View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 My thoughts on the Jets game 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post My thoughts on the Jets game
I told you I would be back!

So I'm going to start off by saying we played probably the worst game we possibly could have against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL and lost by 1. But a loss is a loss.

On defense, I thought we really played great like I thought we would but the penalties stinking killed us and they always kept the Ravens drives going. I don't see how the Ravens score more then 3 points without all of the penalties but it is what it is. The Ravens have a very good offense and to hold them to 10 points with all of the mistakes we had is a great effort. We held a team who ranked 5th in rushing yard per game last year to 49 rushing yards and 1.4 ypc. That's great defense. But then again the defense ruining us with the penalties.

On offense, we could not make a play. We averaged 5.5 ypc against one of the best rush defensive teams in the NFL but we were never really on the field to get anything going b/c our defense kept letting the Ravens keep drives going by making mistakes. I thought LT looked great and that was about it. We had 3 or 4 crucial dropped passes by our WR's and TE. The play calling was very generic and pretty much atrocious. They need to let Sanchez throw the darn ball and open the play book b/c they won't win 8 games playing offense like they played today. If you're going to be such a pansy with Sanchez then why did they waste such a high pick on him they should have just signed a veteran QB to hand the ball off. It makes no sense.

What this means for the Jets-----I realize it's a loss and we played terrible but I do have to consider we did play one of the favorites for the Super Bowl and we held our own considering we made a ton of mistakes/penalties. So to me, I still have really high hopes for this year. You can say what you want about this loss but to me it's not that big of a deal. There is 15 more games to be played and we'll probably lose a few more. All I can say to you fans is that Flacco is better then Henne by far and the Ravens defense is better then the Dolphins by a large margin. So although we lost today, I still believe we'll kick the Dolphins butt when it's time.

The problems we had in the secondary won't happen against the Dolphins b/c Revis will lock Marshall up and then who else do you have? Bess? Hartline? They don't equal Boldin and Houshmandzadeh, (Revis was on Mason primarily). And as we saw tonight, good luck running the ball.

-Rex Ryan

Last edited by choon328 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: My thoughts on the Jets game
make sure you drop by next week when your 0-2 and still consider yourself a superbowl contender...

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

paydurt wrote:
make sure you drop by next week when your 0-2 and still consider yourself a superbowl contender...

I'll be back every week, rain or shine.

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Really, you won't be missed. Your homerism is quite evident and unwanted around here. :jests:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Cool... Maybe we can talk about some pedestrian looking Quarterbacks?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't know how you can criticize the Phins offense when the Jets offense was completely pathetic. Sure the Ravens have a stout defense, but that was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen in quite some time.

I will say the front seven of the Jets defense looks AMAZING against the run and rushing the passer. I think the Jets will get things figured out as the season progresses, they should be a tough team to beat down the stretch. That defense is stout enough to keep them in the games and the offense will only continue to get better ( you couldn't do much worse than tonight ).
I do find it humorous that you make excuses for your team's poor performance yet you give no such benefit to the Ravens. I don't think you saw the best their offense can be, nor do I think they saw the best your offense can be. Both teams struggled offensively and this game really came down to defense and discipline. The Jets weren't disciplined (see the penalties), and the Jets secondary got somewhat victimized out there tonight.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:12 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

paydurt wrote:
choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Cool... Maybe we can talk about some pedestrian looking Quarterbacks?

We can if you want. Let's start off with Sanchez and Henne. How does that sound?

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Here are my observations-

Champs- You guys sure know how to take it like a Champ. Good job.

Rex Ryan- It appears as though all the talk was just talk. Yes, the defense is good but you aren't a Super Bowl quality team yet. All talk.

Defense- Your defense rocks, can't that that away.

Offense- You had 176 yards total offense and you were 1 of 11 on 3rd down.

Mmmm, yes, Super Bowl material right there.

Mark Sanchez- Need I say more? Although he shows sparks at times, he once again didn't do much. 10 of 21, 74 yards.

Opening Day- Hope you guys enjoyed your opening day in your brand new fancy stadium.

