Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Luke Falk..
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:43 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Am I the only one who really wants the Dolphins to snag him in the 4th? You guys think he will even be there by #123?

I know he wasn't making those big time throws into tight windows this last season but every year before that he was and maybe he just needs a bit of fine tuning from Gase as well as a year or two to learn and be properly groomed to help him build his confidence back to where he doesn't shy away from those throws cause he can make them.

I think this kid could be an absolute steal if he falls to the Dolphins.

Post subject: Re: Luke Falk..
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:48 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I am really agree with you, I want Falk too

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

OverTheTannehill wrote:
Am I the only one who really wants the Dolphins to snag him in the 4th? You guys think he will even be there by #123?

I know he wasn't making those big time throws into tight windows this last season but every year before that he was and maybe he just needs a bit of fine tuning from Gase as well as a year or two to learn and be properly groomed to help him build his confidence back to where he doesn't shy away from those throws cause he can make them.

I think this kid could be an absolute steal if he falls to the Dolphins.

I think Falk will be that winner in the NFL who teams passed on early. He has the moxie and that deadly quick release.

Why did he fall? Arm strength is average, but can still make the throws. Has a concussion history, and played with a broken left hand last year (hence numbers going down). Not very mobile. Played in a simple read system.

However, he hits big time throws in the Red Zone and is a big time locker room leader.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:13 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Wow, one more pick to go, and he might be there at 123. I didn't expect that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Still there for 129

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Problem is, we still have not helped our woeful O line....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:53 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Phinished wrote:

I'm beginning to sense a theme in your posts...

:fart:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:57 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

k-dash wrote:
Phinished wrote:

I'm beginning to sense a theme in your posts...

:fart:

Yes...we have an :OMG awful line, but we don’t address it once with our first 5 picks! :hithead:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 pm 

You could make a pretty good argument that picking Smythe was in fact addressing the O-line. He's strictly an in-line guy and from what I read a darn good one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:40 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

k-dash wrote:
You could make a pretty good argument that picking Smythe was in fact addressing the O-line. He's strictly an in-line guy and from what I read a darn good one.

I wrote something similar in another thread, but really....we needed a top interior lineman. I suppose the Phins will,be picking through other teams garbage at cut time this year hoping to find a lineman, or two

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:43 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
k-dash wrote:

I wrote something similar in another thread, but really....we needed a top interior lineman. I suppose the Phins will,be picking through other teams garbage at cut time this year hoping to find a lineman, or two

And, of course, the Lions and PATricia get the best OL vale with OT Crosby....guy got a 2nd round grade.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:46 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Well...we don’t pick again till deep in the 6th...so no Falk’ing chance....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:57 pm 

Sitton is old, but still a very good player, right? I agree we need help there, don't get me wrong. I just think Sitton and Kilgore were very good additions.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

k-dash wrote:
Sitton is old, but still a very good player, right? I agree we need help there, don't get me wrong. I just think Sitton and Kilgore were very good additions.

We will see....but there were a lot of quality bodies we could have added in round 4 for the line. Maybe our linemen will be more durable this year, but the last few years we went through them like toilet paper.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:16 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Obviously we aren’t getting a real QB prospect this year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:17 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:

The o line is fine this year. Sitton is a huge upgrade and Kilgore will be fine replacing Pouncey. Jesse Davis was a pleasant surprise and Miami resigned Sam Young.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

bobby0112 wrote:
k-dash wrote:

The o line is fine this year. Sitton is a huge upgrade and Kilgore will be fine replacing Pouncey. Jesse Davis was a pleasant surprise and Miami resigned Sam Young.

