View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall takes out frustration on football 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Brandon Marshall takes out frustration on football
Quote:
The frustration level may be building just a little bit for some folks on the Dolphins offense -- most notably wide receiver Brandon Marshall.

After dropping what should have been a sure TD in the back of the end zone from 5 yards out during the best-on-best team period this afternoon, Marshall picked up the ball he dropped and punted it ...

... Right over the fence of the Davie, Florida practice facility.

It helped his effort that the fields were configured to run east and west today and the street he punted the ball onto runs north and south just behind the end zone. The ball traveled about 25 yards.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0wnyMa3mg

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Marshall takes out frustration on football
Quote:
The Dolphins first-team offense, meanwhile, didn't move nearly that far.

To wit during the team period versus the Miami first-team defense:

First play: Chad Henne incompletion.

Second play: Ronnie Brown rushes for minus-1.

Third play: Henne overthrows Browns circling out of the backfield.

Fourth play: Ricky Williams for a five-yard rush.

Fifth play: Williams plus-4 yards on a direct snap.

Sixth play: Wildcat and Williams gains 2 off a handoff from Brown.

Seventh play: Marshall drops the Henne pass.

Unscripted: Marshall Punt.

Eighth play: Ronnie Brown no gain.

End of period.

Sheesh.

The first team offensive line continues to take shape -- I hope. The first team today was RT Vernon Carey, RG John Jerry, C Joe Berger, LG Richie Incognito and LT Jake Long.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0wnyUuwir

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The offense don't worry me to much......It is a bruising run oriented team that wears teams out(with an occasional big play from the play action)......

The defense was the weak point last year...It sucked like a Marino defense...And i wasn't all to impressed the Saturday, Hope i am wrong

The Colts game last year was a microcosm .......

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

You might not be worried....but if this continues it could be like a hitting slump and affect his season. Let's hope not.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:14 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

So our offense sucks....

Or our defense is good....

I will stay optimistic...

GO DEFENSE :bow:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
New Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall has vowed to be a changed man off the field, but he’s still letting his emotions get the best of him on the field.

Marshall, acquired from Denver for two second-round picks and given $24 million in guaranteed money, has clearly been frustrated with his play over the past nine days with the Dolphins. He said he wasn’t “mentally prepared” for a scrimmage last Saturday and was “disappointed ” in his play. Two days ago, he said he’s “not going to make any excuses” for dropping two passes in the Dolphins’ exhibition opener.

Monday, his frustrations finally played out on the practice field. Toward the end of practice, after Marshall dropped a short pass in the end zone, he picked up the ball and punted it over the fence. He then spent the rest of the practice standing by himself on the sideline, though it is not clear if he was ordered to do so, or was just brooding by himself. Marshall also had two passes swatted away by Vontae Davis during 1-on-1 drills earlier in practice.

Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano speaks to the media only before practice during training camp, so media was unable to ask him about Marshall’s frustrations.

So what’s the big deal if Marshall punted the ball away? It’s only significant because Marshall, 26, was suspended by the Broncos last year for doing the exact same thing. It was the tipping point for Marshall and the Broncos, after a string of incidents landed him in hot water. Head coach Josh McDaniels suspended Marshall for the final week of the preseason before reinstating him for the regular season.

Marshall has said that coming to Miami has made him a changed man, and by all accounts he has been a model citizen off the field. But the way he handles his temper bares watching.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... s_dolphins

I was at the Miami vs Denver the last time they played here out west. One thing I noticed, Joey Porter affected Marshalls game with his constant taunting.

I describe it this way it seemed to me that Joey climed inside Marshall's helmet and messed him up. I don't know if anyone else noticed it but especially during the time outs (TV probably) Joey would stand and taunt Marshall mercilessly until he got a reaction out of him and then would turn it up a notch.

Joey was living rent free inside his head for most of the game. Just my two cents worth. I hope others can not get to him as easily. Was it because he was already having a bad game or was it a combination? I am not sure.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That's good. Angry is good. Feeling "not perfect" is good.

They will shape up. Like I said, I'd rather have them suck now and improve then be decent now, and not improve.

Anger is good.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

First the basketball comments, now punting the ball again in practice, what next? Neither instance is a big deal, but I really don't care to be reading about him every month or so because of something stupid he has said or done. Grow up dude, your making boat loads of money to play FOOTBALL. Keep it together for the next 5 years or so and then you can act or say as much stupid as you want.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I guess the honeymoon is over.

RotoWorld wrote:
Still a knucklehead. Since a dominant start to camp, Marshall has struggled over the last nine days, and had two drops in Miami's preseason opener. Marshall reportedly "brooded" off to the side for the rest of Monday's practice. He did similar things in Broncos camp last year, although that was believed to be due to frustration with his contract. He got paid big time since.

www.rotoworld.com

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Playing with emotion is one thing, acting like a child is another. Hope he can get his act together.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]