The Dolphins will probably draft a RB later in the draft, but if someone on their BPA list is sitting there in the 2nd round, they may grab one. I love Sony Michel as he does it all. With 44 running backs going on IR last year, maybe we should have another good young back.
Joe Schad wrote:
The Dolphins hold the 42nd overall pick in the next NFL draft and it would appear at least a few really talented running backs should be available to choose from in that spot. In fact, right now the Daily Dolphin projects the Dolphins to take one of these players in the second round:http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... 2nd-round/
* Sony Michel, Georgia, 5-foot-11, 220 pounds — The Plantation, FL, native, is strong, quick and has good vision. Has been compared to former Miami Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno. Michael can run, catch and block.
* Ronald Jones, USC, 6-foot, 185 pounds — Electric speed. Protects the football. Willing blocker. Slasher who has been compared to Jamaal Charles. Elite play-making ability. Has improved as a receiver.
* Nick Chubb, Georgia, 5-foot-11, 228 pounds —Some will have concerns about a serious knee injury sustained in college. But Chubb is a powerful runner with good agility and reliable hands. He’s been compared to Jonathan Stewart.
* Rashaad Penny, San Diego State, 5-foot-11, 220 pounds — Penny led the nation in rushing with 2,248 rushing yards. Penny is a patient running back who sets up his blocks. Is also a very dangerous kickoff returner, which Miami may need.
* Kerryon Johnson, Auburn, 6-foot, 212 pounds — Burst. Acceleration. Nimble and tough. Can be a weapon on the screen game. His running style has been compared to Le’Veon Bell and overall he’s been compared to Tevin Coleman.