Honestly, you don't have much to be optimistic about. Although on paper your defense looks good, and it appears as though they dominated, they gave up a lot of huge plays and plenty of opportunities. The offense was absolutely horrible.

The target is still on the Jets back until they have lost 9-10 games, and they don't have a shot.

Bottom line, don't come in here all proud of your team. At the end of the day, wins is what counts. Your precious 'big talk' jets couldn't pull it off.

Congrats, Champ.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phin wrote:
I don't know how you can criticize the Phins offense when the Jets offense was completely pathetic. Sure the Ravens have a stout defense, but that was one of the worst offensive performances I have seen in quite some time.

I will say the front seven of the Jets defense looks AMAZING against the run and rushing the passer. I think the Jets will get things figured out as the season progresses, they should be a tough team to beat down the stretch. That defense is stout enough to keep them in the games and the offense will only continue to get better ( you couldn't do much worse than tonight ).
I do find it humorous that you make excuses for your team's poor performance yet you give no such benefit to the Ravens. I don't think you saw the best their offense can be, nor do I think they saw the best your offense can be. Both teams struggled offensively and this game really came down to defense and discipline. The Jets weren't disciplined (see the penalties), and the Jets secondary got somewhat victimized out there tonight.

You're right, it was pretty pathetic. Except we ran the ball on them pretty darn good. I agree that the penalties killed us. I also know that if we didn't keep drives alive with those penalties then the Ravens wouldn't have scored. If the Ravens took the ball and legitimately rammed the ball down our throats, kind of like what the Bills did to the Dolphins D in the 4th quarter, then I would give them credit.

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Phin wrote:
choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Really, you won't be missed. Your homerism is quite evident and unwanted around here. :jests:

Don't be mad b/c I take more positive out of a game that the Jets played terrible in and made countless mistakes then you can out of a win.

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AOA001 wrote:
Here are my observations-

Champs- You guys sure know how to take it like a Champ. Good job.

Thanks, nice picture :ann0y:

Rex Ryan- It appears as though all the talk was just talk. Yes, the defense is good but you aren't a Super Bowl quality team yet. All talk.

We have a Super Bowl quality defense, we need to get better on offense, that's obvious.

Defense- Your defense rocks, can't that that away.

Offense- You had 176 yards total offense and you were 1 of 11 on 3rd down.

Mmmm, yes, Super Bowl material right there.

Mark Sanchez- Need I say more? Although he shows sparks at times, he once again didn't do much. 10 of 21, 74 yards.

5 drops, 3 that would have been 1st downs. Didn't play great but the coaches don't allow that to happen. They need to take the fracking kid gloves off and let him play, for better or worse. You know what I mean?

Opening Day- Hope you guys enjoyed your opening day in your brand new fancy stadium.

Honestly, you don't have much to be optimistic about. Although on paper your defense looks good, and it appears as though they dominated, they gave up a lot of huge plays and plenty of opportunities. The offense was absolutely horrible.
On Paper? Our defense makes the Dolphins defense look like a high school team. Talk about homer comments.

Congrats, Champ.

Hey thanks, keep reveling in that 5 pt win big shot, lol. I give your team credit, they won, barely, but won.

-Rex Ryan

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:27 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

LOL -- "Defense was GREAT..." but "penalties killed us...".

Seriously, great defenses don't need to hold on to receivers so darn much ;-) After that performance, I can't say that your secondary is that much better than ours at this point (although on paper it is).

Your run-d is excellent. That should continue to keep opposing offenses on check, but your BFF Sanchez IS NOT a Superbowl caliber QB, and will end up letting you down. Don't hold your breath on him.

As for Henne, um, yeah, he's got work to do. But hey, as least he's got a darn good mentor to rely on when the going gets tough. And Sanchez has...?...who?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

All talk, choon328, all talk.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

If ifs and buts was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

:jests:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jets suck.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I have to admit the jets scared me a bit there. They almost let the ravens take that number 1 defense spot away from us

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:03 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

What a joke comparing Henne to mark what did He throw for a Whole 70 yards wow at least Henne threw for 180. And dont talk about the bs about the Ravens secondary At least the Bills have some talent back there.

