All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I've heard "rumors" that we may try to trade DE Andre Branch for a starting CB. Darby is going to be a free agent after this year, and the Eagles are deep at CB.

NJ.com wrote:
During training camp it is usually only a matter of time until the Eagles make a trade.

Which is why this report out of Miami is one to keep an eye on.

The Miami Dolphins are "actively and aggressively shopping for a starting cornerback", according to Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinel. The Dolphins are apparently not happy with what they have seen from their cornerbacks so far in training camp.

A potential deal between the Eagles and the Dolphins makes sense on a number of level. Let's read some tea leaves.

The Eagles are deep at cornerback and have been rumored to be open to moving one of them. The obvious name to keep an eye on here is cornerback Ronald Darby. who is set to become a free agent at the end of the 2018 season. The fact the Eagles have not yet signed him to an extension could be a sign they are not 100% sure they want to commit the money it will take to sign him long term.

Darby would make sense for the Dolphins for two reasons. First, Darby is young and loaded with potential. He has yet to meet that potential, but he has elite speed and played well towards the end of last season. Darby went to college in Florida so you would imagine he would be opening to signing an extension with the Dolphins next offseason.

It is also worth noting that there was a Miami Dolphins scout at the Eagles' preseason opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers last Thursday.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/201 ... phins.html[

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

It's disappointing that the young pups aren't biting, but since they're apparently not, I'd be good with this, especially if it is for Branch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I would say no to a guy loaded with potential. If you need a starting cb get someone who has realized some of their potential.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]