Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:04 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

The Good

Frank Gore may have been the lone bright spot against the Packers... and of course the Dolphins underutilized him giving him only 15 touches on the day. Gore had 102 total yards from scrimmage on those 15 touches. The rest of the Dolphins offense produced 192 yards on 31 touches.

We can also give some credit to Robert Quinn, who produced 1.5 sacks and 3 QB hits. Aside from some complimentary pressure from Cam Wake, no one else really got close to Aaron Rodgers.

The Bad

The defense was back to its old self, allowing 195 rushing yards on 25 carries (7.8 ypc). When a team can run the ball like that, they don't have to rely on the passing game. Although if they had to, Aaron Rodgers went ahead and chipped in 2 passing TDs and completed 67.8% of his passes.

Brock Osweiller is inept. He just is. He's absolutely petrified of pressure, hardly ever standing tough in the pocket and predictably rolling to his right when pressured. He struggles completing a pass that travels more than 10 yards in the air. Actually, he struggles being consistent at anything. At this point, we have nothing to lose by letting David Fales play a game because Osweiller is not a guy that will give you a shot.

The Ugly

The number of injuries on this team continues to grow. Almost all of the speed on offense is gone. The offensive line is literally all back ups. It looks unlikely that Tannehill will return, maybe ever. At this point, we seem to be more injured than the 2007 team. The strength and training department of this team needs to be looked at closely.

Overall

As I predicted on the boards, Green Bay was going to house Miami. Our defense cannot compete against elite quarterbacks, especially when allowing 7.6 ypc. Our offense is on a downward spiral. Two full games without a touchdown. I guess if you want to be delusional, you can say we scored 4 times and the Packers scored 5.

We may be the biggest 5-5 mirage ever. When you look at how our offense and defense play week to week, there is no hope that this team can pick up their game and make it into the playoffs. Oh look, Andrew Luck and the 3 game win streak Colts are next.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

They should have signed Matt Barkley apparently

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:04 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Brock Osweiller is inept. He just is. He's absolutely petrified of pressure, hardly ever standing tough in the pocket and predictably rolling to his right when pressured.

I’m surprised this wasn’t already painfully obvious and evident throughout his film prior to signing here. I was shocked when I saw that Miami signed him. The lack of foresight and ineptitude that goes on in some NFL front offices at such a high level and with all that money involved, still, never ceases to amaze me.

I couldn’t believe Houston threw the bank at him after winning like, what...6 games in Denver?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:53 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
Oh look, Andrew Luck and the 3 game win streak Colts are next.

A week ago I would have picked Miami to win this game because the Colts' defense is that bad. If Osweiler is still starting Miami will lose.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nicely done, Rich.

Rich wrote:
I guess if you want to be delusional, you can say we scored 4 times and the Packers scored 5.

Any team will trade FGs for TDs. We're fistpumping our way through games without a defense.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
The Ugly

The number of injuries on this team continues to grow. Almost all of the speed on offense is gone. The offensive line is literally all back ups. It looks unlikely that Tannehill will return, maybe ever. At this point, we seem to be more injured than the 2007 team. The strength and training department of this team needs to be looked at closely.

This is Coach Gase's reaction to the injury problems on the team. He needs to get this resolved as is heading for a roster of backups.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Coach Adam Gase, asked if the team will re-evaluate anything it does in the wake of so many injuries, said: “We’ve looked at everything. It would be one thing if we were having all of these soft tissue injuries, but we’re having season-ending type injuries. And it’s always on game days. I think a lot of it is it’s almost across the league where every week you see big-name players going down. I don’t know if we’ve really been hit any harder than anybody else.

“It feels like it to us because we’re here every day. ... I wish I had an answer for you because some of these are just unexplainable. Like a guy gets tackled and jacks his shoulder up. How do you prevent that?”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

One thing you can’t take away from Gase is he doesn’t seem to look for any excuses. Not a single mention here of any injuries being responsible for the losses.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
One thing you can’t take away from Gase is he doesn’t seem to look for any excuses. Not a single mention here of any injuries being responsible for the losses.

I've heard him say several times that other teams are battling injuries, too. While I would agree and applaud his fighting spirit, I would also say not like ours.

Right now we draft 18th. I think we'll see OL drafted early next year as the draft is supposedly deep at OL and DL.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think it’s safe to say we will be drafting a little higher than 18th come draft day.

:)

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]