It's going to be great when the jets get Beat by such a "weak" team

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

If the Jets were a baby, I'd punch that baby

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Ugh.....

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:41 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rich wrote:
choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Ugh.....

Super, I'll be sure to watch for you in anticipation.. I cant wait for the I told you so post when Sancheckdown has that one good game...

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

choon328 wrote:
I told you I would be back!

Keep coming back, although I think you'll be disappointed this season. Too much hype and pressure to declare yourselves Super Bowl bound just by adding free agents. I think the Redskins proved that year after year. And we went though this in Shula's last year when he signed all those former first round draft picks.

choon328 wrote:
So I'm going to start off by saying we played probably the worst game we possibly could have against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL and lost by 1. But a loss is a loss.

Well, this is a loss that you don't have to beat yourself up about. The Ravens are my preseason pick to go to the Super Bowl.

choon328 wrote:
The problems we had in the secondary won't happen against the Dolphins b/c Revis will lock Marshall up and then who else do you have? Bess? Hartline? They don't equal Boldin and Houshmandzadeh, (Revis was on Mason primarily). And as we saw tonight, good luck running the ball.

And I hope you all go into the game thinking like that. We beat you twice last year without Brandon Marshall ... and teams have been trying to shut him down for years.

BTW, you failed to mention that your pretty boy quarterback completed less than 50 percent of his passes for less than 80 total passing yards. You can't go to the Super Bowl like that. Oh, it's ok because you will have Santonio Holmes soon ... that's right;)

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Trying to have a REAL conversation with you guys is not easy with all of your dim witted comments. I never said Sanchez was a Super Bowl caliber QB, although Trent Dilfer won a super bowl with pretty much that same stat line. So who knows, it's week 1. And the idiot who made the argument that Henne threw for 180 so he's better then Sanchez doesn't know football. Your right, the Ravens secondary wasn't in great shape, but their front 7 is probably top 3 in football and that also affects your passing game. The Bills front 7 is terrible. So when you have all day to throw you should throw for a hell of a lot more then 180 yards. You even have a post that says, "Henne has ALL day to throw". The caliber of team the Jets played compared to what the Dolphins played isn't even comparable. Week 3 can't come soon enough.

-Rex Ryan

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:52 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ok a few more things to add:

Shonn Greene: Um yea, new feature back coughs up the ball once after a huge turnover, and fumbles twice!! What'd he have? Eight Carries all game?? 1 quarter of the time he puts the ball on the turf!!!! At least Tommy Jones was a reliable workhorse, Greene? All of a sudden I got this feeling that Patrick Cobbs woulda been a better option.

LT: Looked great once he got outside the tackles. Good call on getting a couple of passes to the flat, and some HB tosses in there. Although, all this hype about him being rejuvenated appear to be praise for the scheme he's working in. The Jets are playing to his remaining strengths and capitalizing on what he has left in the tank. And for that matter, LT looks like a great option if he can get out in open space. Between the tackles, its a wrap..... nothing left.

So when the Jets line up in their "jumbo 3 TE package" and start force feeding the Power O play, who's gonna get the ball?? Greene coughs it up, and LT is only good outside. TOMMY JONES WILL BE MISSED!! 'nuff said.

Braylon Edwards: Please Please Please tell me why a Six Million Dollar Wideout is on the FG block team!!!! Its not like he's waiting in the endzone for a potential return on a short kick, he busted through the lines and actually messed up the play. Why would you send a delicate Wideout in the block formation RISKING INJURY??? I get it, he's tall, and fast, but really? One awkward step, and a 300 lb backup falls the wrong way, and L. Coles is back on the active roster.

