Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Parker Hurt again
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This team is horrible. There are no playmakers on this team. From coaching to the players there are many holes on this team. Even the conditioning coach sucks.

Post subject: Re: Parker Hurt again
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:08 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Parker is Parker.
Grant injury looked really bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Grant hurt himself. Although, at 5’ 6 in the NFL it was a miracle he lasted this long.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phinished wrote:
Grant hurt himself. Although, at 5’ 6 in the NFL it was a miracle he lasted this long.

I'm not too worried about his size, although Gase kept him in too often on that already hurt achilles. I'm sure he kept telling Gase that he was fine.

RotoWorld wrote:
Jakeem Grant (leg) noticeably struggled throughout the game with a limp before being carted off

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/104 ... nte-parker

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
This team is horrible. There are no playmakers on this team. From coaching to the players there are many holes on this team. Even the conditioning coach sucks.

If I were a fan of another team and saw Miami's record I'd think they aren't that bad, maybe on the verge of something pretty good. It really masks how horrible of a season this team is now having.

They seriously might not win another game.

As for Parker, he just isn't what people wanted him to be. He looked good with Tannehill back in 2016, but that is now long gone. Gase probably thought Parker would be his Demaryius Thomas and it never materialized.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Jakeem Grant injury update.

Adam Beasley wrote:
Big Jakeem Grant update: There’s optimism that he did not tear his Achilles. More will be know tomorrow. Unclear if or when he can play again this year. But definitely better than what was first feared.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/ ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
If I were a fan of another team and saw Miami's record I'd think they aren't that bad, maybe on the verge of something pretty good. It really masks how horrible of a season this team is.

I’ll bring up the Foxboro thing again. I would have bet money that this team was headed back on a familiar path after that game. It was painfully obvious. We aren’t better off right now than at any point the last 18 years. Just need to build on and look at the future again.

Hopefully the suits can get an O line together...seems like a running joke at this point and a weapon or two for the inevitable 1st round QB we will be drafting within the next 3 years. Just please. Don’t reach.

How nice would it be to have a solid foundation on offense BEFORE the potential franchise QB rolls into town. Take advantage of the ****ty QB class this year and let another sucker reach up for one or two. Get a can’t miss linemen.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:
If I were a fan of another team and saw Miami's record I'd think they aren't that bad, maybe on the verge of something pretty good. It really masks how horrible of a season this team is.

I’ll bring up the Foxboro thing again. I would have bet money that this team was headed back on a familiar path after that game. It was painfully obvious. We aren’t better off right now than at any point the last 18 years. Just need to build on and look at the future again.

Hopefully the suits can get an O line together...seems like a running joke at this point and a weapon or two for the inevitable 1st round QB we will be drafting within the next 3 years. Just please. Don’t reach.

How nice would it be to have a solid foundation on offense BEFORE the potential franchise QB rolls into town. Take advantage of the ****ty QB class this year and let another sucker reach up for one or two. Get a can’t miss linemen.

Yep. This team is in for a rebuilding again. It needs to start with an O line and the next draft has to focus on that. Trade down to get some ammo for 2020, because they need to be able to move up to snatch a highly touted QB. Not just any first round QB though....they need to get that top prospect....no more consolation prizes or projects.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Oh....and fire Gase and Burke. Do it now. Going 7-9 won’t help us this year. Better to lose out and start the purge.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
Not just any first round QB though....they need to get that top prospect....no more consolation prizes or projects.

As it stands right now, you'd want either Tua or Fromm in 2020. Others could easily emerge and its probably too early for this type of post, but those guys are doing it against the best competition.

Miami needs to rebuild the trenches entirely. Only Tunsil, Taylor and Godchaux should be considered long term pieces (the latter two more rotational than blue chip). Once that is fixed they can start trying to upgrade skill positions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
Phinished wrote:
Not just any first round QB though....they need to get that top prospect....no more consolation prizes or projects.

As it stands right now, you'd want either Tua or Fromm in 2020. Others could easily emerge and its probably too early for this type of post, but those guys are doing it against the best competition.

Miami needs to rebuild the trenches entirely. Only Tunsil, Taylor and Godchaux should be considered long term pieces (the latter two more rotational than blue chip). Once that is fixed they can start trying to upgrade skill positions.

I would also keep James. He has actually often graded out as our best lineman. We need to replace our interior line....as we have needed to for about 3 years now. No old free agents...draft is the way to go. We have holes everywhere, but the O line has killed this team for a long time.

I hope we can keep Gore too. He can help this team a lot next year, assuming we actually rebuild the O line. Give that man some blocking and we can shorten games, score points and help our D by keeping them off the field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:16 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not sure if it is fair to count Devante Parker among the walking wounded as he is always hurt. Nothing abnormal about it. I did see him hold his shoulder a little earlier in the game when he went down on it, but he stayed in the game until he went down on that shoulder again. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I feel bad for him (and us) as I don't think he is soft. He is just injury prone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We need Parker because size does matter in the NFL. We can't have a slew of short and blazingly fast receivers as we need a balance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:46 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We need Parker because size does matter in the NFL. We can't have a slew of short and blazingly fast receivers as we need a balance.

I agree Dave but he's soft and injury prone.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]