All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

This is an confirmed rumor I heard about, but the details make me think it's true. One of those I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy who has a inside source (probably the ball boy.) type rumor. Can't confirm.

When Green Bay placed Aaron Rodgers on IR for the second time this year for the same injury, they violated NFL rules. (I have no idea how this works) Supposedly, it voided Aaron Rodgers contract.

In January, 3 teams contacted GB about acquiring Rodgers because of this strange rule and GB slip up. One offered enough compensation (no idea what it was, just picks and players) for GB to ask Rodgers how he'd feel about being traded to the Dolphins. He was fine with it, but GB changed their mind and promised to extend him.

The same source claims our backup plan is to trade up and draft Josh Rosen in the top 5.

Like I said, these are just rumors in time of the year where rumors thicker than the smog in LA.

I find both incredulous to believe, Gase did say Tannehill is his guy. Even if Mayfield fell to us at 1-11, I don't see us taking him and I'd be rather pissed if we moved up to take Rosen, I felt like I should pass this on. Us taking a qb in the first round should be a smokescreen to get another team to move up so we can move back. Maybe its not.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

zatrex99 wrote:
This is an confirmed rumor I heard about, but the details make me think it's true. One of those I heard from a guy who heard from a guy who heard from a guy who has a inside source (probably the ball boy.) type rumor. Can't confirm.

When Green Bay placed Aaron Rodgers on IR for the second time this year for the same injury, they violated NFL rules. (I have no idea how this works) Supposedly, it voided Aaron Rodgers contract.

In January, 3 teams contacted GB about acquiring Rodgers because of this strange rule and GB slip up. One offered enough compensation (no idea what it was, just picks and players) for GB to ask Rodgers how he'd feel about being traded to the Dolphins. He was fine with it, but GB changed their mind and promised to extend him.

The same source claims our backup plan is to trade up and draft Josh Rosen in the top 5.

Like I said, these are just rumors in time of the year where rumors thicker than the smog in LA.

I find both incredulous to believe, Gase did say Tannehill is his guy. Even if Mayfield fell to us at 1-11, I don't see us taking him and I'd be rather pissed if we moved up to take Rosen, I felt like I should pass this on. Us taking a qb in the first round should be a smokescreen to get another team to move up so we can move back. Maybe its not.
Naww, we'd never bet our future on a QB coming off a serious injury. #wrongone. #shouldatookbrees

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

We have our own qb (who we invested in) coming off of an injury..I see no reason to down grade to Rodgers knowing Thill can win playoff games against the best of them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:32 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Everybody wants to play for the Dolphins. Can you blame them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:17 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I have an incredibly hard time seeing Green Bay trade Aaron Rodgers unless they have a top 5 pick this year. He is that team.

If Miami pulled that deal off, my God it would be insane. I would just hope they wouldn't have to gut the team to do it and leave Rodgers running for his life (like GB did when they gave him crap to work with).

The Rosen thing is not good news. If Miami is trading up that high then go all out to Cleveland for the number 1 pick and get Sam Darnold. That kid has the best skill set, has won big games and appears to have the ability to carry a weaker team.

I'm not buying it though. I wrote up a blog that is being published soon with my prediction that Miami grabs Mike White (probably Round 3) in hopes that he can either take over next year or drive Tannehill to do what Alex Smith did this year.

Other teams are in a better position to trade up and at this rate you might see 4 QBs go in the top 6 after Cousins signs somewhere.

Sorry I've been off the boards, just bought a house and trying to sell mine. Talk about a miserable experience! Should be up and running with draft and off season rumors soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
The Rosen thing is not good news. If Miami is trading up that high then go all out to Cleveland for the number 1 pick and get Sam Darnold. That kid has the best skill set, has won big games and appears to have the ability to carry a weaker team.

I am of the same mindset on this. There is too much to give up on trading up for a QB. If anything has shown us this year is that Ryan Tannehill is not the problem. If the QB the Dolphins want is sitting there at 11 or a couple of spots higher, go after him, but going into the top picks is too expensive unless he is someone like Andrew Luck coming out of college. Then you hope to have a lot of cap room to make up for the missing personnel in free agency to make up for the missing draft picks. We don't have that cap room unfortunately.

This is a good year for quarterbacks in the draft as some good ones are getting pushed down later than usual. Some years you don't have crap. Gase would get some breathing room if the Dolphins draft "his" quarterback and went with Tannehill for a year or two. If Tannehill plays great, then you have a quality trade on your hands.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

There are some very good options on Day 2 who may end up being just as good as anyone in the top 10. I mention Darnold because he really played well in a tough situation. While Rosen did the same in a sense he bring serious injury and attitude questions. Josh Allen is a project and Baker Mayfield, while incredibly intriguing, did play in a very QB friendly system. With the expectations applied to a QB taken that highly I think Darnold is the only one I believe can live up to the hype early.

If I'm Miami I trade back in Round 2, pick up an extra 3rd if possible and spend that on the next Jimmy G, Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson (wide spectrum, I know). I believe that is where the gold is in this draft and to be more blunt I think those guys will push Tannehill to be better in 2018 while challenging for his job in 2019.

If Miami has to trade up then call Cleveland and offer the 11th pick, Tannehill (worth either 1 First or 2 Seconds), and a 3rd in 2019. Cleveland can still land a QB at 4 and a stud defender at 11. But if you do that then Miami has to be prepared to overpay a bridge QB in case Darnold struggles with the NFL speed early.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]