All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:19 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's to be expected which is why when a new coach comes in with a job of rebuilding (not tanking), they like to go with younger players who haven't been spoiled by softer previous regimes. Gase was a player's coach, so, the word out of OTAs is that Coach Flores is much tougher and more demanding.

Barry Jackson wrote:
▪ A close associate of several Dolphins say the feedback has been that these coaches are more demanding and some players are liking it, but some aren’t adjusting as well as others. It’s an old-school mentality, to be sure.

▪ The player feedback on Flores, both publicly and privately, has been very positive. His intensity is what resonates, Harris said. “Every time he comes in, he’s on time, he’s intense,” Harris said.

And there’s this: Harris said “every day he gives you a takeaway on how he exemplifies himself as a man. He’s not just teaching us football, but he’s teaching us life skills. I think that’s the biggest thing. Teaching guys about being mature and how every single practice really does matter and how every day of your life matters.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:19 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Hmm... I think it should be titled "Some Dolphins aren't adjusting well to "old-school mentality".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:13 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sounds very similar to Nick Saban's treatment of WannSHCLEP'S sympathizers. Notice a lot of them didn't make it to training camp. They were pissed that they lost their country club passes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Coach Flo is a beast instead of heading to Nick Saban memorial bubble they practiced in the rain. : )

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]