View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 LB Micah Johnson: not running from "cover" 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post LB Micah Johnson: not running from "cover"
I look forward to see what he can contribute vs the Jags.

David J. Neal wrote:
Two things you might sleep on with rookie free agent linebacker Micah Johnson: his pass-coverage ability and his mobility.

Johnson, signed in the wake of fourth-round draft pick A.J. Edds' season-ending torn knee ligament (Edds went under Dr. James Andrews' knife Tuesday), didn't clock the most impressive 40-yard dash time at his pro day.

Johnson said his best time was 4.78. Other reports said 4.84 and 4.92.

``You know, I'm definitely more a football player. Straight ahead speed isn't my strong point. My change of direction is my best -- with the agility shuttle, I ran a 4.21. I consider myself more a football player. It may affect people in the draft, but the ones who can play football last longest, I think.''

Johnson has little experience in the 3-4 defense. At the University of Kentucky, Johnson played in a 4-3 defense, which gave him few pass coverage responsibilities.

However, because pass coverage was expected to be Edds' role at inside linebacker, Johnson has had to add something new to his repertoire.

``It's not that I couldn't do it, I was just never asked to do it so I'm excited to show I can do it,'' Johnson said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/20/1 ... se-to.html

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:06 am
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post Re: LB Micah Johnson: not running from "cover"
In limited action against 3rd team offense he had a pressure and a tackle behind the LOS. I'd like to see him with the 2nd and even first team just to see how he does. :pumpiron:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:54 am
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: LB Micah Johnson: not running from "cover"
NFLJunkie wrote:
In limited action against 3rd team offense he had a pressure and a tackle behind the LOS. I'd like to see him with the 2nd and even first team just to see how he does. :pumpiron:

He did play with the second team against Tampa, Junkie.

I think he gets a ton of work this week with Dobbins likely out again. I think it's between him and Spitler for that 4th ILB job.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]