I sure hope so, but it seems we have said something like that before a couple times, only to end up with the line dragging the whole team down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Cowboys took White....gonna have to move up to grab Falk....won’t happen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:52 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Titans

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:56 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
Titans

Yep, Titans took Falk with pick 199, in the 6th round. Isn't that the same slot where Tom Brady was drafted?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:01 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I believe it’s close to Tom Brady’s draft slot. That’s gonna make Luke the next goat cause 6th rd qb always turn out to be stars. I can name.....1.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:07 pm 

This from Matthew Cannata via Twitter:

Quote:
When the draft is done, we will hear people who complain about the Dolphins not getting a QB early.

Fact is, they would’ve been reaching the entire time if they stayed put.

Lauletta? He wasn’t getting to Miami in 4. Patriots likely were taking him if Giants didn’t trade up.

The Dolphins did not reach for a quarterback and they should be commended for this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
I believe it’s close to Tom Brady’s draft slot. That’s gonna make Luke the next goat cause 6th rd qb always turn out to be stars. I can name.....1.

:haha

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:32 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
This from Matthew Cannata via Twitter:

Quote:
When the draft is done, we will hear people who complain about the Dolphins not getting a QB early.

Lauletta? He wasn’t getting to Miami in 4. Patriots likely were taking him if Giants didn’t trade up.

The Dolphins did not reach for a quarterback and they should be commended for this.

I think you commend the Dolphins for not reaching for a QB, but you can also criticize them for not drafting one. They should have drafted one.

Now that the Draft is just about over, how does it feel that we all wasted a lot of thought and a lot of energy learning about all of these quarterbacks who are now with other teams?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:37 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Big Dave wrote:

I think you commend the Dolphins for not reaching for a QB, but you can also criticize them for not drafting one. They should have drafted one.

?

I agree. They must not have liked Falk at all, because we would not have had to give up much to move up to the top of the 6th round to get him. Our 6th and 7th round picks are longshots to even make the team (other than perhaps a kicker).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:11 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The steal of last year's draft..Asiata is coming on strong.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:10 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phinished wrote:

Yeah, to me this sounds like 2018 is going to be a tank job.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:22 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kev1321 wrote:

...and that is too bad. He was considered a top pick at his position. Do we have an O line coaching issue, or just better scouting for linemen?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

DevilInPgh wrote:
Phinished wrote:

Yeah, to me this sounds like 2018 is going to be a tank job.

No, just mediocrity. Too bad the rest of the division isn’t waiting for us to catch up. The Bills drafted well. Maybe it won’t be the Pats on top this year?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:44 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

So our Donkeys in the FO lets us down again. Surprised? Not me. What they've done is exactly the meaning of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. They have drafted for need every year and we have nothing, zero, nada, on the roster that can win a game. Welcome to our annual downer. I already forgot who we took in the first round, but imagine had they smartly traded down and position themselves with extra picks and come out with Lamar Jackson? We, at least some of us, would be ecstatic. Congrats to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens, we'll be looking at that for years as a reflection of a Dolphins hierarchy's inability to be flexible, creative.

For the sake of everyone here I sure hope Tannehill remains healthy for if he doesn't, oh boy, welcome to Cutler Part Two, another lousy, terrible, incompetent year.

And are they tanking? No, not exactly. Tanking implies a conscious effort. For these Dolphins, for this front office, it is a way of life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:59 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:

Oh yea, I forgot about him being on the team. Maybe he will play this yr.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Thought about it last night and the Dolphins doing heavy homework on Falk and Benkert was basically to see if either was a better version of Fales and Osweiler. Falk and Fales have very similar games - average arm, very accurate, cerebral - as do Osweiler and Benkert - strong arm, mobile, inconsistent.

My guess is after all the assessment they concluded it was a lateral move or going backwards.

I am really disappointed they didn't take a QB.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:55 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:

I truly do not get this. Russell Wilson had a 2nd or third round grade on him. So if I drafted him in the first round, that's a reach? If I truly thought Luke Falk was a guy I could sit for a year and then develop into a guy that could seriously challenge Tannehill for the starting job, I shouldn't move up from the 4th to the late third to snatch him? This makes no sense.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:02 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:
I already forgot who we took in the first round, but imagine had they smartly traded down and position themselves with extra picks and come out with Lamar Jackson? We, at least some of us, would be ecstatic. Congrats to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens, we'll be looking at that for years as a reflection of a Dolphins hierarchy's inability to be flexible, creative.