And Mr Jets Fan, I understand you arent worried about losing to a "top 5" team, while you criticized our victory over the measly Bills. But, what will be the story next week when you play the Pats. I mean, the Ravens are top 5, the Jets are top 5.... Im assuming you have the Saints, and Vikings as top 5 as well, that leaves the Colts and Pats as the last 2 possibly in the alleged "top 5". Will you use the same excuse that you "arent worried" when the Pats light up your defense for 30 points? Or will that be time for concern??
I Guess what Im trying to ask is.... IF and i do mean IF, Miami can knock off Minnesota leading them to an 0-2 start, and a 2-0 start for us, AND the Pats beat the Jets as they should next week moving them to 2-0, and yourselves to 0-2. Is it THEN time to be worried? I mean, your next opponent would be a 2-0 Miami team that also just defeated one of your "top 5" picks. Or will it take a 4th loss in a row to Miami, and a 0-3 start, 0-2 in division, and a matchup against the "measly Bills" to start the concern? Just curious here, wondering when the wheels will fall off on this Super Bowl Quest that was said to be nothing more than a formality to your head coach.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

So I'm going to start off by saying we played probably the worst game we possibly could have against one of the top 5 teams in the NFL and lost by 1

How do you know they are a top 5 team? SD, Indy, Dallas, jets, ATL, and Niners are all picked to go far this year and they all lost. We know nothing of this season yet. Yeah, you played the worse game. The problem is that the Jets just aren't that good and your loud mouth sh*t talking coach should shut up.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

choon328 wrote:
Trying to have a REAL conversation with you guys is not easy with all of your dim witted comments. I never said Sanchez was a Super Bowl caliber QB, although Trent Dilfer won a super bowl with pretty much that same stat line. So who knows, it's week 1. And the idiot who made the argument that Henne threw for 180 so he's better then Sanchez doesn't know football. Your right, the Ravens secondary wasn't in great shape, but their front 7 is probably top 3 in football and that also affects your passing game. The Bills front 7 is terrible. So when you have all day to throw you should throw for a hell of a lot more then 180 yards. You even have a post that says, "Henne has ALL day to throw". The caliber of team the Jets played compared to what the Dolphins played isn't even comparable. Week 3 can't come soon enough.

Yeah, jump into the shark tank and then get mad when they bite... Good logic...

If you want the truth you will get it just by reading comments...

You are comparing Henne to Sanchez.... The Jets to the Dolphins and the Ravens to the Bills.

I could care less either way, I think the Ravens have a great team, and if not for the 3 turnovers it would have been a blow out.

The Jets are all hyped up to be something they are not, and if the Offense cant stay on the field your going to see alot more injuries with that style of play. Taylor wont make it 8 games like that, he wants to play every down, but he needs a governor or he will be on the IR by mid season. The guy has been pushing it for years...

Sanchez's hard counts may fool a few people.. And quite frankly your O coord is not exactly a tried and true type, he is just another guy with a last name that means something in the NFL..
That doesnt do much either... Ask Mike Shula and Brian Griese...

You can keep coming up with scenarios, but the fact remains that your team has made some rather questionable moves on offense that really shined lat night..Taking LT & Greene to 201 rather than Jones & Washington?
Remember last season when Rex was up in arms about loosing a pro bowl RB? That news confrence where he bit the reporters head off after being asked about Cobbs injury before the game?

I wish you luck buddy, but the term "dont believe the hype" should be hung all over the jets locker room...

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:22 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Quote:
125 penalty yds for Jets, most for them since 1988. ... Pretty sure Antonio Cromartie had almost as many flags as he does kids

:)

http://twitter.com/mikeberardino

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:05 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
You're right, it was pretty pathetic. Except we ran the ball on them pretty darn good.
Given you couldn't/wouldn't throw the ball I agree. Sanchez and Henne are about at the same place. Both guys looking like sophomore QBs who will one day have a bright future. The Jet's defense looked okay. I think Flacco just revealed to the world that going deep against the man coverage (anyone but Revis) is the way to beat the Jets. Flacco even had an off night considering all the misses he had early on. That has to concern the Jets and their fans. Even Ryan looked a little disgusted by the play of the secondary. Your run D was better than last season....even without Jenkins. The season is a marathon and unfortunately for us, there's 15 games left otherwise we're week 1 Champs.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:30 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Jets defense looked as good as we thought as it was going to be. Although way too many penalties and idk if anybody watched the game close enough but CROMARTIE got worked all f**king game by whoever he was playing on, Boldin, tj, mason, it didnt matter! He also had 2 PI calls and a holding called on him.. had the one Interception which if Flacco throws it the right way is a TD not a Interception. Mark Sanchez was HORRRIBLE! idc what defense he played he played a horrific game and has yet to show me one game in this league to even say that he is going to be a Ok QB.. Puke green jets better get their act together or they are looking at 0-3! better beat the pats or they will start 0-2 in the division and 0-3 in the AFC! so much for super bowl champs!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 am

