View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 (espn) Bell eager to work for Nolan 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

(espn) Bell eager to work for Nolan
Quote:
Miami Dolphins strong safety Yeremiah Bell isn't simply basking in his Pro Bowl experience. He's already scouting for 2010.

Bell spent part of Wednesday's practice talking with Denver Broncos safety Brian Dawkins about new Dolphins defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, who coached the Broncos in 2009.

Bell liked what he heard.

"I sat with Brian and, being that me and him play the same position, he told me that I'd be very happy with Coach Nolan," Bell said. "He's a guy that wants to get it done, a guy who's very fiery, a great overall football coach.

"Brian said that, playing strong safety, Coach Nolan will do some things I would like and I should have fun next year."

Bell is an aggressive player, and Nolan's defenses are about attacking.

Nolan made an impact in his lone season with the Broncos. Before he arrived, they were 26th in the league with 26 sacks. Their sack total grew to 39 this season, ranking 10th.

Bell has 7.5 career sacks, the franchise record for defensive back. He's already pumped at the idea of padding that total.

"Oh, I'd love to do that," Bell said. "If there's anything I like doing, it's blitzing.

"Brian was telling me if he has a guy that he thinks is a playmaker, then he'll put him in certain situations. I'm excited to see where it goes."

As energized as he sounded about Nolan's arrival, Bell wasn't pleased to learn the Dolphins fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.

The Dolphins ranked 25th in scoring defense, 22nd in total defense and 24th in pass defense. Bell attributed their ineffectiveness to poor play and circumstances -- not coaching.

"We had a bad year overall," Bell said. "We were too inconsistent. You don't want to put that blame on Paul Pasqualoni. One thing about us is we have a very young team. This year, we had veteran guys get hurt. That set us back more than anything.

"We gave up too many big plays just by things we did. It wasn't scheme. It was us not playing the right technique or blowing an assignment. If we could've kept those plays to a minimum, our record would've probably turned out much better than it did."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9831/fins-safety-bell-eager-to-work-for-nolan

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: (espn) Bell eager to work for Nolan
Quote:
Bell wasn't pleased to learn the Dolphins fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.

"We gave up too many big plays just by things we did. It wasn't scheme. It was us not playing the right technique or blowing an assignment. If we could've kept those plays to a minimum, our record would've probably turned out much better than it did."

Follow up question, Mr. Bell are you then suggesting that you and your teamate Mr. Wilson should have been let go instead of Coach PP?

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Bell wasn't pleased to learn the Dolphins fired defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni.

Follow up question, Mr. Bell are you then suggesting that you and your teamate Mr. Wilson should have been let go instead of Coach PP?

Wilson, yes. Bell, no.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think you'll see Clemons a lot more this season. I also think part of the reason you didn't see him on the field a whole lot is because Pasqualoni is an idiot that doesn't know how to use talent. His scheme made no sense.
If Miami gets McClain, finds a NT...this defense becomes very good. If Miami gets McClain, a NT, AND someone like Jerry Hughes...they become scary good.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]