Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
THEY may have tried to discredit you, discount you, throw dirt on your name...none of it matters now. LEGACIES LAST FOREVER. funny how they were GASsEd over journalistic...look at me now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... -gase/amp/

Yeah. I’d say Gase made the right decision. Ajayi is a self obsessed byotch. He didn’t even make a big impact in the game and he’s yapping on about legacies. You think this makes you look good with your current coaches? This is sad.

For anyone who cares he will be on Kimmel tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:50 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Yeah I am sure his former teammates are worried about what might happen if the get on the coaches bad side...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:21 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Bottom line is, he helped them win a superbowl. His total impact in the actual Superbowl game may not have been significant, besides that one twenty something yard run he had. But he did have several key runs in that game where he broke 3-4 tackles to pick up yards, which is his motto.

As Dolphins fans we can sit back and say he's arrogant or he's whatever, but the reality is, he got traded by a team, then went to the other team and helped them win a superbowl. Period. It's not like he sat on the bench and didn't contribute during the regular season to help them win other games. He was part of that team.

If you're going to say Ajayi didn't help them win it and it's not his legacy, then it isn't Carson Wentz's legacy either. So Wentz don't get to count the superbowl? We going to make them put asterisk beside it?

Let the man enjoy the fact he got traded by a team, went to another one and won it all. He deserves that much.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Yeah I am sure his former teammates are worried about what might happen if the get on the coaches bad side...

You missed the point.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots, you don’t think Gase could have netted a 4th round pick from another team and put Ajayi into an abysmal situation over the 7-2 Eagles? The answer is yes.

My point is he didn’t make any impact plays in the game that people will remember and he is selfishly talking about legacies as if anyone but himself is paying attention. He wasn’t even the most impressive back on his team.

Gase could have done a lot worse with him and he calls him out after the Super Bowl like a scorned female. I couldn’t care less about the trade or how he got there during the Super Bowl and was happy for the kid when they won. This is a different situation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:24 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

....all this proves Ajayi is immature, and gee whiz, who woulda thunk it?! A 24 year old finds himself all of a sudden a budding star, being talked about all over town and league circles, and with lots of money in his pockets....yeah, I guess it's hard to understand how he can become full of himself. Nahhh, seriously, like him there are dozens of similar players in the league, on all the rosters, that have to be coached and allow them to grow out of that immature behavior. Teams in the NFL spend millions on player support, counseling, etc., did our team miss the bus in that department too?

Well, if they didn't know they had an alleged, habitual drug user in the very coaching staff that was supposed to lead these 20 something kids, I'm sure Gase and hierarchy was similarly clueless about how to deal with Ajayi and took the easy way out instead of trying to work with the kid and salvage what could be an asset on a team that has precious little of it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:52 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I think someone's homer Dolphin vision has their minds foggy. Watch the YouTube video, Ajayi made plenty of "impact" plays during the superbolw, you just probably are refusing to remember them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyqpGChPs0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
I think someone's homer Dolphin vision has their minds foggy. Watch the YouTube video, Ajayi made plenty of "impact" plays during the superbolw, you just probably are refusing to remember them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyqpGChPs0

Trust me. I have as little homer vision as any fan you know. I said he wasn’t the best back on his team in that game. He wasn’t. Period. Blount had a TD. Ajayi did not. Blount had the longer run and almost twice as many yards and 7 more carries.

Ajayi totaled 57 yards. Congratulations. I already stated I was happy for him and wanted to see him ball. His petty statement after the game is what got me. Coots. He wasn’t that impressive. The only person wearing those shades are you my man. 57 yards in the SB doesn’t warrant you yapping about your legacy after a TEAM win and throwing shade at your former coach for trading you into that situation.

I’ll say it again. Do you honestly believe Philly was the only team willing to give up a FOURTH round pick for a 24 year old back coming off a season with nearly 1.3k yards, three separate 200 yard performances and 8 TDs? Gase didn’t **** him over like he thinks he did. He could have traded him away to countless other teams that he knew would be far worse off for his career.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I think you're confused again.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I said he wasn’t the best back on his team in that game. He wasn’t. Period. Blount had a TD. Ajayi did not. Blount had the longer run and almost twice as many yards and 7 more carries.

