View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Big Picture.... we are building a DYNASTY !! 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Big Picture.... we are building a DYNASTY !!
Look at the talent and youth on our team

Marshall 26 Hartline 24 bess 24 all back ups 1st or second year guys.. with speed and size
Henne 25 Thigpen 26
Long Jerry Berger on line with Incognito and Carey the vets still in their 20's
Fasano and Martin are late 20's and RB position will be addressed next draft
Front 7 on D is absolutely loaded with stars like Dansby Starks etc all in their 20's any older vets are pretty much spot players...
Secondary could easily have 2 pro bowlers in Davis and Bell.. Smith and Clemmons are second year guys and mostly young back ups Jones, Carroll .. hell Sapp and Allen are the old guys back their

I see in 3 years a totally rebuilt team... that is younger and faster and stronger... how many starters from /cam's team would start today... what Carey, Brown...don't think bellstarted that year... so 2 !!!

We have 2 pressing needs for next draft.. Rb and Te... thats it.... wow I am excited to see how this plays out !!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Big Picture.... we are building a DYNASTY !!
It's a bit early to say that this is a dynasty in the making. First you have to actually win something. It's a young team with some talent. We'll see where it goes. I hope you wind up being right, but we're a long way from being there.

It's also way too early to speculate on what our pressing needs for 2011 are. Those are two areas we will almost definately need help in, but there could easily be others.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

thats why I said we are building.... not we have one...when we add high priced free agent they are still young with plenty of career in front of them... we are not just building for today!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

A playoff win would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

we get one this year.... or some changes need to be happening

Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:11 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

To build a dynasty today is more system than a group of players. It means you have to have a lot of depth with little drop off in talent from 1 guy to the next. The reason is FA. Guys usually get signed for 4-5 years so if you hit on a core group of guys 2-3 years in a row during the draft, supplement them with FA's, you can build a competitive team year after year.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would love to believe the Dolphins are going to start being a dynasty of some sort this year....but I don't see it. Injuries, inexperienced youth at key positions, and what looks to be another slow start based on preseason play makes me see us as probably a team that finishes around .500 again this year. It sucks, but that is what it looks like. The schedule is not kind and if we come out of the gates at 1-3 going into the bye, then I don't see us becoming a dynasty by year's end. I don't even see a playoff win or appearance.

I hope to be wrong though....I really do....I watch every game and have followed the team for about 37 years now. I enjoyed the 2008 season and was surprised and hopeful for the future...especially after the 2007 debacle. 2009 kind of dashed some of those hopes for a bright future....maybe the new-fangled defense will turn out to be ultra-nasty once the dogs are unleashed? However, who is going to rush the passer effectively, other than Wake? Our secondary is still green and it looks as if one of our cornerbacks is going to be a weak spot. The jury is still out at safety. The offense is not clicking all that well. Penalties aplenty. The coverage units on special teams are very questionable and we had two punts blocked. Yes...it is all preseason. We shall see.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 pm

In the for-what-its-worth catagory there aren't that many dominant teams in the NFL. Green Bay and New Orleans are the only two that I can think of. This year is going to be another log jam at 9-7 come week 16. There's nothing to suggest that Miami can't finish between 9-7 and 11-5. With a little luck, a bounce of a football or two they could end up as division champs. If a lot goes wrong I can see them being 8-8. Right now they're deeper and more talented than they've been in a while. The fact that guys like Micah Johnson came from nowhere really help with depth at MLB. Safety is about the only thin position on the team and its my guess Miami will be trolling the FA wire in a week or so for a decent cast-off.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I just hope we're building a team that can stay atop the AFC East for the next several years, hopefully with some playoff wins and a superbowl or two mixed in. If we are going to become a dynasty, we must first become dominant over our division rivals. Right now we're in for real fight because the Patriots and Jets are getting better and we only bested the Bills by one game last year. I think the key to our success starts with winning the AFC East.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I just hope we're building a team that can stay atop the AFC East for the next several years, hopefully with some playoff wins and a superbowl or two mixed in. If we are going to become a dynasty, we must first become dominant over our division rivals. Right now we're in for real fight because the Patriots and Jets are getting better and we only bested the Bills by one game last year. I think the key to our success starts with winning the AFC East.

The Pats are still a threat but they're past their dominant years.
The Jets sqeaked into the playoffs because Indy wanted to see them there. Then they got lucky. They are far overrated.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

dolphan74 wrote:
thats why I said we are building.... not we have one...when we add high priced free agent they are still young with plenty of career in front of them... we are not just building for today!!

But this year we are playing for the final winner

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:21 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

The Pats are still a threat but they're past their dominant years.
The Jets sqeaked into the playoffs because Indy wanted to see them there. Then they got lucky. They are far overrated.

Yeah then Peyton beat the living *bleep* out of them... ahh what a great day that was.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]