All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:32 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Whew. I was worried for a while there when Steve Smith crapped all over Josh Rosen prior to the draft. Now, he's giving the Dolphins an "A" due to getting Rosen. All those sleepless nights I had.

:haha

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:30 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The steal of the draft was actually a trade.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So much for getting a quality insider's take during the draft. Nothing like a flip flop to either hide your true feelings or follow the company line of no negativity.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:43 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

jammer wrote:
So much for getting a quality insider's take during the draft. Nothing like a flip flop to either hide your true feelings or follow the company line of no negativity.

Or maybe he realized what a hypocrite he was for calling out Josh Rosen for unfriending the Cardinals on Instagram when he did worse when the Panthers started looking to replace him.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

People respect somebody that has no hesitation speaking their mind...when they’re right and on point... but when you start barking as loud as Smith was on about Rosen’s bad character, you just look like an ignorant ***. When you speak words that heavy about someone, you better be right or you are going to come out looking worse than the guy you were trashing on national television.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:04 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Good point Rich. Hypocrite

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:19 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

Or maybe he realized what a hypocrite he was for calling out Josh Rosen for unfriending the Cardinals on Instagram when he did worse when the Panthers started looking to replace him.

As much as I agree he is a hypocrite (and admit I didn't know about his reactions when he made his remarks), he doesn't strike me as the type to admit when he is wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:01 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Steve Smith is the biggest hypocrite around. Always crying about the lack of respect he's gotten over the years, but he sure doesn't mind not giving it. His rant on Rosen unfriending the Cardinals from instagram after it was clear they were moving on from him was out of line. "The only thing he'll get on this stage is a free ass-whupping"? Really? Note to NFL Network: this is the kind of crap that drove many viewers away from ESPN.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The only "talking head" I pay attention to is Papi.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

carreramia wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't even know who that is.

Anyway, how do you feel about Rosen?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Relive1972 wrote:
carreramia wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't even know who that is.

Anyway, how do you feel about Rosen?

Papi? Oh my.....he's world renowned, he's on daily on ESPN at 4.30pm. Check him out.

After the dust settled on draft day and the trade I grew to like the idea. My thinking b4 was, if he failed in AZ, why would he be an option here? Then, taking into consideration the cost and the fact that the kid was thrown to the wolves in AZ with a pea shooter for a weapon, 22 yr old, change in coordinators, the pressure of a losing team....he may be very salvegable and the cost is minimal both in the pick used and the minimal salary for 3 years.

The baggage I'd heard on him he is/was arrogant, and maybe the AZ experience knocked that out of him and he'll come here having learned a lot about himself, how the league demands things from a front line QB that maybe he had no clue about and had to learn it the hard way, and mostlty, that he'll be humble, work his butt off to show everyone..... yada, yada.

I sure hope Flores puts enough of a team together to let Rosen play this year as the no. 1 without getting the kid killed. With Fitz there to help him, maybe we can find out before the 2020 draft if Rosen is the guy moving fwd or not.

If Tua or someone promises to be all world in the NFL and we have the top pick, I would take that guy, if not, and there isn't a Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White coming out, we can trade down and acquire more picks in 2020 and another no. 1 in 2021.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

OK, that why I've never heard of Papi (except for the wine). I haven't watched ESPN in years, except for the rare occasion Miami plays on Monday night.

As for Rosen, I can see him developing a huge chip on his shoulder, much like the one brady has carried for years. The Cardinals had the worst OL in the league last season, and very little offensive talent. It's next to impossible to judge any QB's abilities under those circumstances.

In Miami, Rosen will have better weapons to work with, and hopefully an OL at least marginally improved from the past few seasons. I'm somewhat optimistic.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Relive1972 wrote:
The Cardinals had the worst OL in the league last season, and very little offensive talent. It's next to impossible to judge any QB's abilities under those circumstances.

In Miami, Rosen will have better weapons to work with, and hopefully an OL at least marginally improved from the past few seasons. I'm somewhat optimistic.

Yup. He had a HORRID OL in AZ. That unit ranked 32/32. Miami will be an instant upgrade of protection for the young gun coming in at 31/32 according to last season’s rankings. He should be on his knees thanking & praising Grier, Flores, Ross & the boys for the opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:49 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well, if Gase were still here, he wouldn't have much to look forward to as far as protection. At least Flores' staff seems to understand the importance of having a good OL. Hopefully Deiter will come in and have an instant impact at LG. I still say the main reason Miami made the playoffs in 2016 was because they had Tunsil at LG.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]