They drafted the defensive equivalent of a qb, a guy I think will be the next Ed Reed vs the next RG3.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:43 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

apatos13 wrote:
carreramia wrote:
I already forgot who we took in the first round, but imagine had they smartly traded down and position themselves with extra picks and come out with Lamar Jackson? We, at least some of us, would be ecstatic. Congrats to Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens, we'll be looking at that for years as a reflection of a Dolphins hierarchy's inability to be flexible, creative.

They drafted the defensive equivalent of a qb, a guy I think will be the next Ed Reed vs the next RG3.

Yeah, the Dolphins and 30 other franchises stink at QB evaluation. Not sure why the Chargers, Saints, Bengals and Steelers passed when they needed a new QB.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

yeah, but....(assorted quotes from those that live and breathe it)

- Mike Lombardi, the former NFL exec, rates Lamar Jackson as the third-best offensive prospect behind guard Quenton Nelson and running back Saquon Barkley. That’s right. Jackson is his top-rated quarterback.

- That’s one guy I really am intrigued with because he can spin it and he’s been in a pro-style offense and he’s been hard-coached by Petrine, said former Arizona coach Bruce Arians... he just brings that unique ability to break the game open with his legs.

- The guy I'm most excited about is Lamar Jackson,’ NFL Network draftnik Mike Mayock said. He's the most exciting athlete in the draft. I think somebody in the first round is going to make a philosophical and schematic commitment to this kid and change what they do offensively. And it might not be this year where he makes a significant move, but I think long term, I can't wait to see what Lamar Jackson becomes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:02 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

jammer wrote:
Yeah, the Dolphins and 30 other franchises stink at QB evaluation. Not sure why the Chargers, Saints, Bengals and Steelers passed when they needed a new QB.

None of those teams have had 6 years of Ryan Tannehill at QB and a big fat 0 to show for it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

apatos13 wrote:

Hey, I hope you are right, but right now I read that he is neither a safety or a cover corner....and we are gonna trust THIS coaching staff to figure it out?

I found this future quote from Matt Burke dated October 2018 when asked about where is Fitz: "We are working him in during practice and he's doing great! He's gonna be one of the good ones I tell you but right now he still has some work to do to catch up. We have him working at safety, corner, maybe next we'll try him at WR. He kills us on the bubble screens during the week! Remember, he was playing on a star studded defense that played maybe one, two real offenses, but now everyone in the NFL is not Louisiana Tech".

(With all apologies to LouTech fans).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:58 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
The guy I'm most excited about is Lamar Jackson,’ NFL Network draftnik Mike Mayock said. He's the most exciting athlete in the draft. I think somebody in the first round is going to make a philosophical and schematic commitment to this kid and change what they do offensively. And it might not be this year where he makes a significant move, but I think long term, I can't wait to see what Lamar Jackson becomes

Exactly my point. He is an athlete who can possibly be groomed into a starting QB. Drafting that at 11 over a guy who can change the defense wouldn't be smart. I can answer Lombardi and Mayock with a dozen other experts who think the exact opposite.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
jammer wrote:

None of those teams have had 6 years of Ryan Tannehill at QB and a big fat 0 to show for it.

What exactly do the Bengals have in Dalton and what has he produced for them? Why wouldn't the Saints, Chargers and Steelers want continued success when their guy retires in 2 years?

If your argument was about the top 4 QBs and making a big change to acquire one of them then I'd say you have a point. I think you'd have an even bigger point if you called them dumb for not going after one of Rudolph, Lauletta, White or Falk to at least attempt to get that diamond in the rough.

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next