View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins continue to shuffle roster, deal with injurie 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins continue to shuffle roster, deal with injurie
Quote:
DAVIE — In the last three days, the Dolphins have waived four trusty veterans, signed five new players with a total of seven years of NFL experience, demoted a starter and practiced without their cornerstone left tackle.

And offensive lineman Vernon Carey sees nothing unusual about this.

"Man, that's the Dolphins," said Carey, entering his seventh season in Miami. "We're always trying to get the right 53. I've been through, what, nine guards in seven years? I'm used to it."

Coach Tony Sparano and his bosses spent the weekend "flipping over rocks," as Sparano called it, in search of the best players for his roster.

Despite the recent upheaval, Sparano said he is not worried about his team, which has talked publicly about expecting to reach the Super Bowl this year.

"I'm very confident heading into Week 1. I really am," Sparano said.

"The bottom half of the roster is going to continue to turn until we get the right people that we feel like should be in the building, and that doesn't have anything to do with confidence. That has to do with trying to put together the best guys you could put together out there."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... s_dolphins

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Miami Dolphins continue to shuffle roster, deal with injurie
Im glad someone is confident going into week one :embarrassed:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:04 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

THe key word is the bottom half of the roster. These guys are situational players that do not contribute that much. The on'y starter benched is Seab SMith I presume. He will see nickel time and it's to light a fire under is butt. He will be starting by week 4 (i hope).

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:52 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
THe key word is the bottom half of the roster. These guys are situational players that do not contribute that much. The on'y starter benched is Seab SMith I presume. He will see nickel time and it's to light a fire under is butt. He will be starting by week 4 (i hope).

I dont know what I hope anymore.. I always liked smith, his size and athleticism really caught me during that draft and I was thrilled when he actually was picked by us.
But he seems to get burned a bit too much for a CB, maybe he will advance a bit because of this.

But maybe J Allen will finally embrace the spotlight and take full advantage of this opportunity...

Some of the moves are fine with me, others seem strange... I dont know if we brough Martin in to give him a good look, or maybe they felt a bit guilty and gave him a chance to get some eyes turned his way...

I just got to wonder about guys like Thomas, who at one point in time was the next big thing, then he just faded away, got beat for the starting job last year, but played in every game, now he is released...
Was his injury that bad?

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]