View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Will Allen may not be ready for game 1 ... Sapp catching up 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Will Allen may not be ready for game 1 ... Sapp catching up
Mike Berardino wrote:
Veteran holdover Will Allen, coming off Aug. 12 cleanup surgery on his left knee, is racing the clock to be ready for the Sept. 12 opener, which is appearing less likely by the day.

Benny Sapp may be from Fort Lauderdale, but the former Boyd Anderson standout is a little busy these days as he blends into his new situation with the Miami Dolphins.

Popped into last Friday’s third preseason game against the Falcons less than 48 hours after his arrival in South Florida, the former Vikings starting cornerback is determined to learn Mike Nolan’s complex defense on the fly and make his bid to open the year as the starting nickel corner ahead of rookie Nolan Carroll.

“It’s a wild transition, but it’s fun,” says Sapp, who should get significant playing time in the nickel Thursday at Dallas. “My family’s here. I love their support and everything they’re doing for me right now, letting me focus and zero in and learn this playbook.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]