View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Day 4 Morning practice update 8/2 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Day 4 Morning practice update 8/2
Quote:
Everyone is here and practicing except WR Ryan Grice-Mullen, CB Evan Oglesby and LB Austin Spitler, all out with injury or illness.

– Rookie John Jerry continues to man the right guard spot on the first team. Jake Grove and Donald Thomas are also starters this morning.

– Here’s the second team OL for this morning (left to right): Andrew Gardner, Cory Procter, Joe Berger, Richie Incognito, Nate Garner.

– The Dolphins’ defense opened practice in an interesting 2-4-5 alignment — Jared Odrick and Randy Starks up front, Cam Wake, Karlos Dansby, Channing Crowder and Koa Misi at linebacker and Sean Smith, Will Allen, Vontae Davis, Yeremiah Bell and Chris Clemons in the backfield.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... s-to-play/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Day 4 Morning practice update 8/2
Quote:
Cameron Wake and Koa Misi continue to work as the Dolphins starting outside linebackers. Alama-Francis and Charlie Anderson are 2nd team.

If Dolphins were really open to someone but Hartline starting opposite Marshall one of the other candidates would have worked there by now.

Figured out why Nate Garner is working as a RT in camp. If something happens to Jake Long, Carey goes to left tackle and Garner starts.

Every day I watch Ike Alama-Francis as an outside linebacker I start to like him better. We've got a keeper here.

Richie Incognito and Cory Procter are the second team guards. Incognito is on the right. Appears he's RG only.

Jared Odrick continues to work as the starting right defensive end. It's his job to lose. Marques Douglas is his toughest competition.

We're on practice five and Brian Hartline is still the co-star to Brandon Marshall. Might be a done deal.

31 minutes ago via UberTwitter .Patrick Cobbs is looking super fast lately. Second day I've noticed it.

Messed up. Donald Thomas is on the left side as usual. Second day as a starter.

Dolphins ILBer Austin Spitler is still not in attendance. This is the second practice he's missed.Evan Oglesby is also missing.

Paul Soliai continues to split the first team NT reps with Randy Starks for the 2nd day. Dolphins need to accelerate both's learning curve.

Jake Grove has returned as the starting center.It appears him and Joe Berger are rotating ever practice.Decent battle there. But Grove wins

Dolphins OG Donald Thomas continues to work as the starting right guard. John Jerry is the starting left guard.

Dolphins CB Will Allen is working as the first team nickel guy. I'm curious who will be his backup there. Can it still be Jason Allen?

Dolphins WR Brian Hartline, who was limited in his participation yesterday due to an undisclosed issue, is out there, not limited.

Dolphins WR Ryan Grice-Mullen isn't practicing again. I suspect it's a hamstring or quad issue.

More: http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Looks like my boy Donald Thomas is proving me right.

Does Alama-Francis sound like another Matt Roth type of transition to anyone else? I've yet to see him play, but just the story seems to sound like Roth a lot. Looking forward to seeing him on the 14th.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:21 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like Thomas.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

all this news of jason allen and his struggles at covering [again] ,could we go into the season taking 4 corners and a extra safety who plays a bit of special teams??/

for me allen is not worth a roster spot just on his gd special teams ! we have other guys who can do that job imo

hearing gd reports on jonathon amaya or maybe nate ness think they can play both safety and corner??

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Hen wrote:
Quote:
Figured out why Nate Garner is working as a RT in camp. If something happens to Jake Long, Carey goes to left tackle and Garner starts.

Ah, like I said :grin:

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I can't wait to see IAF in the preseason. Should be exciting, he seems like he's really shining there. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Misi rotated a lot of snaps this year. Well, I would have been surprised 5 days ago, and maybe still will be, but you know :D

Interesting how Incognito hasn't worked with the first team yet. Jerry is such a force of a run blocker, and I kind of figured he could end up starting his year when he was drafted, but to not have them rotating? As for Thomas, I like him, and Ive thought that he'd beat out Procter, so we'll see there.

My darkhorse for a roster spot is Myron Moore. He's impressing coaches, whether it be the third team or not, and if he turns out to be a solid returnman I think he has a spot. But if Pat Turner continues his impressive practices, the door shuts on Moore regardless of his return skills, in my opinion.

I'm soooo excited for the preseason, and the regular season for that matter :)

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline is the man....as predicted :grin:

He will have a very nice year opposite Marshall, the coverage magnet.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]