All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Just one game? This isn't a Patriot hate comment, but Gronk should have been handed an equal for equal suspension. Since it was flagrant and malicious, Gronk should be suspended as long as it takes Tre'Davious White to get back on the field (at least a 2 game minimum suspension).

Hal Habib wrote:
The NFL announced Monday that Patriots All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski will be suspended without pay for next Monday night’s game against the Dolphins for a hit on Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White on Sunday. That could change if Gronkowski successfully appeals, and ESPN reported he does plan to appeal.

As it stands, the Patriots would get Gronkowski back the following week for their critical AFC matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s possible the schedule could make the Patriots have second thoughts about appealing, should they not want to risk losing Gronkowski for the Pittsburgh game if the case gets bogged down.

“Your actions were not incidental, could have been avoided and placed the opposing player at risk of serious injury,” NFL vice president of football operations Jon Runyan wrote to Gronkowski. “The Competition Committee has clearly expressed its goal of ‘eliminating flagrant hits that have no place in our game.’ Those hits include the play you were involved in yesterday.”

White was lying face-down after he intercepted a Tom Brady pass when Gronkowski dove into him, driving his arm into the back of White’s helmet and causing a concussion.

Gronkowski was penalized for unnecessary roughness and apologized.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... ki-1-game/

Quote:
Bill Belichick apologizes to Sean McDermott for the Gronk hit that gave Tre' White a concussion. Called it bull%^&*.
https://twitter.com/PrescottRossi/statu ... 7477547008

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:56 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Surely you must know by now that the pats have the nfl in their back pocket
and the umps and refs somehow are getting paid off. Isn't it crystal clear by now?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 pm 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

That was a nasty, dirty and vicious hit from behind.

Even Rodney Harrison came out hard against it and Belicheck apologized. White walked off in front of me and he was out on his feet. He looked like me walking back to my apartment in my college days

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I’m sure his backup will destroy our linebackers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:07 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Say, Suh hit Brady on the ground like that. With the same result (an injury).

Lifetime ban!

This is not Donks 1st go around with cheap shots...He has many flags for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:58 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

....watch the evil Patriots line up a tackle eligible throughout the game at TE and still run circles around littl' Kiko for first downs and at least one TD in the red zone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

carreramia wrote:
....watch the evil Patriots line up a tackle eligible throughout the game at TE and still run circles around littl' Kiko for first downs and at least one TD in the red zone.

:haha ... :ohno

When a team can pick up someone on another team's practice squad, start them, and embarrass you ... it's all about the coaching.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It just means Burkhead gets 3 TD’s instead of 2. I am not looking forward to the game. The team finally gets a bunch of national TV appearances and, of course, they look worse than ever. Bellicheat will be pushing hard to humiliate the Phins....just like the last game.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]