Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Jeff Darlington wrote:
Pasqualoni's defense struggled mainly in two significant areas: during the fourth quarter and when it came to defending big passing plays.

Asked if those two reasons contributed most to the firing, Sparano said, ``I'm not going to say it's one thing or the other thing. I'm not going to do that. You can't ignore the facts and the facts are those things all existed.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 45939.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 am 
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Well, something needed to change.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP Tom
RIP Tone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:59 pm 
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

I think it is deeper than that. Yeah they struggled early in the season in the 4th quarter. Then they couldn't get out of the gate during the final 8 games. Furthermore, either he was requiring the safeties to do too much, or both the safeties are horrible. Missed tackles, poor angles, way too long to show up on the scene after an underneath throw, the safeties struggled all season. The ILB's were invisible except when they were lined up on the opposing teams star WR. Then they stood out like a floating diaper in a swimming pool. 2008 was a mirage because of the level of competition. 2009 exposed the scheme for what it was...weak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:09 pm 
Phins 2 Phins
Phins 2 Phins

I'm sure those might have been the key points but the truth of he matter is most of the time our defense struggled and a lot of it had to do with the directions they were following; something needed to be done indeed and I believe letting Pasqualoni go was just the first step.
I'm also happy to see the FO focussing their efforts on the deffensive front because that is the area we need to improve the most on

"News, info and discussions about the Miami Dolphins, their players and the season..."

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]