View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 I'am worried .............and I explain why ! 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post I'am worried .............and I explain why !
Hello every dolfans !

1/ too many moves in this past week (and please don't tell me our team is better now than before all moves made with guys picked up.........ie of clifton smith and perhaps carpenter)............that seems to be made in urgency..........and urgency is never good JMO !

2/ It seems to me that our biggest problem (DB) isn't erased

3/ Parcells tell us 4 days before opening that he step down !!!!!!!!!!!

..............too many informations and moves in the wrong way at the least moment.

I hope I'am wrong but I think we beggin to see the first and second desagreement in the trifecta perfect harmony.......and at the least moment.

I really hope I'am wrong.

GO DOLPHINS GO !

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:15 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: I'am worried .............and I explain why !
We brought in one of the best D coords in the NFL

We brought in one of the best ILB's in the NFL (if you ask him he is THE best LB period)

We brought in one of the best WR in the NFL...

If you focus on the negative its easy to pick any decision apart...

Parcels role has not seemed to change from what I have heard/read, he is still there doing the same thing he was doing Monday....

Have hope, these guys are trying to build a great team, not just add names....

Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:28 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The cuts and signs are not starters. Calm down...every corporation should be looking to replace their bottom 10%. We know what we have with Grove, Cam, Anderson, ETC. Injuries, consistancy, speed, ETC all contribute to the fact that these guys aren't that good. The players that have replaced them at least have some upside. Remember, we are cutting and signing backup players plain and simple.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

So Benny Sapp and Nolan Carroll are now better than Will Allen? You know, while I still think this teams starters are some of the best in the division, our OL and secondary are thin in depth. Also, while in Parsparano I trust, they're not without fault. Roth was a huge mistake. Period. End of statement. The list is significant and these aren't just guys who were backups.

Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

Look I support Sparano and hope these things work out, But Sparano is really going out on a limb because if this team doesn't produce this year because one of the positions above fails miserably, a lot of folks are going to be calling for his head due to these moves.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:04 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So Benny Sapp and Nolan Carroll are now better than Will Allen?

Who said that? Will is hurt, not cut.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

Satele couldn't move a bag, Thomas was clearly bipolar in his play, Grove couldn't stay healthy and Anderson never did anything worth mentioning.
Aside from Roth's groin injury, Roth and Camarillo are the only two that are questionable moves.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yep...the revolving door goes round and round. Don't worry though, all those guys floating around to be signed at this stage of the season are clearly the right guys for the job :yay:

Money seems to be a bigger motivator these days in the decision making....and how can you blame the owners? Times are tough, even for the NFL....

I was giddy when we signed Marshall, but now I wonder whether it will matter? The interior of the line is not playing well. The running game has been bad. Henne and the receivers don't all seem to be on the same page...and stupid penalties and dropped passes point to a lack of focus. We have one guy who has demonstrated a consistent ability to rush the passer and our secondary is still questionable. I just watched the Vikings hold the Saints to 14 points....and they will have extra time to prepare for Miami. Who knows though? Maybe it will be the ultimate bluff hand of all time and the team will come out on fire in Buffalo??

Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Deep breath, now exhale...the Dolphins haven't even taken the field yet for a regular season game.

Do you know how many teams turned their bottom half of the roster over and cut veterans in the last week? All of them!

As for the secondary concern, just remember that Mike Nolan kept his defense extremely vanilla in the preseason without any unique blitz packages. And the offense, they ran basic sets and while I mostly hate it, the Wildcat wasn't even used to churn out a big play.

Once the running game gets going it will open up the play action for Henne and you will see an offense that can produce some points and victories. Once the defense opens up the complete playbook you will see a squad that will challenge teams, not get rolled over consistently.

Don't expect a Super Bowl or unreal results, but expect a competitive squad that will give us fans some good games to watch.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 am

Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

Satele couldn't move a bag, Thomas was clearly bipolar in his play, Grove couldn't stay healthy and Anderson never did anything worth mentioning.
Aside from Roth's groin injury, Roth and Camarillo are the only two that are questionable moves.

Satele was a second year player who bummed up his shoulder and he gets judged because he played with 1 arm most of the season. We traded Satele to pick up Grove. Now that Grove has proven to be a bust, the Satele move has to be called into question as well. Anderson played well for this team when given the opportunity to start last year.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

Satele was a second year player who bummed up his shoulder and he gets judged because he played with 1 arm most of the season. We traded Satele to pick up Grove. Now that Grove has proven to be a bust, the Satele move has to be called into question as well. Anderson played well for this team when given the opportunity to start last year.

I don't agree. Satele was never anything special. He didn't fit the mold of a smash mouth o-line. He'd be alright with a team like the Colts, but not in Miami. You can't call that into question simply because the guy they brought in to replace him was crap as well.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:24 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

NFLJunkie wrote:
Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

All either injury prone (unreliable) or in Anderson's case, nothing special.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:46 pm

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Yep...the revolving door goes round and round. Don't worry though, all those guys floating around to be signed at this stage of the season are clearly the right guys for the job :yay:

Money seems to be a bigger motivator these days in the decision making....and how can you blame the owners? Times are tough, even for the NFL....

I was giddy when we signed Marshall, but now I wonder whether it will matter? The interior of the line is not playing well. The running game has been bad. Henne and the receivers don't all seem to be on the same page...and stupid penalties and dropped passes point to a lack of focus. We have one guy who has demonstrated a consistent ability to rush the passer and our secondary is still questionable. I just watched the Vikings hold the Saints to 14 points....and they will have extra time to prepare for Miami. Who knows though? Maybe it will be the ultimate bluff hand of all time and the team will come out on fire in Buffalo??

All that needs to be said to these types of posts is that it was the preseason. The Dolphins are 0-0 and no one knows how well they are going to do. Save the negativity for when you actually have something to be negative about, like oh I don't know... a loss?

We don't have any of those yet last I checked.

It's always easy to be negative. If you're right you can pound your chest about your ability to prognosticate. If you're wrong, nobody will remember because they will be too happy with the wins to bother with you.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:52 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:

Sorry but Satele just wasn't that good. He's a mediocre center, decent in pass protection, not the best run blocker, and can't handle big nose tackles, like Wilfork and Kris Jenkins.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Sampson Satele
Matt Roth
Donald Thomas
Jake Grove
Charlie Anderson
Greg Camarillo

All either injury prone (unreliable) or in Anderson's case, nothing special.

Camarillo only had the ACL and then was nicked during preseason...and Roth just had the groin...idk if that constitutes injury prone.
When I think injury prone, I think Ronnie Brown

Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:57 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Sorry but Satele just wasn't that good. He's a mediocre center, decent in pass protection, not the best run blocker, and can't handle big nose tackles, like Wilfork and Kris Jenkins.

Wasn't he a first year player when Miami got rid of him. Either that or year two. Satele was excellent on sweeps and pulling. He was excellent in pass protection. His weakness was run blocking in the trenches. You'd think a couple of years of conditioning and training could fix that.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]