All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Fire Tannenbaum first, then hire a GM who has power to make the proper changes. After that, Ross gets the heck out of the way.

PFT wrote:
Per a league source, Vikings assistant G.M. George Paton and Bills assistant G.M. Joe Schoen are among those who could be interviewed for a position in Miami, possibly for the same title Tannenbaum holds. But if Miami isn’t able to offer a new employee control over the football operation, the Vikings and Bills (and any other team with a current front-office employee under contract) would be able to block the process.

That’s why the Dolphins need to wrest power from Gase, either voluntarily or involuntarily, if the goal is to hire a high-level executive from another NFL franchise. And that gives Gase plenty of leverage over the team, since Gase sacrificing his say becomes the key both to keeping him and to adding a high-end candidate, regardless of whether the title is G.M. or V.P. of football operations.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nt-office/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I do not understand why we need someone to take Tannebaum's place. I'm hoping Buffalo wins big tmw and maybe that will force Ross to can Gase too. I've been against the hiring of Tannebaum from the get-go, but if Gase has the final say on the roster, he needs to go too. His game day decisions suck, his calling draws on 3rd and 10, his total ignorance when it comes to the OL, the fact he's supposed to be an offensive genius, but our offense is still ranked in the bottom quarter of the NFL after all the time he's been here.....it all adds up to total failure on his part. We need a coach that understands winning the battles in the trenches. You win those battles, it opens everything else up. That's why Shula was such a good coach, because he understood the importance of having good offensive lines. Miami was always in the mix come playoff time under Shula, because of that.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]