View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 Bill Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Bill Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 10, 2010 7:31 PM ET
A training camp that started sunny in Miami has given way to an increasing number of dark clouds over the Dolphins franchise. Add this comment from NFL.com's Vic Carucci to the mix:

"I will say, for whatever weight this carries, that Bill Parcells is very disappointed in [Chad Henne]," Carucci said on WEEI on Friday. "But that's not what made Bill resign his position or anything."

Unfortunately, the show's hosts cut Carucci off with jokes before the listeners could learn more, but the point was made. Carucci is tight with Parcells, and you can be sure those concerns extend throughout the upper brass of the organization.

There have been other red flags for Miami over the last month. Parcells abruptly left. Much-hyped rookie linebacker Koa Misi lost his starting job. Cornerback Sean Smith lost his job to Jason Allen. The offensive line is unsettled.

None of these issues are backbreakers; it's only the preseason. But they combine to make a team that should be on the rise enter the season with a lot of bad vibes.

Henne's development is the key. He slogged through an inconsistent preseason and training camp, dimming some of my optimism that the Dolphins were going to be a playoff team this year.

I still think Henne can be a very good NFL starter. But Carucci's statements make you wonder whether we'll going to hear more columns touting Chad Pennington for the starting job if the Dolphins start slowly.

The Link
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... had-henne/

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:31 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Bills Parcells reportedly "disappointed" in Chad Henne
I didn't think Henne looked all that bad. Seems that the receivers had the "drops". That coupled with the o-line not opening holes is what causes me concern this preseason.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:36 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Yeah, Im sure Parcels calls all his buddy's up and talks about the dolphins players....

:hithead:

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Henne has looked shaky at best. We'll see this season, but he must throw more tds than picks. That is a telling stat, see Fiedler.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not his fault the recievers can't catch the balls that are pounding them in the chest.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne hasn't looked good at all really. That is not to say that he won't have a good season, I'm just evaluating him based on his performance thus far in preseason. We will see, we will see.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:00 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Henne will kick him soon :)

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

1 EFFING YEAR! Can someone create a "Spitting from Disgust" smiley?

& that can go for about half of these other articles & post about Henne

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

First off this is motivational stuff.

Second. Some might not remember this. The '94 Preseason Marino coming off his Achilles injury looked horrible. Question were plenty.

Marino ended game one with 473 Yds passing, 5 Tds including a 4th & 5 Yd strike to Fryar to win the game in the final minutes. Finished the season with 4453 Yds, 30 Tds.

This in not to say Henne is Marino, but until the games count then I truly do not concern myself with what happens on the field.

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Dphins4me wrote:
First off this is motivational stuff.

If true I think it would have to be... How else could you take it??

Cause if BP is "disappointed" in the development of a QB who is starting his first NFL season, then I am very happy the guy stepped down, cause he is obviously senile and loosing his marbles..

After all, a football guru and legend that is renowned for keeping a tight lip on things is now suddenly out n about talking crap about his own players, something is wrong there...

Maybe jabba the Ryan has started rubbing off on him... Next he will be on TV spouting profanity and predicting an undefeated season...
:fart:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:29 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Personally, I like Henne, but he had better take the next step this season or we may very well see the Henne experiment over. He has all the physical tools to be really good, but he has to make the correct decisions to push the ball down the field.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

By the way, who is the "source" spilling the beans? I can't imagine anyone speaking for Parcells knowing it will make it out to the media.l

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

I don't buy it one bit. How can Parcells be "very upset" with Chad Henne over Pre Season performance? And it's not like he played badly...

Not buying it. I'm surprised WEEI didn't gouge more info out of him. Usually they rip Miami any chance they get. Lol.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:08 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
Not buying it.

Carucci probably overheard Parcells riding Henne in practice (as he does all of his quarterbacks ... ask Phil Simms).

Henne needs to step it up. We lost a number of games at the end of last season and the first team offense didn't impress much in the preseason ... even against backups.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:22 am
Profile WWW

I think its time for Parcells to go back to the broadcast booth & this is not a knock on him. I always got the feeling when he coached the Giants he thought of them (this is players in general) as disciplined men who listened , took the game very seriously & wanted to win. I just got the feeling now he thinks of players as whiny kids who play for the pay rather than the love of the game & who really dont have much of a desire to learn & perfect their craft.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:52 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Personally, I like Henne, but he had better take the next step this season or we may very well see the Henne experiment over.
Which is a perfect example to the people who still whine about Wanny not taking Bress. Brees sucked his 1st 3 YRs. If Miami will be ready to move on from Henne if he does not set the NFL on fire this year after 23 games, then why would they expected Miami to have stuck with Brees for 3 Yrs.

