All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:39 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Weve failed because of Ross's choices. Now, he has big decisions to make. He needs to hire a football czar and step out of the way.

Dave Hyde wrote:
The easy part is firing Mike Tannenbaum, the vice president of football operations who hasn’t improved anything in four years. That’s coming. It’s also easy to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

But what? Does Steve Ross replace Tannenbaum? Does he just promote general manager Chris Grier and coach Adam Gase? Does he hire a football czar who is forced to keep Grier and Gase?

Does he hire New England’s assistant general manager, Nick Caserio, who he interviewed a few years ago, in another regime change? Would he trade for Baltimore coach John Harbaugh, who reportedly won’t sign an offered extension for a contract that runs out in 2019?

Here’s the real question: Does Ross understand why he’s failed for a decade as Dolphins owner?
Hyde5: What Sunday means for Dolphins draft order

The most important person in the franchise is the guy who develops a comprehensive plan and picks the players. That’s the power. That job — half of which is finding a quarterback — is the one Ross should concentrate on.

If getting the best person for that role means saying goodbye to Grier and Gase, so be it. Grier’s drafts haven’t been anything special. Gase hasn’t shown anything special, from awful offenses to questionable assistant hires.

This decision must be right, you see, if the Dolphins are to make the right decision on the quarterback options like possibly Murray next year or Tagovailoa in 2020.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I don't like boss Ross as an owner and sadly I don't expect him to make good decisions. I hope he proves me wrong.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]