But you did say:

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
[My point is he didn’t make any impact plays in the game that people will remember and he is selfishly talking about legacies as if anyone but himself is paying attention. He wasn’t even the most impressive back on his team.

To which I proved you wrong with the video.

Now, to your other statements. I reckon he has a valid point about his legacy and isn't false in any of his statements. I think you're taking them too personal on behalf of Gase for some odd reason. Gase traded him, to which 90% of fans at the time could not understand why, but a lot of rumors flew out about his knees, his attitude, his frustration with a losing team while he was certainly one of the ones balling on the team. So he got traded, helped them win regular season games, post season games and the super bowl. Period. You brining up the simple facts of 57 yards, no TD's, Blount was better is irrelevant. Ajayi helped the Eagles win superobowl with impact plays as shown in the video. Period. You can label it not "impressive" if you want, that's your opinion and I can respect it, but he was part of the team. Maybe their coach felt the best game plan was to attack the patriots with the 3 headed RB option... and it worked. Ajayi played his role in that just fine.

And to your point about another team could've given the fourth and Gase could've taken it. Obviously nobdoy was willing to give more than a fourth, or we would've gotten more than the fourth for him. It's irrelevant anyway, because we can sit here and play if fishes were wishes we'd all be swimming in riches.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Quote:
THEY may have tried to discredit you, discount you, throw dirt on your name...none of it matters now. LEGACIES LAST FOREVER. funny how they were GASsEd over journalistic...look at me now.

Yeah. I’d say Gase made the right decision. Ajayi is a self obsessed byotch. He didn’t even make a big impact in the game and he’s yapping on about legacies. You think this makes you look good with your current coaches? This is sad.

For anyone who cares he will be on Kimmel tonight.

Sorry, but Gase deserves to have his nose rubbed in it. It was a stupid move. Be a coach.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:44 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:

Sorry, but Gase deserves to have his nose rubbed in it. It was a stupid move. Be a coach.

I thought Gase had issues with Jay last year too and worked through them?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yes he did. He was in the dog house early I think there was even a game where Gase had him not even travel with the team. Then he played him and he ran wild.
But back to topic ... Make no mistake about it Ajayi played a role in the Eagles acheiving this super bowl. Gase gave him away but while Ajayi is laughing now , this team will laugh last.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I didn’t say he could have gotten more than a 4th. I said you are kidding yourself if you believe there weren’t several other teams out there willing to pay the same price. He did Ajayi a favor. I said memorable plays. No one will be talking about Ajayi’s performance in the SB a week from now. Simple as that. Nothing I said was out of context.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Quote:

Though I don't often agree with you, you are correct here. He made a few plays, so what? Desmond Howard made a few in SB 31 and faded away into obscurity.

The truth of the matter is Ajayi was a 5th round pick that turned into a lockeroom cancer, has bad knees that'll kill his career in a year or 2, can't pass block, yada, yada, yada, so we flipped Ajayi for a 4th pick. A win for us. Even if we didn't have Drake, it's a buyers market this year between FA and the draft for RB's.

Your only mistake is believing this guy would find some class after winning the SB. Usually take a humiliating experience to do that if it's even possible. You're talking about a guy that made a few plays, which really mean nothing in the context of that game. I could care less about him. I'm more upset (and this is only a bit) 7-11 plays for NE, and helped win last years SB.

Ajay didn't win that SB, but I am starting to think Bellicheat's ego lost it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:54 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

we can rationalize that dumb-a** move by Gase till the cows come home but the fact is we don't know, out here, what the extent of a "lockeroom cancer" Ajayi was IF he was one to begin with. We also don't know if in fact he was one, how much more of a lousy team we would have. I mean, we are talking degrees here. Without this alleged lockeroom cancer we are a 6-10 team with no relief in sight. With the cancer we would be what? 5-11 and no relief in sight?

Same difference.

And we can also speculate for we don't know the likelihood of his knees giving out. Heck, on totally healthy players with knees rock solid a bad step, an ACL and there goes that. And we know he isn't much of a blocker or receiver but he was the best running back we've had here since.....Ricky Williams?

