View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Who had the Bigger offseason??? 

Who had the bigger offseason??
Poll ended at Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:39 pm
Dolphins 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Heat 74%  74%  [ 14 ]
Panthers (joke) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Marlins (mid-season, but they are getting a new stadium) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 19

 Who had the Bigger offseason??? 
Author Message
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 547
Post Who had the Bigger offseason???
Just thought I'd throw this question out there........

The Heat acquired LeBron just hours ago, plus recommitted Wade with Bosh joining the mix. Espn predicts 66-16, and the no. 1 seed, with a 35.2 percent odd of winning the championship.

A few predictions for the Dolphins this season
Place they’ll finish in AFC East: 2nd
Place they’ll finish in AFC Conference: 5th
Over/Under Season Wins Prediction: Over 9.5 Wins
(this was recent off capperspick.com and seems fairly accurate and recent)
Offseason acquisitions: Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Richie Incognito

Panthers signed Chris Higgins to be a second line forward for a one-year deal.
This is just for the object of putting them on the option

Marlins- well, the name change and the new stadium is about all I was offering here as well

So which Miami team had a better offseason? Dolphins or Heat? and Why?


Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 547
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
for my own reply, I think the Heat did. They just pulled a NYJ move, and bought themselves the 3 best players on the market. Regardless, 2 different sports, and obviously there are less pieces to the puzzle in a BBall team than a football team. Curious now though, will the Dolphins still be the team of the town still now that King James and co. are taking over? I wouldnt know, I live in Jersey so maybe some day soon when I move down there I'll be able to tell first hand. Otherwise, its still been a good summer down on South Beach so far.


Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3702
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Whay the Heat did was basically a joke & will forever change the course of the NBA. You will now have teams throwing away seasons as soon as they figure out on a calendar when the next big crop of free agents comes due.
This was clearly a case of collusion between these players with Pat Rileys finger prints all over it.
Guys like Russell , Bryant & Jordan clearly have cemented themselves in NBA history because of the rings they have won. These guys no matter how many they win will never be regarded as those guys because of the circumstances on which this team was put together. Nor will these Heat teams go down as one of the greatest in history because of those same circumstances.
I love how the Cavs owner came out with his statements. He gave Lebron a supporting cast as he wished , making moves every year but in the end Lebron turned his back to go with more of a sure & EASIER thing.
These guys will soon find out that its not all cracked up as it appears in South Beach ... its artificial , superficial & materialistic but for a guy who said he was gonna do what was best for his kids & then stays away from them & a guy whose nickname is king they fit right in.
I would love to see this thing fail & watch the finger pointing.
So much for dafting well , just let other teams do that & then purchase those players when their contracts expire. Now I know baseball is a bit like that but you are talking 9 guys playing on a much larger roster. Here you have 5 playing on a 12 man roster.
Now the NBA truly has a team that money has bought ... yes I know there is a cap but this thing was thought out way in advance.
Already talk on local radio here that Lebron has a chance to become the most beloved sports personality in Florida if he wins replacing Marino ... how does that make guys on this board feel?

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 561
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
FINesse wrote:
Whay the Heat did was basically a joke & will forever change the course of the NBA. You will now have teams throwing away seasons as soon as they figure out on a calendar when the next big crop of free agents comes due.
This was clearly a case of collusion between these players with Pat Rileys finger prints all over it.
Guys like Russell , Bryant & Jordan clearly have cemented themselves in NBA history because of the rings they have won. These guys no matter how many they win will never be regarded as those guys because of the circumstances on which this team was put together. Nor will these Heat teams go down as one of the greatest in history because of those same circumstances.
I love how the Cavs owner came out with his statements. He gave Lebron a supporting cast as he wished , making moves every year but in the end Lebron turned his back to go with more of a sure & EASIER thing.
These guys will soon find out that its not all cracked up as it appears in South Beach ... its artificial , superficial & materialistic but for a guy who said he was gonna do what was best for his kids & then stays away from them & a guy whose nickname is king they fit right in.
I would love to see this thing fail & watch the finger pointing.
So much for dafting well , just let other teams do that & then purchase those players when their contracts expire. Now I know baseball is a bit like that but you are talking 9 guys playing on a much larger roster. Here you have 5 playing on a 12 man roster.
Now the NBA truly has a team that money has bought ... yes I know there is a cap but this thing was thought out way in advance.
Already talk on local radio here that Lebron has a chance to become the most beloved sports personality in Florida if he wins replacing Marino ... how does that make guys on this board feel?
I wonder if there are any rules in the NBA against this sort of thing like tampering or maybe Donaghy was right when he said that the league has some fixes in it.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:58 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
FINesse, if people really feel that LeBron will over take Marino in that city, then they are completely wrong. He won't even over take Wade. Wade is not only the 2nd best player in the NBA, but has the heart of a champion and LeBron has not shown me that he has that same spirit. Give me Wade over James any day of the week.


Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3840
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Phins Rock wrote:
FINesse, if people really feel that LeBron will over take Marino in that city, then they are completely wrong. He won't even over take Wade. Wade is not only the 2nd best player in the NBA, but has the heart of a champion and LeBron has not shown me that he has that same spirit. Give me Wade over James any day of the week.


Lebron > Wade


Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
FINesse, if people really feel that LeBron will over take Marino in that city, then they are completely wrong. He won't even over take Wade. Wade is not only the 2nd best player in the NBA, but has the heart of a champion and LeBron has not shown me that he has that same spirit. Give me Wade over James any day of the week.


Lebron > Wade


Wade = 1 championship, 1 Finals MVP, 35 ppg 8 boards and 3 steals per in what is regarded as the greatest finals performance of all time.

LeBron = 0 championships, 0 Finals MVPs, 22 ppg 7 boards in the Finals. This past year he chocked and gave up on his team against Boston in the playoffs.

Wade is a Champion. LeBron is not. To me, that's the end of the discussion.


Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:55 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Wade is a Champ. No denying that. I don't see what the big deal is.. these guys came into the league together. Makes sense they would be FA's together. Also makes sense they would want to play together. They are taking less money to do so. They are sacrificing egos. Taking paycuts for the team. They could have gone where the money was. But, they went where they thought the Championship is.. I don't see the big deal.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:12 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 pm
Posts: 359
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
FINesse wrote:
Already talk on local radio here that Lebron has a chance to become the most beloved sports personality in Florida if he wins replacing Marino ... how does that make guys on this board feel?


That will never happen. The only basketball player that has a chance at passing Marino as Florida's favorite athlete is Wade. No matter how many championships the Heat win now Wade will still be the guy in South Beach. Lebron's more of a commodity at this point, especially since the whole country besides for Fl hates him now.

_________________
305sportsblog.blogspot.com

Image


Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Phins Rock wrote:
FINesse, if people really feel that LeBron will over take Marino in that city, then they are completely wrong. He won't even over take Wade. Wade is not only the 2nd best player in the NBA, but has the heart of a champion and LeBron has not shown me that he has that same spirit. Give me Wade over James any day of the week.



The hype around LeBron down here is like nothing I've ever heard before. Overtaking Marino? I highly doubt that. Overtaking Wade? Very possible, especially with Wade's injury history and LeBron's theatrics.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3702
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
You have to remember where you are talking about. South Florida , terrible sports town ... where the average sports fan is as knowledgable as an eggplant.

People compute rings with success therfore lebron & Wade can easily overtake Marino.

BTW - ESPN reported that there was so called free agent summit with these 3 guys before July 1st in Akron. They had it planned then. They all just duped the other teams & now have made them look stupid , especially Cleveland.

Tell Lebron the arena is not in South Beach .... but then again Riley & Aronson just might re work the wording on another ballot to build one with Lebrons name there.

Boy will this be great if they go ringless. And Lebron & Bosh ... could not get it done on their own.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:32 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8949
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
This Heat team won't survive more than 3 years before they gut at least one member of the big Three. I don't see them paying the luxury tax each season for the next five years. I also don't see them being a lock for an NBA title either.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 892
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
I don't like the Heat and I really can't stand Queen James...but I had to vote for the Heat.

However, I will go out on a big limb and say that the Dolphins will win a title before the Heat do.

BTW, Little Game James and Dan The Man should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Dan was the greatest of all time at his position, a class act, and one of the best clutch performers in the history of the league. The Queen stabbed his own hometown in the back after repeatedly coming up short. He will NEVER replace Marino!


Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 16
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
The heat have had the more hyped offseason, but i think the dolphins have better improved their roster in a quiet way.

The heat now have only 4 players under contract- the rest of that team is going to be pure scrubs. And if any of the "big three" go down, their season is over.

All I have to say is that as a lifelong Laker fan I am not worried. Kobe is better than, and can guard D-Wade, Pau and Bynum are both better than Bosh, and Artest should be able to at least slow down Lebrick. The heat don't currently have the personnel to match up with Kobe, Artest, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, or even Pierce, Allen, and Garnett or Rose, Boozer, and Noah.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
UCLAphinFan wrote:
The heat have had the more hyped offseason, but i think the dolphins have better improved their roster in a quiet way.