I do not expect Henne to be a Super Bowl caliber QB. He will still make bad decisions. All QBs do. Did he improve is what I'm looking for. Miami is not a SB team, but I'm not expecting it.

Big Dave wrote:
He has all the physical tools to be really good, but he has to make the correct decisions to push the ball down the field.
Is his overall game better to where one would expect 2011 to be a year he become an upper echelon QB.

Comparison

Aikman Yr 2 stating - 11 Tds - 18 Int - 2579 Yds - QB Rating 66.6

Speaking of Aikman. How in the heck is he in the HOF with 165 TDs & 141 Ints? Proof that being a Qb on 3 SB winning teams get you into the HOF whether or not you deserve it.

Flacco Yr 2 Starting - 21 Tds - 12 Ints - 3613 Yds - QB Rating 88.9
Ryan Yr 2 Starting - 22 Tds - 14 Ints - 2916 Yds - QB Rating 80.9

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
jabba the Ryan
lol

Anyone remember Bill Parcell's leaving practice when he was so disgusted with the Jets. Or, how about the Territa Glenn comments. The guy speaks through the media to players. Personally, Henne is a young QB but it is disappointing to see him miss wide open guys down the field or not take advantage of Bmarsh in single coverage. He has to do that to be successful. If he's holding his cards to his chest, fine. My feeling is that the whole BMarsh signing was to eliminate the WRs as a reason for not having a good passing attack. So if Henne faulters badly in the early season, I'm wondering how long of a leash he might have. You not only have Pennington but you also have Thigpen who outplayed both of them in the preseason.

BTW....faltering badly would be taking a step back from last season versus showing improvement.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Take it all with a grain of salt. Persoanlly I don't care what Parcells says or thinks. For that matter who knows what context it may have been said in and whether or not it was to push Henne. I care what I see on the field during the season when it counts.

I think Henne will be fine and progress as the season goes.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:38 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Parcells abruptly left because he realized the players he drafted suck? What a leap in logic on this guy's part...

Sean Smith has been playing poopy, so they sit him....a good coaching decision. Does that mean Smith sucks? No, he was just playing poorly after starting 16 games last year.
Henne hasn't done anything to be a disappointment. Where that comes from is beyond me.

As for the offensive line, they drafted Jerry and signed Incognito, Proctor and Berger. They traded for McQuistin. A lot of new faces....let them gel and let them play.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:10 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

The more I (We) dislike Parcells the easier the break up will be.....

;)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:17 pm

10acjed wrote:
The more I (We) dislike Parcells the easier the break up will be.....

;)

well said & that seems to be the status quo for both players & coaches around here. We love em when we aquire them & then start the trashing when they are gone.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Unnecessary panic in Phinfeverland.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It'll be ok...

Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

We always use the Brees comparison. How about Aaron Rodgers? Spent 05,06,07 and 08 riding the pine. Went through long stretches where he was trade bait or a possible cut. Serious questions were asked about his ability to be an NFL QB, especially after some awful performances. Now the Pack is a contender and he is viewed as a guy that could compete to be MVP.

If Parcells is disappointed in Henne then I'm glad he has handed the reigns over to Ireland.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

If Henne doesn't throw at least 4 TDs and no picks with 350 passing yards and 72% completion, we should immediately cut him and talk Pat White into coming back.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:39 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
If Henne doesn't throw at least 4 TDs and no picks with 350 passing yards and 72% completion, we should immediately cut him and talk Pat White into coming back.

Pat White? No chance, he has a lucrative deal as a KC Royal...

We have an injury prone soft arm ready to step in, we will be fine.... :fart:

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'll be honest here, I think Thigpen would do better than Penny.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Absolutely ludacris. 350 yards per game just isn't that good...I'd be ready to axe him if it's not well over the 400 yard mark.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Quote:
We have an injury prone soft arm ready to step in, we will be fine....

:)

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Which is a perfect example to the people who still whine about Wanny not taking Bress. Brees sucked his 1st 3 YRs. If Miami will be ready to move on from Henne if he does not set the NFL on fire this year after 23 games, then why would they expected Miami to have stuck with Brees for 3 Yrs.

Good point. I'm not sweating Henne. I think he'll take the next step. So far he hasn't shown it, but he really hasn't started a full season yet, has he? I remember how slow it took Brees to develop. I think he will need another year to develop his thinking process. He has the Dolphins organization telling him to manage the game, but maybe that's making him play it too safe. Also, let's not forget that Brandon Marshall was recovering from surgery during training camp, so, there will be a chemistry issue for a while.

FINesse wrote:
Quote:
We have an injury prone soft arm ready to step in, we will be fine....

:)

LOL. Some of us remember that terrible start last year under Pennington. No thanky. I'd rather see Thigpen get the backup job.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]