View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Camarillo to the Vikings 

Who did better in this trade?
Miami Dolphins 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Minnesota Vikings 47%  47%  [ 14 ]
Even 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 30

Camarillo to the Vikings 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Camarillo to the Vikings
I seem to say this every time I post, but I know I haven't been on here in a long time.

Regardless, a buddy of mine with the team just told me WR Greg Camarillo is in the process of being traded to the Minnesota Vikings for a late round pick - he thinks fifth.

Just wanted to update you all. Stay tuned. This is good stuff, in my opinion, that we can now keep Moore and Turner rather than have to choose one or the other. Upside!

P.S. - Glad to see the site is doing well. Got a chance to look at some of the most recent threads and there appears to be some really good discussions going on. I truly hope I can find the time to stop by more now that the season is going on. I hope everyone on here is doing well.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Greg Camarillo traded to Vikings for CB Benny Sapp
WTF! This better be a darn good compensation we're getting....

Welcome to the 53, Marlon Moore....
Quote:
Just spoke to Greg Camarillo, confirms he's been traded to the #Vikings.

http://twitter.com/KLV760/status/22103525271

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Camarillo to the Vikings
I really don't know what to think about this.

Are the Phins in that good of a spot where they can trade WRs, when Turner, Moore and Pruitt are far from proven?

I will be the first to say Marshall brings a dynamic to this offense that we've not seen since 'Ol #13 retired, and both Hartline and Bess should take further steps forward with an improving offense, however at the same time Miami is one unforseen injury away from being right back where they were in 2009.

I'll reserve judgment, but at this stage, I'm against the move greatly.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:23 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Camarillo to the Vikings
El Tiburon wrote:
I really don't know what to think about this.

Are the Phins in that good of a spot where they can trade WRs, when Turner, Moore and Pruitt are far from proven?

I think they're in a good enough spot 1-3 where they can trade guys, sure. Your primary pass catchers are going to be Marshall, Bess, Hartline, Fasano, Martin and the RBs. Camarillo, in my opinion, brings nothing to the team anymore that Hartline and Bess don't. Therefore, you need different guys, and I think Turner and Moore have that athleticism and potential to really make a difference. For me, Camarillo was just a guy with sure hands - that's pretty much it.

Not trying to downplay his contributions in the past - just saying.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:28 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Greg Camarillo traded to Vikings
Phins Rock wrote:

Quote:

darn good compensation? Well if you don't consider a late round pick (5th, probably 6th) to be good then start crying now lol. I'm ok with this move... makes sense for the team.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am

IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Quote:

darn good compensation? Well if you don't consider a late round pick (5th, probably 6th) to be good then start crying now lol. I'm ok with this move... makes sense for the team.

Makes sense?? Marlon Moore/Patrick Turner is now our 4th WR.

Again, we better have gotten something good. Camarillo was a perfect 4th WR for this team. This sucks man....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 am

Right now the word is that Miami is getting a CB in return.....this does not mean good things for Will Allen.

EDIT: Reports are that he was traded for corner Benny Sapp.

This sucks.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 am

Phins Rock wrote:
Right now the word is that Miami is getting a CB in return.....this does not mean good things for Will Allen.

This sucks.

Idk who Benny Sapp is... but your homerism is showing hardcore. Camarillo was an average WR for this team and he couldn't stay healthy... what do you want for him? Peyton Manning?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 am

IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

This sucks.

Idk who Benny Sapp is... but your homerism is showing hardcore. Camarillo was an average WR for this team and he couldn't stay healthy... what do you want for him? Peyton Manning?

A coverage LB....a decent draft pick....not a 5'9 CB that's horrible and that the Vikings have tried to unload for years.

Rick Spielmen screws the Dolphins again...

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 am

Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

This sucks.

A coverage LB....a decent draft pick....not a 5'9 CB that's horrible and that the Vikings have tried to unload for years.

Rick Spielmen screws the Dolphins again...

Lol none of that is even official yet... the only thing that is official is that the trade happened. Our compensation is still unknown.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Darn, I talked about it on Phinfever Live just this week....I had a feeling he wasn't gonna make the team...

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I hate seeing Camarillo go as much as others, he has been more than reliable when healthy and playing and has some great hands.

But he was essentially replaced last year when they drafted Hartline, and when Hartline won the job Camarillo became dispensable...

Hopefully we get something of equal value or better...

The Vikes need a WR with the recent injury to their starter... We should have the better end of the deal. Unless of coarse they were planning on releasing Greg before the season starts...

