View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 My thoughts on the Dolphins---A good read 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post My thoughts on the Dolphins---A good read
First let me introduce myself. I'm Chris, from NY and I'm a Jets fans. Please keep reading lol. Although I dislike the Dolphins with all of my heart I will not just talk sh*t b/c of that reason. I can give credit to a team when they play well. So don't just write me off as a troll. Ok now here are my thoughts on the Dolphins roster:

QB--Henne needs to be more decisive with the football and push the ball down the field more. I think he's good and he'll get better during the season.

RB--Everyone knows that the Williams/Brown combo is great, legitimately the best combo in the AFC East and maybe the AFC. But can they stay healthy, that's the question.

WR--Marshall is one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL and the best in the East (Sorry Randy Moss). But behind him I see a bunch of #3 and 4 WR's. If Marshall is taken out of the game by a defense, the passing game is in trouble.

TE--I like Fasano a lot. I've liked him since his college days. I don't think he'll be a top 10-15 TE but he is better then avg and has pretty sure hands.

O-Line--I think this line is good, not better or worse then that. I think they are susceptible to pressure and a little overrated b/c of the success of the wildcat.

D-Line--Odrick is going to be one hell of a player but the rest of the line needs some work and some youth. You don't have a true NT and that will hurt you against some of the better rushing teams in the league.

LB's---I like this set of LB'ers. Dansby is very good, I wouldn't go as far to say he's one of the best but he's def up there. With Wake and Misi rushing the QB you have two really good OLB'ers but again how will this unit hold up to a team that can run the football? With the D-Line issues Dansby will see linemen in his face a lot plus if a team can run the ball effectively that will slow up the pass rush from Wake and Misi.

Secondary--They're young and good but all of this talk about Pro Bowl ability for the CB's is unwarranted in my mind right now.

Overall--I think the Dolphins are a good team, not 10-6, 11-5 good, more like 8-8, 9-7 good. A couple of good or bad breaks could mean 10-6 or 6-10. I think they will put up a hell of an effort against my Jets and I'm excited for those games. We owe you some payback!

-Rex Ryan

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:51 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: My thoughts on the Dolphins---A good read
You say every unit is very good, but we're only an 8 win team?

I disagree with the D-line. Odrick is solid right now, and should be special down the road. But Starks is a monster in the nose right now, and Langford a beast against the run on the left side. Also, you say it needs more youth? Odrick is a rookie, Starks is 26, and Langford in his 3rd season...

Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phins Rock wrote:
You say every unit is very good, but we're only an 8 win team?

I disagree with the D-line. Odrick is solid right now, and should be special down the road. But Starks is a monster in the nose right now, and Langford a beast against the run on the left side. Also, you say it needs more youth? Odrick is a rookie, Starks is 26, and Langford in his 3rd season...

Your right, I got the D-Line thing wrong, Idk what I was thinking. What I should have said is that you're thin on talent on the defensive line. Starks won't hold up against the better centers in the league b/c he's too small and your backups are crap Ummm....I said just about every unit is good, not very good. I don't like the passing attack b/c your thin on talent at WR and you don't have a top TE to make up for that. I think you can really disrupt the offense with pressure like the Bills did in the 2nd half today. As far as the defense, I think you're weak in the secondary and I don't think you can stop a team with a very good offensive line from running the ball on you. That's a recipe for an 8-8 season. Plus you play in a tough division and have a really tough schedule. I'd be surprised if any East team won more then 10 games this season b/c of the schedule and the talent in the division.

-Rex Ryan

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

line is thin and secondary is young. as long as they don't give up too many passes like the parish catch, they should be ok. as for the line, our LBs will have to make up whatever they lack with different blitz packages.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jets suck.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:jests:

Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 pm