All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:13 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I don't even want to think about Chad O'Shea favoring Ballage over Kenyan Drake. Maybe I'd fire him over that gaff and the fact that he didn't know how to use Drake's talent in his offense.

Pro Football Talk wrote:
Kenyan Drake got exactly what he wanted when the Dolphins traded him to the Cardinals — more playing time and more touches. The running back averaged 11.5 touches per game in six games in Miami, gaining 348 yards. He averaged 18.9 touches in eight games in Arizona, gaining 814 yards.

“I feel like at the end of the day, [the Dolphins] had a plan of how they wanted to go in a direction,” Drake said, via Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald. “I feel like I didn’t fit in that plan. I just feel like when they put in a specific role, just playing third down, or coming out and being a receiving back. I felt like I could run and be a little bit more productive.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -him-more/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:04 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Sometimes I wonder if one of the reasons why he fired OC Chad O'Shea was his inability to evaluate and utilize his running backs.

RotoWorld wrote:
Cardinals GM Steve Keim wants to sign RB Kenyan Drake to a long-term contract.

The same can be said about DeAndre Hopkins, but we already knew that. Drake's currently playing on the one-year, $8.5 million transition tag, which makes him a free agent in 2021. After the recent mega-deal busts, it's not a bad idea to go year-by-year at running back, but the two parties could work out a multi-year deal prior to the season starting. Drake was one of the most efficient runners at the end of the last season despite having zero time to prep for Kliff Kingsbury's air raid system. The former-Dolphin should be viewed as a fantasy RB1 after Bill O'Brien indefensibly traded for David Johnson.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... nyan-drake

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:30 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Got to give Flores credit, he saw the issue and felt he could upgrade with Gailey. Alot of HCs would have stuck with their original guy.

Glad Drake is doing well. If it's any consolation, his contract would have been up this year..........Arizona gave him a one year deal for $8.5M.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

RotoWorld wrote:
The former-Dolphin should be viewed as a fantasy RB1 after Bill O'Brien indefensibly traded for David Johnson.

How hilarious would it be if Bill O’Brien proved what looks like just about EVERYBODY wrong & ends up coaching his way to that 2020 AFC South title. I don’t recall hearing any manager being bashed as much as him in one off season. He’ll have a chip on his shoulder, but of course, everybody else could be right & he could prove to absolutely suck.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:57 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

The worse the Texans are, the happier the Dolphins are.

Thanks for the draft picks, Bill.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 am 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

As a former fan of his (Drake), I speak from experience... and for him personally I hope it doesn't happen, but Drake is fragile. He may prove that wrong, but if I had to bet right now, I'd bet as a true RB1 and carrying the significant load, he will be hurt before too much longer.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]