Other than that, isn't it great to be a UM fan?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

That was a huge play. I felt like had ee scored we would have scored again given we got the ball to start the 2nd half. It killed momentum.
I dont know about bust. Waste is a word that comes to mind. This is a good set of receivers whose talents have been wasted.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

No matter what Parker was double covered. He sucks Moore sucks the whole team sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Remember a month or so ago when I mentioned there was unhappiness with Parker behind closed doors in the building?

Not sure his roster spot is as safe as people think going into 2018. There would definitely be a trade market for him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
Remember a month or so ago when I mentioned there was unhappiness with Parker behind closed doors in the building?

Not sure his roster spot is as safe as people think going into 2018. There would definitely be a trade market for him.

Some rumor suggest Gase loves Ashton Jefferey who will be a FA next year. So yes, why not trade Parker while we can get something out of him. I still think we should trade for Martavis Bryant and resign Jarvis.

In the meantime, bench Parker and start playing Caroo more to see what we have in him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:36 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Grant had an all world preseason and the team ignores him for the "physical tool"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:12 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
So why didn’t Parker jump?

It probably wouldn’t have changed the game. It might not even have changed the second-quarter play, as Parker said when asked, “I don’t know.”

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
Other than that, isn't it great to be a UM fan?

You’re darn right. Looking forward to seeing what this program looks like in 2018 when Rosier is on the bench. It only feels right to back real hometown boys that grew up in the same neighborhoods as myself more than these complacent, out of state millionaire mercenaries we currently have playing for my Dolphins.

It’s easy to shift focus back to the Canes when they’re playing so well and it’s the same old crap of the last TWENTY years with the Fins.

I will be a Dolphin fan till the day I die, but my focus on the team is nowhere near what it was prior to 2015. That 6 win season following the off season that had us bring in Suh and a few other pieces was a major let down and reality check for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Hard to give Parker the bust label with our horrible line, no run game and crippled Cutler or sacked & smashed Moore. When Cutler was healthy and could throw a ball over 10 yards, then Parker was effective. Lots of focus on Ajayi set up some play action too. I don’t like what I see as a lack of effort from Parker though. Apparently he ran the wrong route on an INT yesterday and never fights for the ball these days. He is hurt too often as well. I blame the coaching for a lot of these issues, but he is damaged goods here. Better to trade him. It could help the team and the player going forward

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He was the 14th pick of the draft and this is his 3rd year. The talent is clearly there, but he isn't. At this point I'd have to label him a bust. The 14th pick in the draft should have been a starter in year 1.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

It's everyone else..

Moore sucks!

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]