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

The Hen wrote:
Darn, I talked about in on Phinfever Live just this week....I had a feeling he wasn't gonna make the team...

Yep, you sure did. You and Rich thought Greg might not be with the team and I was the lone Wolf that thought he was fine.

Benny Sapp is a sevicalbe player.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:
Dolphins acquired CB Benny Sapp from the Vikings in exchange for WR Greg Camarillo.

Sapp had fallen behind Asher Allen in the race for the nickel back job, and he was due to earn $1.4 million as the Vikings' No. 5 corner. He doesn't offer much more than experience and depth for a young Dolphins secondary.

Rotoworld.com

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would have preffered a draft pick.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

TheCarver13 wrote:
Quote:
Dolphins acquired CB Benny Sapp from the Vikings in exchange for WR Greg Camarillo.

Sapp had fallen behind Asher Allen in the race for the nickel back job, and he was due to earn $1.4 million as the Vikings' No. 5 corner. He doesn't offer much more than experience and depth for a young Dolphins secondary.

Rotoworld.com

I guess getting something for him is better than just releasing him?

:???

guess thats why I am here, and they are there

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:21 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Sorry...just don't agree with this. Benny Sapp??? Did we get a bag of footballs too? Camarillo was Henne's goto guy last season. When Miami needed a catch, Camarillo was the guy. I'm having visions of Hartlines 3rd down drop last week on the opening drive. I guess having two guys who catch everything that touches their hands is a bad thing. Too bad.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:23 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Sorry...just don't agree with this. Benny Sapp??? Did we get a bag of footballs too? Camarillo was Henne's goto guy last season. When Miami needed a catch, Camarillo was the guy. I'm having visions of Hartlines 3rd down drop last week on the opening drive. I guess having two guys who catch everything that touches their hands is a bad thing. Too bad.

My thoughts exactly.

We better have gotten a draft pick.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:26 am

La Canfora is reporting just Sapp as well.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings made their second move in two days to shore up their wide receiving group, acquiring veteran wideout Greg Camarillo from the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday in exchange for cornerback Benny Sapp, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Sapp's agent, Andy Simms, confirmed via his Twitter account that Sapp had been traded to the Dolphins.

Camarillo, 28, is coming off a season in which he had 50 receptions for 552 yards while playing all 16 games. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound fifth-year veteran's most productive season came in 2008, when he had 55 catches for 613 yards and two touchdowns.

Sapp, 29, is entering his seventh season and has been a durable spot starter and special teams player. The 5-9, 190-pounder has played in 86 of a possible 96 regular-season games during his NFL career.

On Tuesday, the Vikings signed free-agent receiver Javon Walker after it was announced that Pro Bowl receiver Sidney Rice will miss at least eight weeks after having hip surgery.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 am

I guess the other indictment being handed down is the braintrust isn't happy with the nickle back role.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

We better have gotten a draft pick.

I am just assuming they had plans of cutting him when we cut down to the 53 man...

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:54 am
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

this move makes little sense to me. why trade a guy who was productive on the field for one that isn't? greg had 50 receptions last year. I've never heard of benny crapp. lets just say it was to free up space for both pat turner and marlon moore while adding db help. you now go from having the same guy in camarillo and hartline to having the same guy in turner and moore, as well as getting a db that aint really any better than the ones already on the roster. way to go braintrust. or should i say braindistrust :boo:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Seems Vikings fans aren't too happy with this trade either... here are a couple of the comments from them on NFL.com:

Quote:
They already signed javon walker why would they give up a shutdown corner for another reciever?????

Quote:
Benny Sapp is a MAJOR loss. What the H E L L is the front office thinking???

Quote:
sapp was a great hitter a reliable guy we dont need twenty recievers to fill piercy and sid, how about we just run only with A.P and toby

Ok I won't lie to you completely, there were a lot of vikings fans who were happy to get rid of Sapp and get Camarillo... but at least these comments can make you smile

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

mikey wrote:
this move makes little sense to me. why trade a guy who was productive on the field for one that isn't? greg had 50 receptions last year. I've never heard of benny crapp. lets just say it was to free up space for both pat turner and marlon moore while adding db help. you now go from having the same guy in camarillo and hartline to having the same guy in turner and moore, as well as getting a db that aint really any better than the ones already on the roster. way to go braintrust. or should i say braindistrust :boo:

I can hardly see "the same guy" scenario for Moore and Turner... They are two different types of WR, one is 6' 6" 220, the other is 6' 0" 190... Moore is essentially the same as Camarillo.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 pm

