All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well deserved. He probably has the best hands in the NFL. Right now it looks like the Dolphins are $3 million apart: Fins offering $11 mil, Landry wants $14 mil.

Hal Habib wrote:
Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry will go to the Pro Bowl after all, marking the third straight year he’ll finish a season in the all-star game.

Landry was named by the NFL on Tuesday to replace injured Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins.

Landry becomes the fourth Dolphins receiver to be named to the Pro Bowl three times and is only the second receiver, along with Mark Clayton, to do it three years in a row.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... -pro-bowl/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I have been saying this for years. I never saw him staying here after his rookie contract. This team’s future is as iffy as any other in the game. He has no incentive to take a cheaper deal to remain with the team. He has the attitude and drive where he will get frustrated with losses and incompetence. He is going to want to play for a contender and play meaningful snaps.

That’s not an indictment on him. Good luck to Jarvis. I wish my team wasn’t run by incompetent suit and ties for the past two decades.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So the 49ers have something silly like $60 million already in cap space. You don't think Landry's agent is looking at Shanahan+Jimmy G+no current weapons and wondering how creative Shanahan could be with Landry?

He's gone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
He's gone.

They may end up tagging him for a year.

It's crazy how they paid crazy money last year for a few average free agents, but you have a bona fide talent here and you're balking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:13 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:
He's gone.

It's crazy how they paid crazy money last year for a few average free agents, but you have a bona fide talent here and you're balking.

Add this to the discussion of internal division on the state of the team. Tannenbaum did not hesitate to point out that while they'd like to retain Landry the salary cap may prevent it. If they tag him it may be to facilitate a trade to a team that will pay him, thus netting better than a comp pick.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:04 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Im thinking he signs. Not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:

That is the only scenario I see playing out that keeps him here. I don’t want to see him in another uniform but $14m is a lot of cash for a slot guy. Jarvis does move the chains though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Landry is gone too. Personally, I don't feel like he'd be worth breaking the bank with the kind of contract he expects. I also don't personally care for his antics, well before the last game and that stupid incident. He has growing up to do as a person in general. However, he did some good things while in Miami and if he is gone, I wish him well.

I can see him catching pass from Garapolo in San Fran or Oakland with Carr.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:58 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Supposed to be a very deep draft for WR. If Landry can get $14+ mil/yr......more power to him, but I don't see it coming from the Phins.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:51 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Further evidence...Salguero put out the hit piece today from his "sources" within the team. Says things we've already hear - can be a pain, doesn't always listen, let's emotions get the best of him etc.

I saw one mention say that Gase's comment about the guys not taking work him was directly attributed to Landry.

Another take, which I agree with, is that the release of this blog was to slander Landry and prepare Miami's fan base for his departure. Landry himself commented on the article via a cryptic tweet by saying he will never stoop that low.

This is getting ugly. If Landry gets the tag it will be because Miami worked out a trade with another team.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

jammer wrote:
Further evidence...Salguero put out the hit piece today from his "sources" within the team. Says things we've already hear - can be a pain, doesn't always listen, let's emotions get the best of him etc.

I saw one mention say that Gase's comment about the guys not taking work him was directly attributed to Landry.

Another take, which I agree with, is that the release of this blog was to slander Landry and prepare Miami's fan base for his departure. Landry himself commented on the article via a cryptic tweet by saying he will never stoop that low.

This is getting ugly. If Landry gets the tag it will be because Miami worked out a trade with another team.

Idk. I think Landry probably is a pain. He probably is all those things Mando says he's been told. He's also the best WR our team has had since.... OJ McDuffy? But...

I used to be dead set against letting him go. Don't lose your best home-grown players, and all. But in this case, I'm starting to waver. I love watching him play, except when I hate watching him do stupid stuff. It seems to me he did a LOT more stupid stuff this year than ever before.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:04 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Landry and his agent fired back today addressing the accusations and calling the process a bit disrespectful.

I really don't like how Miami is handling it if they are leaking for leverage. That is what the Red Sox do up here when they send someone packing to help settle the PR end. It wreaks of bad business.

BUT, Landry made a comment that makes him a bit of a fraud in one regard. He said he sat down with his agent about attending OTAs and minicamp to set aside talk of him not being a leader. *Disclaimer* - I get that he wanted a new contract, felt disrespected that Kiko and Branch got re-upped, and he clearly is the better player. However, you do not huddle up with your agent to discuss how to look like a leader if you really are one.

To me that makes him look like someone who will do what it takes to make the money (which I'm sure many of us would). It also gives fuel to the concern written by Salguero that once Landry is paid, will he no longer listen at all and just do his own thing? That is very valid based on all of the information provided.

Can't say it enough, this will not end well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:43 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

From CBS Sports.......

"Only three players have caught at least 400 passes since 2014 -- Landry, Jones, and Brown -- but Landry is the only one of the three to be averaging around 10 yards per catch (10.1 to be exact). The other two are averaging 15.4 yards per catch (Jones) and 13.5 yards per catch (Brown). Since 2014, among players with at least 16 games played, he ranks 77th in yards per catch............But it all comes down to the cost. It wouldn't be surprising if Landry is hoping to get paid like Davante Adams, who is reportedly getting roughly $14 million a year from the Packers. And if that's the case, the Dolphins are right to be balking. The Dolphins have a ton of holes on their roster, so investing $14 million a year in a solid receiver probably isn't the wisest investment."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jarvis-landry-calls-contract-discussions-with-dolphins-disrespectful/

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]