Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:06 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

carreramia wrote:
Rich wrote:
Great trade by Miami! Quinn is a Pro Bowl caliber stud when he is healthy, the blue is moon, hell freezes over and the stars align! Miami would have most likely drafted a punter with each of those picks!

Hey, I would love to share in that there Kool-Aid, but....Miami has a history of getting these guys on their way down but I guess we are due to finally get lucky. And why would the Rams, an up and coming team, on the cusp of playoff contention every year, get rid of this guy for peanuts? Pass rushers are a premium position, second only to QBs.

Those guys out in La-La Land looked awful smart in 2017 and may be playing the Belicheat game, moving guys when they become too expensive for their declining production.

But no problem. The Dolphins have become the "Mikey" of the NFL.

Stop being negative. This guy had 19 sacks half a decade ago and was a really likeable guy in high school. Superbowl here we come.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Spotrac

@spotrac
Most 2018 Cap $ Allocated to the Defensive Line
#Jaguars: #58.3M#
Eagles: $56.9M#
Dolphins: $51.5M#
Giants: $47.5M#
Cowboys: $37.8M
http://bit.ly/2I6O8aF

3:47 PM - Mar 7, 2018

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:58 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
carreramia wrote:
Rich wrote:
Great trade by Miami! Quinn is a Pro Bowl caliber stud when he is healthy, the blue is moon, hell freezes over and the stars align! Miami would have most likely drafted a punter with each of those picks!

Stop being negative. This guy had 19 sacks half a decade ago and was a really likeable guy in high school. Superbowl here we come.

One person's negative is another's delusional....although I get your tongue in cheek....hope it lasts.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:57 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I really like this trade, and I think it was a smart one.

Barry Jackson wrote:
[DC Jeff Burke] said GM Chris Grier and coach Adam Gase called him when the opportunity arose to trade for Robert Quinn from the Rams, and Burke thought it was a joke.

“Just watch him, just make sure,” Burke was told.

So Burke and Kocurek watched five or six games of Quinn's tape and “I said my answer is still 100 percent yes. Even going back to when he came out the draft, when I was in Detroit, he was a really good scheme fit for what we’re trying to do. He has rare ability to bend. It’s kind of freaky to watch sometimes, going through drill work. He’s one of the loosest, bendy athletes I’ve ever been around at the end position.

“He battled through injuries the last couple year but [in 2013] had 19 sacks in a season. He’s been great, been good worker, doesn’t say much, quiet guy, comes to work every day with a smile on his face. I know he feels comfortable being in a scheme that fits his skill set. I think that position is going to be an area of strength for us.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

High praise from TJ McDonald. We've been trying to get a "game changer" on the other side of Cam Wake by way of the draft and free agency and have been striking out so far.

Barry Jackson wrote:
McDonald was “excited” when the Dolphins traded for defensive end Robert Quinn, his former teammates with the Rams: “Robert is a game changer.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:14 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I thought we might be getting a game changer when we got TJ. I hope the coaches figure out how to get the most out of these guys.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2