The heat now have only 4 players under contract- the rest of that team is going to be pure scrubs. And if any of the "big three" go down, their season is over.

All I have to say is that as a lifelong Laker fan I am not worried. Kobe is better than, and can guard D-Wade, Pau and Bynum are both better than Bosh, and Artest should be able to at least slow down Lebrick. The heat don't currently have the personnel to match up with Kobe, Artest, Pau, Bynum, and Odom, or even Pierce, Allen, and Garnett or Rose, Boozer, and Noah.


It looks like our starting 5 will be Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Miller and Fisher. We also have Chalmers under contract and I think that 6 is the best 6 in the NBA. People tend to forget how good Lebron and Wade are on defense as well. Everyone is in denial about this team just as they were in denial that Lebron would join the Heat.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 9:18 pm
Posts: 16
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
You guys aren't getting Fisher. And Kobe is a first team all league defender while Artest is former defensive player of the year. Bynum's not bad either. I would love to see Miami vs. LA in the finals but sadly I do not think that the heat and Lebrick will make it there.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 149
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
UCLAphinFan wrote:
You guys aren't getting Fisher. And Kobe is a first team all league defender while Artest is former defensive player of the year. Bynum's not bad either. I would love to see Miami vs. LA in the finals but sadly I do not think that the heat and Lebrick will make it there.


Ultimately, I don't see Fisher signing with the Heat. However, he's had a few days to sign with the Lakers and remains a free agent, so who knows? LA has just as much a chance of missing the Finals as the Heat do.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
oldgreg07 wrote:
UCLAphinFan wrote:
You guys aren't getting Fisher. And Kobe is a first team all league defender while Artest is former defensive player of the year. Bynum's not bad either. I would love to see Miami vs. LA in the finals but sadly I do not think that the heat and Lebrick will make it there.


Ultimately, I don't see Fisher signing with the Heat. However, he's had a few days to sign with the Lakers and remains a free agent, so who knows? LA has just as much a chance of missing the Finals as the Heat do.


Fish won't get more money in Miami than in LA. That said he wants to stay in Los Angeles for many reasons other than basketball. He'll re-sign with the Lakers.

I still don't think that the Heat have a chance against LA on the glass. The Lakers have two 7-foot beasts in the middle in Pau and Bynum, and then you bring in the best rebounding forward in the NBA in Lamar Odom, and it's just impossible to match-up with.

The Lakers were as good as they were this season with Kobe having tons of injuries and Bynum hobbling on one leg. LA is still the best team in the NBA and the defending champs. They have the best player in the game, the best big man in the game, the most length, best coach, best leader (Fish), best ownership, best on-ball defender, and the most complete roster in the game.

I don't see Miami getting by Orlando, but even if they do, IMO, they don't stand a chance against the Lakers.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Posts: 149
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Phins Rock wrote:
oldgreg07 wrote:
UCLAphinFan wrote:
You guys aren't getting Fisher. And Kobe is a first team all league defender while Artest is former defensive player of the year. Bynum's not bad either. I would love to see Miami vs. LA in the finals but sadly I do not think that the heat and Lebrick will make it there.


Ultimately, I don't see Fisher signing with the Heat. However, he's had a few days to sign with the Lakers and remains a free agent, so who knows? LA has just as much a chance of missing the Finals as the Heat do.


Fish won't get more money in Miami than in LA. That said he wants to stay in Los Angeles for many reasons other than basketball. He'll re-sign with the Lakers.

I still don't think that the Heat have a chance against LA on the glass. The Lakers have two 7-foot beasts in the middle in Pau and Bynum, and then you bring in the best rebounding forward in the NBA in Lamar Odom, and it's just impossible to match-up with.

The Lakers were as good as they were this season with Kobe having tons of injuries and Bynum hobbling on one leg. LA is still the best team in the NBA and the defending champs. They have the best player in the game, the best big man in the game, the most length, best coach, best leader (Fish), best ownership, best on-ball defender, and the most complete roster in the game.

I don't see Miami getting by Orlando, but even if they do, IMO, they don't stand a chance against the Lakers.


Never say never. The Lakers are definitely the team to beat, but anything can happen in a 7 game series.


Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Who had the Bigger offseason???
Sounds like the same odds they're giving the Jets right now to win the Super Bowl.

I believe the Heat will win just as much as I believe the Jets will win.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finster, Google [Bot], swerve13 and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.