Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: OL needs work
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:43 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

You have new players, so, it takes time for them to develop chemistry and communications between them. I'm optimistic about this group.

Armando Salguero wrote:
And having said all this and built your hopes, I must also tell you the starting offensive line was not good the first day of padded practices.

The protection of quarterback Ryan Tannehill was spotty both up the middle and from the outside -- where no one picked up a blitzing nickel cornerback Bobby McCain on one occasion. The run blocking seemed acceptable but only because a lot of the yards Kenyan Drake and others picked up came after backs ran into a wall sealed by defenders and bounced outside and into the secondary.

“We have work to do, obviously,” coach Adam Gase said.

Armando Salguero wrote:
The current makeup of this group promises grit and toughness and more unity than past groups. I Iike that Kilgore might not be an elite star on the field as Pouncey was, but he’s good enough and is an elite locker room guy who brings stability and a great work ethic.

I love that James, in the final year of his contract and coming off another injury plagued season, feels like he’s not reached his ceiling and wants to prove he can be outstanding. I love that Sitton, potentially the grumpy veteran, embraced the job of mentoring Tunsil.

I love that Tunsil was somewhat embarrassed by his work last season -- his first as the starting left tackle -- and wants to prove he’s every bit the outstanding player the Dolphins said he was when they drafted him in 2016.

And I love that Davis is a big, strong, hungry man who takes absolutely nothing for granted, is a nice guy off the field, but not so nice on the field.

It’s an interesting group. It can be a good group.

“We definitely have a lot of work to do,” Davis said, “but we have quite a bit of time to get ready and get it right.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]