The interception was the product of someone running the wrong route. Flacco should've never thrown it. Both Heap and Boldin were within a yard of each other. I think the announcer said that Boldin was supposed to run a skinny post to draw the safety. Instead he ran a deep out.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:11 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I loved every minute of it!! This great defense couldnt get off the field. Yes they are a good defense, but great defenses get off the field on 3rd down.

Their offense looked worse than Buffalo's.

Too many penalties and I loved Rex shaking his head on every single one of them and throwing his hands in the air!!

I wish I was back home in NJ to hear all the bridge jumpers on the radio!!! :)

:jests:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

choon328 wrote:
I never said Sanchez was a Super Bowl caliber QB

Actually, Sanchez inferred that when he said they were going to the Super Bowl.

choon328 wrote:
although Trent Dilfer won a super bowl with pretty much that same stat line.

While the Jets defense is very good, you will not be able to make that comparison until your Jets defense can play as well as that Super Bowl Ravens defense. That defense was probably the best defense ever put together.

Dont' get discouraged here, Choon. Keep coming back. You'll wear on us.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

My thoughts on the Jets game: :jests:
My thoughts on Dustin Keller: :) :)
My thoughts on the Jets: :jests:

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfanmel wrote:
Their offense looked worse than Buffalo's.

A Bills fan friend of mine texted me last night with a smile saying "I can say that the worst offense in the AFC East in NOT in western NY."

I agree. The Jets offense looked friggin' terrible last night. I don't care that they played the Ravens. Less than 80 passing yards and your starting RB getting STUFFED all game (along with putting the ball on the ground all too often).

I thought the Yets were DEFINITELY SB bound?

Jets suck.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

choon328 wrote:

And we will be looking forward to it!

I'm thinking that the 'weakness' Miami showed in the Bills game is actually the strategy we need to beat you guys.

Miami needs to run the football, run the football, and keep running no matter how well the jets shut it down. Let henne keep playing it safe, especially with your corners. Play mistake free football, and win the game in the 4th quarter. I think (after watching the game last night) we can wear you out in the 4th quarter.

But if we get stupid and let er rip, we are going to lose. We'll playing right into your hands.

I will say that a 10-9 game is no reflection, really, on your offense. It was a defensive struggle and Us phin fans better fear your defense.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

choon328 wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Unlike most of my compatriots, I won't frown at your insistence, but the least you could do is throw a $20 in the tip jar to keep the joint running.

By the way.

Jets suck.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

choon328 wrote:
Trying to have a REAL conversation with you guys is not easy with all of your dim witted comments.

Dude, you came in here insulting the fans on this board calling us homers and such. Don't get mad when people don't agree with you or criticize your team (a division rival). You said you'd be back to take your lumps if you were wrong, don't get your panties in a wad while your taking them.
In all actuality, considering this is a Dolphins board, there hasn't been very much homer talk concerning the Bills game as one would expect to hear on an internet fan forum.
So coming in here guns blazing, acting all high and mighty, isn't the best way to garner respect or friends. You say your not a homer, so don't act like it and don't come in here being a jerk to everyone if you expect us to treat you respectfully.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There's no sense in reasoning with a Jets fan.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
There's no sense in reasoning with a Jets fan.

Touche'

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They don't even know where they're from... I'm sorry, but during the season I will converse freely and openly with other teams fans on their sites, but the Jets... never! ever!

J-E-T-S Suck Suck Suck!

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]