All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Strangely enough, this was actually written on Oct. 12, 2017. By all accounts, he is looking good in camp.

Quote:
7 underappreciated prospects who will make big impact in NFL
Chad Reuter
7. Jalen Davis, CB, Utah State

2017 stats: 11 solo tackles (2 sacks), 5 INTs (3 returned for TDs), 1 forced fumble.
Davis is blowing up this year, but if no one's watching the Aggies, is there a sound? Scouts think so. I loved Davis' game coming into the year, and now he's tied for the FBS lead with 5 interceptions, returning 3 to the house, in 6 games. The four-year starter is a tough player and a ballhawk. I believe he'll be a starting nickelback in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... act-in-nfl

Davis could be this year's "feel good" underdog story, but he is very hungry ... and smart.

Quote:
He said his decision to choose the Dolphins’ offer came down mostly to (Dolphins defensive back Tony) Oden.

“He was talking to me throughout the whole process, the whole draft,” Davis said. “He was keeping me updated on what’s going on and everything and I liked him as a person. I just felt I had a good connection with him, so I chose here.”

The Dolphins’ group of cornerbacks is loaded with talented young players, such as McCain, Xavien Howard, Tony Lippett and Cordrea Tankersley, and Davis is hoping to make enough of an impression this summer to earn a spot alongside them.

The way he sees it, his mission is simple.

“Know the playbook in and out, just know all my calls, all my assignments, no missed assignments, and just go out there and play,” Davis said. “Go out there and play physical, be a dog out there. That’s what I’m trying to do.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 106780db94

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]