All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Per Tony Pauline, Miami is one of the teams vying for Flacco's services once he is released by Baltimore. The other two are Denver and Jacksonville.

It makes sense with Caldwell in charge of the offense.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Please no.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Please no.

I don't understand. Why not?

We're obviously going to be rebuilding for the next 2+ years, I'm not sure what you want out of a QB in that situation until we draf tthe "franchise QB" everyone wants, and that seems to be Tua or Fromm, or in some cases the guy from Orgeon.

Not sure there's a better come and hang out a while and win us some games QB on the market thatn Flacco, sans Foles, that's not going to cost you a bazillion dollars.

I say bring 'em in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:01 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

And I'm fine with Foles, don't get me wrong, if he isn't going to cost a bazillion and a somehow cost us picks and set us back another two years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I still think the most likely option is Teddy Bridgewater on a prove it deal. He may prove to be a very good QB in this league. According to Omar Kelly, Bridgewater wants to be in Miami. Then again, Kelly is the guy who said no way was Suh signing in Miami so who knows.

Flacco could be boom or bust. He would have some nice targets and probably maximizes Stills as a deep threat. It would be totally Dolphins for them to bring him in hoping he stinks and then has a Pro Bowl type year that ruins their positioning for Tua/Fromm/Herbert.

The Flacco rumors could also be his agent trying to drive up his value. He's going to be competing with Tannehill for a job after teams take chances on Foles and Bridgewater. I would have put Tannehill ahead of Bridgewater if not for his awful performances down the stretch. Then you'll have Tyrod Taylor and Blake Bortles getting some consideration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:31 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coots wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Please no.

We're obviously going to be rebuilding for the next 2+ years, I'm not sure what you want out of a QB in that situation until we draf tthe "franchise QB" everyone wants, and that seems to be Tua or Fromm, or in some cases the guy from Orgeon.

Not sure there's a better come and hang out a while and win us some games QB on the market thatn Flacco, sans Foles, that's not going to cost you a bazillion dollars.

I say bring 'em in.

Flacco will help this team win a few games, enough to put you out of the mix for one of those QB's in 2020...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

10acjed wrote:
Coots wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Please no.

I say bring 'em in.

Flacco will help this team win a few games, enough to put you out of the mix for one of those QB's in 2020...

I guess it depends on which "tank" scenario we're subscriging to.

Completely tank for two years, to simply have the #1 overall, or close to it?
"Just suck enough" to position yourself to be able to trade up and surrender a few future picks to get your guy?
Bring in Foles, win some games now - if he tanks, ship off whatever picks it takes, I've seen things like, send a couple 1st rounders to whoever to get the Fromm/Tua train going around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:40 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

It's why I think Flacco wouldn't be a bad solution. He's not going to cost you nearly as much as Foles. He'll win you a few games. If a prospect falls in your lap this year, draft them. If they don't, fix the trenches. Let Flacco ride a couple years, draft "the guy" when you have to - if it means sending some picks, then do it.

What's the other solution? Can we keep Tannehill? Or does he still have enough pride and stupidity to think he deserves to be paid huge money? Tell him to restructure for cheap and ride it out wihle we fix the organization. But, he'll probably want traded/paid. So see yah.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The trade up is a possibility, however chances are the teams in the top 5 are in need of a QB so makes it tougher.

I hope they trade down this year and get another first for 2020, then they would have a better chance to move up if needed.

Im not against Flacco, but I see him as a guy you bring in to win games which does not help the building through the draft mentality Ross & Co are looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:

I say bring 'em in.

I don’t see Flacco signing a short deal and being on board with the bridge QB label. If Miami signed him it would likely be for the long haul. The team has put their “win now” approach on the shelf for anybody who was listening to see. Flacco doesn’t make sense.

I’m not sure his agent even has Miami on his list of potential suitors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like the move. Perfect stop gap till we draft a guy. I did want to draft him back in the day, dude has a hand cannon.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coots wrote:

I say bring 'em in.

Why not? If Flacco is the best this team can get. I'd rather just stick with THill, instead of eating his salary, just to get into another large deal with Flacco.

As for Foles. IMO walk away and do not fall in love with the few games he has done well in Philly. They guy is horrible on a week to week scale and when ask to be the man. Just look at last yr. He was not really good until the playoffs and Peterson adjusted the O for him. He was also bad in preseason and to start the yr out this yr.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:56 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

Dphins4me wrote:
Why not? If Flacco is the best this team can get. I'd rather just stick with THill, instead of eating his salary, just to get into another large deal with Flacco.

As for Foles. IMO walk away and do not fall in love with the few games he has done well in Philly. They guy is horrible on a week to week scale and when ask to be the man. Just look at last yr. He was not really good until the playoffs and Peterson adjusted the O for him. He was also bad in preseason and to start the yr out this yr.

I don't see Flacco or THill in any position to demand a whole lot of money from any team. But THill has the upper hand on Miami in my opinion. Maybe I'm looking at it skewed, but he holds the cards in terms of "Hey, we want you to stay but you have to restructure." Easy for him to decide to go to another team and have a new start if they don't pay what he thinks he's worth.

Flacco got benched and beat out by Lamar Jackson, what is his cards to play? I feel they'll both end up costing about the same at the end of the day, so to me, it's which method of sucking you want to do until we find our franchise QB. If Thill can be had cheap and he's willing to restructure, I have no issues with him staying here and sucking until we find the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:53 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just being honest here, but why would Tannehill restructure? He knows he isn't on the team beyond 2019, even if he miraculously isn't cut, and he'll get more guaranteed money signing with another team.

If what Allbright suggests is true, Tannehill can go get a deal in Cincinnati to work as a bridge for Zac Taylor. 2 years, $30 million with probably $10 million in guarantees. Sam Bradford got 2 years $40 million with a $10 million signing bonus last offseason and his resume stinks.

I don't see Flacco landing much more than what I just proposed for Tannehill. Given Bruce Arians' system of throwing deep, TB could offer Flacco a chance to compete with Winston. Give him big bonuses for games started and stats reached. I bet he'd beat out Winston in camp.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

All I know is, I wish I was a bad NFL quarterback. Wish I got paid that much at my job for sucking. lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:29 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coots wrote:

I don't see Flacco or THill in any position to demand a whole lot of money from any team. But THill has the upper hand on Miami in my opinion. Maybe I'm looking at it skewed, but he holds the cards in terms of "Hey, we want you to stay but you have to restructure." Easy for him to decide to go to another team and have a new start if they don't pay what he thinks he's worth.

Flacco got benched and beat out by Lamar Jackson, what is his cards to play? I feel they'll both end up costing about the same at the end of the day, so to me, it's which method of sucking you want to do until we find our franchise QB. If Thill can be had cheap and he's willing to restructure, I have no issues with him staying here and sucking until we find the guy.
Agree, but IMO THill will be on the books for 2019 regardless. No need to restructure, because generally the restructure pushes monies into future yr. The team is eating the cap space regardless, so do not see a need to tie up future monies with either QB.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]