One called him a shutdown corner, another spelled hell with 7 characters and another suggested to run the ball on every snap and can't spell Percy. I would call into question the knowledge of your sources, PZ. :ann0y:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Here is a youtube clip of the vikings D. Sapp is #22. His only highlight is a nice hit at the 2:41 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0vxc5268Ws

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Phins Rock wrote:
One called him a shutdown corner, another spelled hell with 7 characters and another suggested to run the ball on every snap and can't spell Percy. I would call into question the knowledge of your sources, PZ. :ann0y:

Just trying to add some cheer there PR... don't ruin it for the other kids!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:42 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

10acjed wrote:
mikey wrote:

I can hardly see "the same guy" scenario for Moore and Turner... They are two different types of WR, one is 6' 6" 220, the other is 6' 0" 190... Moore is essentially the same as Camarillo.

i had production so far in the preseason in mind when i said that. the fact that there is room for both moore and turner to make the roster is the only thing i like about this trade. i just wish it wasn't at the expense of greg camarillo's production

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

So much for Camarillo getting the #2 job. He wasn't even going to make the team apparently. Knew it was Hartlines job to lose.

Anyway.. Welcome to the team Moore and Turner.

Farewell Greg. You were a solid team player while here. Good luck. You'll be missed.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Anyone else think this Sapp move is to help improve our horrible Kick Coverage we've seen these first 2 preseason games?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

IamPZ wrote:
Anyone else think this Sapp move is to help improve our horrible Kick Coverage we've seen these first 2 preseason games?

About 75% of it I would say.... Who was that guy that blew coverage on those 2 blocks? Yeah, him. He should be verry worried...

THis is the most discouraging part of it all...

Quote:
As for the receivers with the best hands? Five players were not registered with a single drop, including Greg Camarillo (73 targets)

That guy will be facing our somewhat questionable secondary this year with Brett Favre throwing him the ball :embarrassed:

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:50 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think it's a smart move, we are actually looking DEEP at WR now. The secondary was more of a concern to me.

I would like to thank Greg for that OT catch vs. Baltimore preventing us from losing EVERY game in 2007!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:07 pm

For those of you holding out hope.....

Quote:
Sparano made the point that for the trade to be finalized CB Bennie Sapp has to pas his physical, and the same goes for Greg Camarillo.

http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm
Profile YIM
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

That kinda stinks, Greg had pretty solid hands and he was consistent. I would have preferred a draft pick for comp though; I have a feeling this CB won't even make the roster.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Those running their mouths about Benny Sapp obviously don't know what you're talking about. Trying to get rid of him for years? He's played TWO seasons in Minnesota.

Is the guy a Pro Bowler? No. But he stepped nicely into the Vikes nickel back spot back last season and stepped up when Antoine Winfield got nicked up, I think he started like seven games. Sapp provides us with a veteran nickel corner in case Will Allen isn't back yet and will provide us with a nice dime corner when Allen returns. He fills the same role Nate Jones did last season, but he's better on special teams.

Greg Camarillo is beloved on this board for ONE play he made in 2007. He runs as fast as I do and there are two other receivers with his skill set ahead of him on the depth chart.

I, for one, think its a solid trade.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dont like this trade 1 bit ,the best sure handed receiver we had for a washed up journey man 4th corner [imo]
just out right sucks!!!

looks like w allen is on PUP or getting cut ,that sucks aswell!!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

MNDolfan wrote:

Greg Camarillo is beloved on this board for ONE play he made in 2007. He runs as fast as I do and there are two other receivers with his skill set ahead of him on the depth chart.

I dont think I am alone in feeling that is a bit far fetched. Camarillo was solid in 08 before getting hurt, and as I posted above caught 100% of the balls thrown to him last year.

He is loved for more than 1 catch. The kid won a few games for us with his 3rd down catches alone...

That being said, this trade does make sense being we drafted Hartline, who essentially beat Camarillo out for the job. So Cam was probably not going to make the final cut, and we need help at CB...

But he was way more than a one catch memory for me....

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You gotta love the homerism around here when people think our #4 WR is worth more than a 5th round pick.
And you gotta love the homerism of that Vike fan when he calls their #4 CB a "shutdown corner" LOL

Bye Camarillo. Thanks for the heart, the effort and bringing about our lone win a couple of years ago.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:10 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

degs wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish!

LOL. Great movie.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dumb. He'll score twice on us in week 2.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next