All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kiko Alonso is the identity of our defense: he makes great plays to get us out of a whole, but he also inconsistent when it comes to tackling. Sometimes he plays a little out of control.

Also, they are on the money about our OL: we were tremendously soft in the middle. Give Osweiller credit for not forcing things and taking what they gave us.

I'll add more PFF stats to this thread when they come out.

PFF wrote:
Dolphins

The Lions’ game plan to get the ball out quick kept the Dolphins from generating any type of pressure to rattle Stafford. The few times Dolphins pass-rushers were able to beat blocks, the ball was already out well before they got to the quarterback.

The Dolphins did a decent job at plugging initial points of attack in the ground game but failed to finish plays and allowed Johnson to find the open lane elsewhere too often. Defensive tackle Akeem Spence made a positive impact, as he was able to shed some blocks and cause disruption on the interior. Linebacker Kiko Alonso missed multiple tackles on the day and took a poor angle of pursuit on one play that led to a big run.

One can count on a single hand the number of snaps where Osweiler was gifted with a clean pocket. Each of the Dolphins’ offensive linemen permitted at least three pressures sans Laremy Tunsil, who did not allow a single pressure on the day. Swanson allowed Detroit defenders to pressure the pocket on six occasions and allowed one sack, while Larson allowed five pressures.

It was simply a poor showing all around from Miami, who received its best performances from Tunsil and, surprisingly, Osweiler. The replacement quarterback was able to maneuver through a hotly contested pocket to do his best to keep the Fins in the game. Some of the highlights included connecting with Kenny Stills on a corner route from the Detroit five-yard line and a sensational scoring toss to a diving Danny Amendola on a crossing route to bring Miami within 10 points early in the fourth quarter.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... olphins-21

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Team of the Week wrote:
Quarterback
Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions – 93.6

Stafford moved his season into the top seven quarterbacks in terms of PFF grade with a big showing against the Dolphins. His best performance of the year, Stafford had 11 throws which resulted in a first down or touchdown, and of his four incompletions, three came as a result of batted passes or drops.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:

Team of the Week wrote:
Quarterback
Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions – 93.6

Stafford moved his season into the top seven quarterbacks in terms of PFF grade with a big showing against the Dolphins. His best performance of the year, Stafford had 11 throws which resulted in a first down or touchdown, and of his four incompletions, three came as a result of batted passes or drops.

Dave in the metrics that you have from PFF do they show who were responsible for letting the Lions run wild on the D?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Dave in the metrics that you have from PFF do they show who were responsible for letting the Lions run wild on the D?

They have three tiers of access. Free, and you only get basic articles. 2nd tier, which is what I have, and you get season stats and game previews. 3rd tier, you get the whole shabang. So, unfortunately, I don't get the game stats and they no longer share them in the Refocused area as they once did.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

They have three tiers of access. Free, and you only get basic articles. 2nd tier, which is what I have, and you get season stats and game previews. 3rd tier, you get the whole shabang. So, unfortunately, I don't get the game stats and they no longer share them in the Refocused area as they once did.

Figures thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
▪ Pro Football Focus said left tackle Laremy Tunsil “was once again a bright spot along the offensive line, allowing just one quarterback pressure [a sack] in 38 pass-blocking snaps for the [Detroit] game. Tunsil finished the game with a 87.1 pass-blocking grade, and his 72.3 overall grade for the season ranks 21st among all tackles in the league. Through six weeks, Tunsil has allowed just six quarterback pressures in 237 pass-blocking snaps.”

▪ Though Cameron Wake didn’t have a single tackle against Detroit and has only one sack in five games, PFF graded him highly against the Lions. He had two quarterback hurries in 37 snaps. PFF says “for the season, Wake has pressured the quarterback 16 times in 115 pass-rushing snaps, or one in every 7.2 snaps. In 2017, Wake racked up 62 quarterback pressures in 395 pass-rushing snaps, or one in every 6.4 snaps.” But those pressures aren’t turning into sacks. After producing 10.5 sacks last season, he’s on pace for the fewest sacks of his Dolphins career — partly because he missed two games and partly because of low sack numbers in the five games he has played.

Incidentally, PFF said Wake’s “run-defense grade of 69.6 is the highest it’s been in any season since 2012.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]