View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 CB Jason Allen on the spot vs Bills 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post CB Jason Allen on the spot vs Bills
I'm really happy for Jason and I hope he does a good job. Can you imagine that he becomes a success and the Dolphins have Davis, Allen, and Sean Smith on the field? To me, Jason Allen has the personality of what Mike Nolan is putting together on our defense: big play ability, but also big play risks.

Ethan Skolnick wrote:
Jason Allen, CB: This goes without saying, doesn’t it? Tony Sparano has tried to frame the debate in a positive way, that we’ve all been waiting for the 2006 first-rounder to turn the corner, and now Allen has. This is a great platform to prove it. The Bills have only one proven receiver, in Lee Evans, and Vontae Davis will draw that duty most of the time. Can Allen shut down the other side? If not, Sean Smith will get back in there before long and, if he fails, the Will Allen decision will come back to haunt.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_se ... unday.html

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: CB Jason Allen on the spot vs Bills
If Allen somehow pans out, and Clemons struggles, I am officially on the Sean Smith to FS bandwagon. He's too good for that, but it does you no good to have 3 outside corners who are starting caliber if one can't play in the slot, which none can, (maybe Vontae in the future, but I doubt it). It also saves you money down the road when Smith needs/wants a new deal.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lee Evans is clearly their best receiver....but I think Spiller coming out of the backfield....or being lined up as wide receiver....or motioning out of the backfield to a wide receiver spot....he is the weapon to be worried about. If we end up with a linebacker on Spiller, then bad things will follow.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:00 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Big Dave wrote:
I'm really happy for Jason and I hope he does a good job. Can you imagine that he becomes a success and the Dolphins have Davis, Allen, and Sean Smith on the field? To me, Jason Allen has the personality of what Mike Nolan is putting together on our defense: big play ability, but also big play risks.

Ethan Skolnick wrote:
Jason Allen, CB: This goes without saying, doesn’t it? Tony Sparano has tried to frame the debate in a positive way, that we’ve all been waiting for the 2006 first-rounder to turn the corner, and now Allen has. This is a great platform to prove it. The Bills have only one proven receiver, in Lee Evans, and Vontae Davis will draw that duty most of the time. Can Allen shut down the other side? If not, Sean Smith will get back in there before long and, if he fails, the Will Allen decision will come back to haunt.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_se ... unday.html

I agree Dave. When Allen has played on gameday, he's held his own. I've often wondered why he was never the starter but now we'll get the chance to see. My personal feeling is you're correct. Nolan will probably give up a few, but in the process will gain a few.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]