All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:45 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

If anyone is surprised at this you need to get a reality scan. I don't expect Rosen to start for a while, and let's not forget that Patrick Mahomes was throwing interceptions right and left last year into the preseason ... and that was with a year into the Chiefs system.

Barry Jackson wrote:
As has been the case in the three previous practices that were open to reporters, Fitzpatrick took the first snaps with the starters in team drills. And as has been the case in those previous practices, Fitzpatrick appeared to have the better day.

The same couldn’t be said for Josh Rosen, who threw an interception to Jalen Davis in the end zone that might have been returned 100-plus yards for a touchdown if this were a game. It marked the third time in four practices open to the media that Rosen threw a red-zone interception. That’s uncharacteristic of him, considering he threw seven touchdowns and no interceptions in the red zone for the Arizona Cardinals in games last season.

Rosen made some nice throws during practice — many of his passes were dump-offs or short patterns — and appears to have at least somewhat improved his accuracy on sideline throws. (Rosen’s accuracy in the middle of the field is generally very good.)

He also threw a well-placed pass to Parker in the corner of the end zone for a touchdown in red-zone drills. But Rosen’s deep ball to Preston Williams got caught up in the wind before Chris Lammons was called for pass interference on the play.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:56 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

He will be fine. This is a good time to take your lumps.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:19 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Yeah he is just probably failing forward fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Yeah he is just probably failing forward fast.

:))

We may have to write a book on the stupid things that coaches thought we would believe.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:10 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Day 2 of mandatory minicamp and 'Mando is keeping score. Why not? It's not every year the Dolphins have a QB competition. Fitzpatrick is practicing very well, but we know his history. He can get cold in a hurry and the INTs accumulate.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Both quarterbacks end the day with three touchdown passes, but obviously the Fitzpatricks have been more explosive (and luckier based on that improbable tipped TD).

Rosen finishes this day completing 15 of 24 passes for 143 yards against the Dolphins’ second-team defense. He throws three touchdowns and one interception and his passer rating is a commendable 101.2.

The problem for Rosen is he’s being compared to Fitzpatrick. And Fitzpatrick this day completes 21 of 28 passes for 350 yards. Fitzpatrick has three TD passes of 70, 74 and 65 yards and doesn’t throw an interception.

Fitzpatrick’s quarterback rating in team periods against the first-string Miami defense is 152.4.

He wins the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Barry Jackson wrote:
Speaking of his former teammate Josh Rosen, Arizona running back David Johnson told Sirius XM’s Mad Dog radio last week: “Like I’ve been telling everyone, I think he’s going to be one of the most dominant quarterbacks in this league.”

The fact former teammates have spoken in glowing terms about Rosen is encouraging, but the Dolphins need to see a lot more than what he displayed in offseason practices, which wasn’t awful but hardly excellent, either.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]