All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Keep in mind that it really takes 3 years to fully evaluate a draft. To me, the only starters that we had from this draft after only one year of evaluation are LB Raekwon McMillan and DT Davon Godchaux. CB Tankersley could end up being a very nice signing, but he was overwhelmed at times last year and needed more work as he repeated mistakes (I do love his skillset). DE Charles Harris can be a 3 down player, and he did show to be someone who can disrupt plays on passing downs even though he didn't come up with a lot of sacks. I'm still hoping to see him step up his game this year. He gives the Dolphins the ability to do different things with him as he can rush the passer, drop back in coverage (I do hate seeing DEs doing that during passing downs ... maybe I'm just freakin' old school), and he's a good tackler. In his second year I would have thrown him out there as a starter and made him sink or swim, but we added more DE's to the mix. Perhaps we did that eyeing the end of CamWake. He is affordable and a fan favorite, but he is doing things right now that 36 year old defensive ends just can't do. He will be on the Ring of Honor once he retires.

Quote:
Miami Dolphins

Post-draft grade: C+

This offseason has been filled with roster changes in Miami -- Ndamukong Suh, Mike Pouncey, Jay Cutler, Jarvis Landry and Julius Thomas are among the veterans out as the Dolphins try to get younger (and cheaper). But are they better? I don't think so. This is a 6-10 team with holes and question marks at several positions, including quarterback, where Ryan Tannehill missed all of 2017 with a knee injury. And the 2017 draft class didn't bring many clear answers.

Charles Harris played a situational pass-rusher role as a rookie, chipping in two sacks. I thought the first-round pick would be a better fit as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, and I don't see an immediate path to more playing time in 2018 as he sits behind Robert Quinn, Cameron Wake and Andre Branch on the depth chart. I like Raekwon McMillan, and he was in line to start at linebacker before tearing his ACL in the preseason. Cornerback Cordrea Tankersley broke up seven passes in 11 games -- all starts -- but was limited by shoulder and ankle injuries. Davon Godchaux is in line to replace Suh in the middle of the defense, and he had 40 tackles and a forced fumble last season. Undrafted linebacker Chase Allen ended up starting four games due to injuries.

The emergence of Tankersley and Godchaux as useful pieces keeps this grade the same as last year.

New grade: C+

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insid ... alysis#MIA

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]