Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
By Jason Lieser

Give him a pass for this season. Table the hot-seat conversation until he gets a fair shot. The three-year clock should reset when this season’s drudgery finally ends.

In fact, not only give Gase a pass, give him credit. It’d be wiser to extend his contract than to terminate it.

The whole read here: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181114/lieser-dolphins-shouldnt-fire-adam-gase-they-should-extend-him

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:58 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I do not feel this is the year to do it, keep Gase 1 more, let the implosions around the league take place.

Just too many bad teams at the moment, I can see at least 4 of them jumping into the coach hunt.. Browns are already looking for their next victim...

Also there has to be something to it that this team, with a rotation of QB's among other positions with injuries, yet still managing to win some and keep hopes alive...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Browns are already looking for their next victim...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Need to have some patience with Gase. Tannenbaum should be on the hot seat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I wouldnt fire either. I'd listen really hard for answers on how he is going to fix this defense. Offensively, I think a healthy good QB, a couple tall receivers, and a couple offensive line draft picks will improve them.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:56 am 

Well we cannot keep changing head coaches every few years.
I am just wondering what Tannenbaum has ever done?
Also ... what would be the opinions here if the regime stays in tact. Tannehill is the starter. And we do not draft a QB with real potential?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:59 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I'm the one that needs to go is Burke. His scheme is not working here. I don't know if that's because of the players or the game planning or what but it seems like we need to reset there. If we go into next year with basically status quo there will be a lot of fun on social media.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

FINesse wrote:
what would be the opinions here if the regime stays in tact. Tannehill is the starter. And we do not draft a QB with real potential?

Its entirely possible that Gesicki makes a big jump next year and becomes a primary target. That would help. More quality snaps from Drake and Ballage as well. Stuff like that with better health will certainly yield positive results.

When your cap space stinks and you're paying your QB $26 million its hard to have a good contingency plan. That is the case for any team because if your backup could play well for more than 8 games he'd be a starter on another team. So keeping Tannehill limits what you can do with the position because a rookie QB taken Day 2 or later isn't going to unseat Osweiler or Fales.

If the brass says it was just the unlucky injury bug and all will be better next year I think you'd have major disinterest in the team.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
If the brass says it was just the unlucky injury bug and all will be better next year I think you'd have major disinterest in the team.

That would be very unexpected in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

jammer wrote:
When your cap space stinks and you're paying your QB $26 million its hard to have a good contingency plan.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... 15285.html

This hypothetical cleans house and gets the Fins over $70m in cap space. Of course, it also means they have to pretty much restock the team and given that the present front office with Gase's input has been dismal in that regard they might as well throw the front office out as well with Gase getting a further look. Maybe his system proves to be flawed. Maybe his leadership continues to be questioned. But it may also be too soon to draw those conclusions, so a further look with a revamped roster would give him the chance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:09 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think it would be a big mistake to let Gase go. Since Shula.......Johnson, Wannstedt, Saban, Cameron, Sparano and Philbin. It would have been nice if Jimmy hanged around, but the rest of that group was a mess.

Gase got to the playoffs with a backup QB and has this team at 5-5 often with more backups than original starters. I'm of the opinion, we should try to extend his contract......I'm sure he has plenty of other opportunities.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:29 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

shularino wrote:
I think it would be a big mistake to let Gase go. Since Shula.......Johnson, Wannstedt, Saban, Cameron, Sparano and Philbin. It would have been nice if Jimmy hanged around, but the rest of that group was a mess.

Gase got to the playoffs with a backup QB and has this team at 5-5 often with more backups than original starters. I'm of the opinion, we should try to extend his contract......I'm sure he has plenty of other opportunities.

The only thing wrong with Satan, ‘er Saban, was he was smart and took a much better job in Alabama. He is a traitor, but he is a darn good coach.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:40 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

the Fins were one shoulder injury away from any number of superbowls....Saban wasn't that smart then.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:51 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinished wrote:
The only thing wrong with Satan, ‘er Saban, was he was smart and took a much better job in Alabama. He is a traitor, but he is a darn good coach.

Will likely go down as the greatest college coach, not sure he would have made it in the Pros. Went 15-17 in his two years and left the Team worst than when he found it.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]