All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15518
Location: Raleigh, NC
I'm actually a fan of the 3-4 defense, but do we really have the personnel to switch?

Image

https://twitter.com/PhinsiderRadio/stat ... 3770588160

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5846
Location: Wellington, FL
Will that help the pathetic offense, particularly the line?


:fart:

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15518
Location: Raleigh, NC
10acjed wrote:
Will that help the pathetic offense, particularly the line?


:fart:


No, but a better defense will allow room for crappiness on offense.

:haha

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 pm
Posts: 1082
CK is a smart guy and makes a compelling case here. While I would love to see us go to the 3-4, I have questions about whether some of the players can make the transition. Phillips as NT would scare me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8956
UsuallyYou need highbred linebackers and defensive lineman I don’t know if we have the personnel we can’t even find three linebackers back and tackle a cover


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6420
So Charlies Harris, Wake and Fede would move to LB spots I guess in a 3/4, rotate them as outside Line backers.

Suh can take on double teams not sure about Godchaux but do I remember correctly that Suh does not like the 3/4 of course for the money he can learn to love it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 pm
Posts: 1082
Makchell wrote:
UsuallyYou need highbred linebackers and defensive lineman I don’t know if we have the personnel we can’t even find three linebackers back and tackle a cover


With Timmons, McMillian, and Kiko, you'd have your inside LB's set. If, and this a big if, Harris, Wake, and Branch could convert to OLB's, you'd have the rushers, but you would need an OLB for pass coverage, which we do not have. (This is all according to CK)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:55 pm
Posts: 1082
AQNOR wrote:
So Charlies Harris, Wake and Fede would move to LB spots I guess in a 3/4, rotate them as outside Line backers.

Suh can take on double teams not sure about Godchaux but do I remember correctly that Suh does not like the 3/4 of course for the money he can learn to love it.


Suh as one DE, Godchauxas the other. Phillips plays nose.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6420
zatrex99 wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
So Charlies Harris, Wake and Fede would move to LB spots I guess in a 3/4, rotate them as outside Line backers.

Suh can take on double teams not sure about Godchaux but do I remember correctly that Suh does not like the 3/4 of course for the money he can learn to love it.


Suh as one DE, Godchauxas the other. Phillips plays nose.



Yes since someone else had already mentioned Phillips as NT in the thread I decided not to be redundant.

I thought it was obvious that Suh and Godchaux would not play at the NT position or as LB's.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:43 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10401
Location: MA
So we have defenders who can't figure out their assignments and free lance already, now we're going to completely change the scheme?

As Zatrex and Aqnor said, you cannot just trust Phillips to be the nose tackle. He's better this year, but how often is he getting double teamed? Miami would have to go sign a free agent DT and that just isn't possible with the big contracts of Suh, Wake, Branch, Alonso, Jones and McDonald and Timmons.

Best thing to do is spend an early pick on a LB and hope Harris and Godchaux continue to improve. It doesn't show up on the stat sheet, but I read that Harris leads the team in QB hurries. That will hopefully become more sacks next year.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r