All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'll never understand why teams (the Dolphins) think they can change a player who has shown 4 years of character (physicially/emotionally). They all think they can "tap" that talent and make it work. They are who they are.

Quote:
4. Follow the Eddie Moore Rule. Remember Moore, the linebacker the Dolphins picked over Anquan Boldin in 2003 in the second round of the draft? He also was a medical liability. The Dolphins thought his knees would be fine. But players typically are who they are. Dion Jordan had substance-abuse issues. Jonathan Martin had emotional issues. DeVante Parker had injury issues. Jordan Phillips had an inner-motor issue (he came on in the last quarter this past season). Quit assuming people will change. Assume they’re Eddie Moore. His career lasted 18 games. Knees don’t improve.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
I'll never understand why teams (the Dolphins) think they can change a player who has shown 4 years of character (physically/emotionally). They all think they can "tap" that talent and make it work. They are who they are.

Quote:
4. Follow the Eddie Moore Rule. Remember Moore, the linebacker the Dolphins picked over Anquan Boldin in 2003 in the second round of the draft? He also was a medical liability. The Dolphins thought his knees would be fine. But players typically are who they are. Dion Jordan had substance-abuse issues. Jonathan Martin had emotional issues. DeVante Parker had injury issues. Jordan Phillips had an inner-motor issue (he came on in the last quarter this past season). Quit assuming people will change. Assume they’re Eddie Moore. His career lasted 18 games. Knees don’t improve.

I thought it was Moore's talent that was the issue. Did Jordan has substance issues coming out of college?

Most players come with question marks. Even No. 1 overall. Its a weight / balance situation and you have to draft someone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Did Jordan has substance issues coming out of college?

Not sure about substance abuse, although it should have shown up if the proper steps were performed in college. One thing that people complained about is that even though Dion Jordan was athletically gifted, his production in college didn't reflect it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ted Ginn still making plays.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

FINesse wrote:

I'm actually happy for him. Not his fault we over-drafted him. He seems like a classy guy and he contributes wherever he is. Not elite, but a good guy to have on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:23 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
I'm actually happy for him. Not his fault we over-drafted him. He seems like a classy guy and he contributes wherever he is. Not elite, but a good guy to have on the team.

I agree. He got a Dolphin tattoo after he was drafted too. I admire loyalty. Just couldn’t live up. This team has made several worse draft day decisions than Ginn. I don’t believe it gets worse than Dion Jordan.

...RG 3 comes to mind...worst draft trade in NFL history?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:59 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Dion Jordan was the worst draft pick in Dolphin history. They even traded up to pick him. Worse than Yatil Green, Randall Hill and John Avery.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:12 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I agree. I will never understand why we traded Ted Ginn and his family. He was a very viable deep threat. He just wasn't tough as Parcells wanted.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Ginn is inconsistent and Eddie Moore was a wussy. He got knocked out at a club when he was a rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
FINesse wrote:

We have a few of those guys on the team now...As long as they accept their role and don't kill the cap, good guys to have around.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:49 pm 

Kev1321 wrote:
k-dash wrote:
FINesse wrote:

We have a few of those guys on the team now...As long as they accept their role and don't kill the cap, good guys to have around.

Nice to find some common ground, Kev. We agree on something! :yay:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Ginn is inconsistent and Eddie Moore was a wussy. He got knocked out at a club when he was a rookie.

He was sucker punched. ( If memory serves me correct )

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]