View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Greg Cote predicts 2010 NFL picture 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Greg Cote predicts 2010 NFL picture
Well, the good news in his prediction is that the AFC East will have 3 playoff teams this year. His predictions on the way the AFC East will play out actually lines up with most analysts; however, I like going into the season as an underdog. I see it differently: NE, Miami, NY, Buffalo. Thoughts?

Greg Cote wrote:
• 7. NEW YORK JETS (9-7): Rex Ryan's profane bluster and all the hype does not obscure Jets having 12 Pro Bowl position players. NYJ has talent to win AFC East if Mark Sanchez reduces the picks, and if CB Darrelle Revis' holdout ends fairly soon.

• 9. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (10-6): While top eight clearly look like playoff squads, Pats begin the bunch angling for other four berths. Mucho questions (defense, Wes Welker), but Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Randy Moss make team dangerous.

• 12. MIAMI DOLPHINS (7-9): The good news? Dolphins earn the final playoff spot if my rankings hold true. The bad news? I still have them third in the AFC East. Miami is on right track and make big additions in Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby. But so much depends on how good (or great) Chad Henne turns out to be. Defense also needs to find a way to put consistent pressure on the passer, meaning at least one of two rookies, Jared Odrick and Koa Misi, needs to have sudden impact.

• 31. BUFFALO BILLS (6-10): Miami's season-opening opponent made a smart top-draft pick in RB C.J. Spiller, but Buffs are beset by a far-below-average defense and by a QB, Trent Edwards, who gives opposing cornerbacks only sweet dreams.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/02/1 ... cture.html

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Greg Cote predicts 2010 NFL picture
Yeah let them keep thinking that the Jets will be anything more than an average team. Everyone is all focused on "12 pro bowlers"... last time I checked, pro bowls are won by fan vote, not talent on the field.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

See Cowboys

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Better yet...see redskins. By being as boastful as they are, there's now not a single easy game on their schedule. BTW....while 7-9 is a possibility for Miami...so is 11-5. I think its more likely to fall within those extreme limits rather than outside of them. If they go less than 9-7...I think the season would be a disappointment.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

i think less then 10-6 will be considered a failure.. at least by me

Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Honestly, I'm much more worried about the Bills than Jets. They are showing some seriously great offensive power. And the Jets? Just watch Hard Knocks... nuff said.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:40 pm

I think Dr. Lecters Bills are going to surprise a few teams this year. I think they'll win 6 games. I think the Patriots will be lucky to go 8-8 and I think the division will come down to Miami and the Jests. :jests:

Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]