All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:37 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Understanding the "why" is good. Something tells me that O'Shea needs to be smart or he'll get called out.

Cameron Wolfe wrote:
The power of "why" is important for Rosen, and early indications show Dolphins coaches are encouraging their young quarterback to ask questions about anything and everything. That could be huge news for Rosen and his development.

"I want my players to want to know the why. I think in order to get a player to really believe in what he's doing, he should know why," coach Brian Flores said. "I think that's coaching. If players don't ask why, they should be asking why. Is it through doing what we ask them to do? Yes. Should they ask why they're doing it so they can believe in a little bit more? I think so. I've always kind of challenged my players to ask why. I challenge my coaches to be able to give them an answer as to why."

Rosen said Tuesday he "appreciates" being part of an organization where that mindset is prevalent.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_ ... -questions

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:57 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I can't help but wonder what answers Tannehill got when he asked "why"?

I am an optimist and somewhat of a homer, but it seems so far that this coaching staff will have our players much better prepared...but it's early and of course the proof is in the pudding.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]