For all the talk that a team can find a RB in any round, in FA, yada, yada, the fact is we haven't found one until we lucked into Ajayi and I'm including in this assessment Lamar Miller who is that rare young player this organization let go that hasn't actually done anything to make us regret that move. For now, we need to see more of Drake but the fact is we've had the very same same stinking offensive line as Drake played behind when Ajayi ran for 1k yards. When Drake does that we can start to forget Ajayi but for now it is known that a team, this team, needs 2 backs that can produce and with the numerous other needs at every other position RB wouldn't have been one had this arrogant head coach that often acts like he's over his head had not rushed into what can only be called now a likely regrettable decision. Besides the fact that this team lacks talent everywhere, already having a pounder to go to with a scat back like Drake would have been a great combination to have and that would have lessened the wear and tear on Ajayi for those worried about his knees.

I still feel that Ajayi, like any other high maintenance player of which all teams have, had to be coached and worked with by the organization to get his behavior to conform to team objectives. A 24 year old can conform but it takes some work when the potential payback is high which in this case would have been, but we'll never know now. When he throws tantrums, disobeys instructions, talks bad about coaches to other players (ie., whatever a lockeroom cancer is), begin a disciplinary escalation process: fine him, bench him, suspend him, but work with him throughout, salvage what is a talented player on a team that has none.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

zatrex99 wrote:
Desmond Howard made a few in SB 31 and faded away into obscurity.

I’m not willing to go that far and say Ajayi will disappear, I don’t believe you are either, just making a point yourself, but it’s not a good look for him yapping on about personal legacies after he was a role player in the Super Bowl. Nick Foles won MVP and was a major influence in that team winning it all. He thanked no one else but his teammates.

Ajayi carries 9 times for 57 yards and is pounding his chest in all caps on Twitter about his personal legacy. It gives you more insight into why this kid was let go. Get over yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:37 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Legacy is saying I have a Superbowl ring and was part of it.... He should be proud..

Well deserved..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:50 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Ajayi is a self absorbed jerk. He is very talented, but isn't much of a team player. Gase told upper management to trade him, and Grier/Tannenbaum decided to trade him to the best team in the NFL. I think they could have gotten a pick in the same round with a crappier team. So, that 4th round pick becomes the very last pick in the 4th round. I promise you that Belichick would have traded him to the worst team in the league so that Ajayi wouldn't have a big laugh at the Dolphins.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I wonder how big of an extension the Eagles give him... Lord knows a team wouldnt want the key element in their superbowl run to slip away

:haha

Gase trades Jay to Eagles
Eagles beat Patriots in Superbowl

Gase wins
:ann0y:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
I wonder how big of an extension the Eagles give him... Lord knows a team wouldnt want the key element in their superbowl run to slip away.

If they give him one. Everyone knows he only has so many years on those knees, so, he needs the payday. The Eagles had it easy with Ajayi as he had a chip on his shoulder and didn't want to be seen as being the person the Dolphins said he was. I wonder how his attitude will be next year.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
If they give him one. Everyone knows he only has so many years on those knees, so, he needs the payday. The Eagles had it easy with Ajayi as he had a chip on his shoulder and didn't want to be seen as being the person the Dolphins said he was. I wonder how his attitude will be next year.

He seems like an intelligent person. I dont see him being difficult with the coaching staff when asked to share the workload with Blount.

The payday I think will come from a team in need of a RB where he can be the feature guy.. And I hope he gets it.

I am happy for Jay, and I am not hurt by the move the Dolphins made. This team was better running the ball after he was gone, so it sure seems he was part of the problem...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I am happy for Jay, and I am not hurt by the move the Dolphins made. This team was better running the ball after he was gone, so it sure seems he was part of the problem...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:39 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Ajayi is a self absorbed jerk. He is very talented, but isn't much of a team player. Gase told upper management to trade him, and Grier/Tannenbaum decided to trade him to the best team in the NFL. I think they could have gotten a pick in the same round with a crappier team. So, that 4th round pick becomes the very last pick in the 4th round. I promise you that Belichick would have traded him to the worst team in the league so that Ajayi wouldn't have a big laugh at the Dolphins.

My question is why is Miami never on the receiving end of such lopsided trades? Seems like Miami is always on the overpaying side of trades. Like a 5th Rd. pick for a Lbers about to be cut?

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]